1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

As for that interview...Isn't it pretty obvious ika is the one doing so?
    Also, can someone more experienced tell me if this interview thing was used in other games and what it means? I'm reeling a bit from it.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Rubicon's reaction had a level of derision towards Zeit that I might expect from scum against an idiot townie. Since Zeit flips town, you can consider that accusation null and void.

3. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Yeah, I'll admit, I'm having a hard time processing the interview. It's clearly Ika, but there's more revealed there than I imagine he'd admit to just off the bat. For instance, looping himself in with the scum.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

@Blab, talk to me about Sloth. I'm not seeing scum!Sloth here at all.

If ika, is the sender he is most likely town. I don't think ika is the author. The voice just doesn't match ika. He's not the type to wall. Notice the reference to the other captives. I think the scumteam was a collaboration between the three people in the "jail". I know two of them due to the message, and ika's name wasn't mentioned.

Alpha and Baker Vote: Zennith

I also don't get why the scums shot someone who didn't even post. That makes no sense.

Most Scummy

Zennith
    Riley
    ika
    Ird
    Custer/Bill Door/Nemrut
    Fonti (mainly here because his reads are so far off)
    Sloth
    Luckylee
    Blab
    Rubicon
    Titus

Most Townie

---------- Post automerged at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

**I think the scumteam = I think the note was a collaboration. Derp.

5. Zennith

High Score:
    And Sloth, that's a nice post. There's a lot that's plausible there, thank you for explaining your reasoning. You're still a soft scum read (you note for instance that I often come across as overly defensive. I do. I know this. But so do you.) but I don't think you're the priority.

I'm inclined to think that one of either Ika or Citrus is scum, but they're not aligned.

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Titus, go through again why you think I'm scum for me please.

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

I just want a clear list of accusations laid out.

6. blab

blab Second Year

@Titus
    I hadn't considered that the Interview was faked. I still think it sounds like ika but you know his voice better, and are probably less easily fooled.
    I'll analyze Sloth's prepared mega-post first.

7. fontisian

Reasons?

Titus, the difference between your reads and mine are the placement of Riley, Irdiumstern and Sloth. My strongest scumread just flipped scum. How are my reads far off?

I don't get why people think the interview came from ika. What I do want to know is if the three people are neighbors or masons.

I'm processing Sloth's post. Initial reaction is the the AtE and lack of concrete reads makes me want him dead.

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Vote Count 1.4
    (8 to lynch)

Zennith (2): Titus, Titus
    ika (2): fontisian, blab

Irdiumstern (1): Sloth

Abstain (10): Rubicon, Zennith, Citrus, Luckylee, ika, Irdiumstern, Custer, Riley Poole, Maiden, Nemrut

9. fontisian

Ew. It should say "Since Zeit flipped scum."

---------- Post automerged at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Still Sloth's scummate, Zennith?

10. Zennith

High Score:

Why would I post that if we were scummates? That would be incredibly stupid.

11. fontisian

Yes. Yes it would. ;)

12. Zennith

High Score:

Agreed. I happen to not be incredibly stupid.

13. fontisian

Hindsight is 20-20, man.

Sloth: I'm curious, what made you go the Appeal to Emotion route after Zeit tried and failed to use it?

14. Zennith

High Score:

Even with foresight that'd be a pretty obvious one.

15. fontisian

And I'm sure you're beating yourself up over it. Or were you hoping I would call you too scummy to be scum?

16. Zennith

High Score:
    I just think it's funny how little credit you give me.

And the tunneling is pretty fascinating to me.

17. fontisian

Zennith, I am the tunnel.

Explain your scumreads of ika and Citrus and your reasons behind them.

---------- Post automerged at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

I should probably clarify that the "reasons behind them" refers to the fact that you're calling them an unaligned pair.

---------- Post automerged at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Ok, this is stupid. I lied about this because I saw Titus saying it probably wasn't ika, but really, it's obviously either ika or Titus impersonating him.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

ika will confirm if it is him. It's either ika or someone else who hasn't posted. I don't think anyone but those two would try posting in that regard. ika would not likely refer to the text as "jail" as there's a better role that I'd presume ika would have knowledge of.

@All, Look at Zeit's vote history. Zeit's vote on Rubicon is particularly telling. If Zennith was town, I'd believe that scum would vote Zennith in that one v one setup. Instead, Zeit makes Rubicon the leading wagon. The VCA suggests that Rubicon is town and Zennith is scum.

Also, look at Zennith's posts as a whole. They are defensive and putting out little theory or questions.

Lastly, look at Zeit's flail. He flailed while he and Zennith were tied at 4 votes approximately. Why flail that early unless BOTH the leading wagons were on scum?

========

Regarding the others

Riley just screams scum with his pointless questions and "derping" as Fonti put it. I don't see derping. I see scum. Fonti did basically call Riley too bad to be scum (without using those words) but doesn't here with Zennith... odd.

ika just gives me bad gut vibes. He always does but bleh.

The things that people give Ird towncredit for just don't sit right with me, especially after Zeit's flip.

The rest either haven't posted or are pretty solid townreads of mine at this time. I don't care for Blab's vote on ika but I can't really say it's scummy.

---------- Post automerged at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

@Fonti, why would I suggest the author isn't ika if I went to the hassle of faking being ika? Also, I think the three people together are not linked. Think like a 1-night dual neighbor.

19. Zennith

High Score:
    Regardless of what you've been saying about me, this was my point earlier. Ird is hedging constantly, has actually offered little to nothing in terms of real scumhunting, and didn't in my mind react well to my line of questioning earlier. Still my top remaining scum read.

20. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

^ sounds like something you'd say about a buddy.

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

His defense of Zeitgeist was really over the top for a buddy. And fast. Like seconds or minutes after I voted Zeitgeist.