1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

What is your ability name called? Is it actually tied to the jail mechanic somehow?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Sloth, the statistics game is the point. ika slipped in addressing you and Zeit more then he should have, and he needs to be pressured. You seem to be under some weird impression that just because a case is short, it isn't compelling, but the case length is a product of how little ika has given me to work with. He isn't scumhunting at all.

See, the disjointed nature of these two sentences (you mention thinking I'm town but ... and then never follow up on it) suggests that you rewrote it a couple times to find a reasonable way to attack me and Irdium. Elaborate on Irdium for me.

You are accusing me of backing up Titus's blatantly false statement to get towncred, then backing off due to indecision. What I don't understand is how you think I could have gotten towncred from that in the first place.

You're a little too late to get towncred by bussing. You've got to jump on your teammates when they start to sink, not when they're already half-way under.

3. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Might as well let ika write something up.

I'm going to use the time to reread the thread and reconsider all my reads. I have a feeling I might be being duped by someone.

4. fontisian

I'm going to quote this again for emphasis. Sloth just suggested that I'm either a power role or ika's scumbuddy engaging in bussing. If he believed the second option, he would have made more of a point of it than that one question. There is no townie mindset here.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

I don't see how that's accurate.

6. fontisian

"Do you know something we don't?" What are the ways someone could know something other people don't about the game, Titus?

7. Titus

Titus Squib

No. I don't think so. That can imply many things other than being a PR. I see where you are going with that, but that can mean many things.

8. fontisian

Like what?

9. Titus

Titus Squib

An aggressive stance taken to force you to justify your ika tunnel for starters.

10. fontisian

Uh, no. For two reasons: 1. I've already justified my ika tunnel. It becomes more justified with every post ika makes. 2.Sloth used a specific wording to imply that I know more than I'm letting on. If he only meant that the tunnel was unjustified, he would have said that.

11. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

I already said as much on Pg. 16, when Rubicon asked me. My top three were:

Ika
    Zennith
    Riley?

I've changed my vote one time. In what way is that 'going back and forth'? I'm speculating out loud because day 1 came and went without warning and I got accused of being a lurker, thank you very much.
    I wouldn't say that I'm 100% on ANYTHING, because in this game, that sounds really stupid.
    I have a strong town read from Rubicon and a scum read on Ika and Zennith. Regardless of if Ika's town or not, I think his actions are the actions of someone whom I wouldn't want to be on my team.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

1. I see evidence suggesting ika is scum. Tunnel worthy, no as there is alternative although farfetched reasons why ika could be town.

2. Aggression is a method of determining the foundation and the strength of an argument to lynch. People act differently.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

In case it's necessary, I can provide time points for relevant points of discussion from the jailchat/when things were revealed there/etc. My trust in my fellow jailmates is pretty low for accurate and/or timely renditions after reading through here

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Drop the RP stuff please

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

This second line is scummy as fuck Ika. You're saying you have useful notes that we won't get if you die as reasoning why you shouldn't be lynched. If you're town it hurts you too if you can't share useful information with us whil you're alive

---------- Post automerged at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

If Ika flips scum I would say Luckylee looks pretty scummy on Vote Analysis on top of how he's been pretty disinterested, just a note there

14. fontisian

I'm actually pretty ok with Luckylee, which brings up another point. Look at the towniness of that ika wagon.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Still got 1 day and 22 hours left for D2, no need to wring anyone by their necks just yet.

I went through the jailchat trying to pull out relevant timepoints but can't unify them very easily.

If everyone has something they want to know specific from it, say "@CITRUS:" and then ask and if it's something I can and want to provide I will do so at earliest convenience

16. fontisian

Mori: You haven't offered much in the way of your thoughts. What are you thinking?

17. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

@Fonti
    …Wow.
    Ok. Two things here:

1) “Just because a case is short, it isn't compelling.” Normally I wouldn’t bother addressing this, but this game has taught me I apparently have to spell even basic things or be labeled scum. Fine, I can do that.
    When did I give that impression? My exact wording was “Especially not when the case against me was three times its size, and 10 times as strong. (not that that’s saying much at this point.)
    I never said “it’s 3 times its size, making it 10 times as strong.” I said you had more arguments on me, and most of them were stronger on their own as any of what you had on ika. It wasn’t an if-then situation.

2) …Oh, you want to talk about statistics. That’s fine. I can do that too. I spent my entire college career and half of my professional career carrying out researching and running tests on statistics and correlation.

This is the part I tell you why what you propose is bullshit:
    In order to have anything worth noting, your research must be empirical. For your experiment to be empirical, it must have reliability, validity and accuracy.
    You have no reliability. You can’t duplicate this experiment through other means and get the same result. You can’t go to another game where ika has played as confirmed scum and get a similar result with interactions with his scummates.
    You have no validity. You can’t claim that his interactions are an accurate measure for his scumminess because the only reason you have to state it as such is your own unfounded belief of someone you barely know how they play.
    You have no accuracy. Without validity and reliability, you can’t prove that your measuring tool for his scumminess and his scummates is worth anything.

You’re a bad researcher, trying to force two random variables into correlation with no basis for it other than your own belief and your willful ignorance of the only person that can provide further insight on it. You have a flawed premise hidden under pseudo-intellect.

You. Have. Bullshit.

Whether or not ika’s scum, it won’t change that at the time of that post, you were forcing him into a scum role over weak notes.

NEXT.

Again you either pretend to be obtuse, or actually are. The line I’m giving Irdium crap about also mentions you in a way that makes me think scumbuddies.

I thought you reacted quickly before stopping and thinking about it. Everyone makes mistakes like that.

…uh. Huh.
    Did I not mention that I thought ika was worth watching in my first post in D2? Did I not say he was definitely scummy now?
    Moreover, did I change my vote?
    Are you going to say I won’t because that would make me obsscum?
    You know that thing I mentioned when I gave my reasons for voting for Rubi after you had cut me off? You’re doing it again. Except this time you don’t have an out like me asking for them.
    For the record, my vote is still comfortable where it is. I’m waiting for his post.

Partly. It was mostly an soft-accusation of possible bussing. Wanted to see how she’d react to it.

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

In conclusion, the fact that Fonti keeps either bending herself backwards to look at my words in a scummy angle makes the possibility of her being scum higher and higher.
    I'd appreciate counters from someone unbiased (read, not her) to tell me I'm full of shit.

---------- Post automerged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Townie response. Bravo, Maiden.
    Dismissing you for now, focusing on others.

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Sigh. Oh right, explanations: I asked her mostly empty questions to see how she'd react, given that she's new and might go for a stupid mistake. Didn't. Not townfirmed, but I'm looking at others for now.

18. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

ok catching up. give me a moment

---------- Post automerged at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

i need to find my placement so i can compile final notes and adress everything.

19. fontisian

Then our valuations are different, because I consider the arguments against ika to be just as strong as the ones against you, because (unlike ika) you actually have a few things working in your favor.

I was throwing you a bone, idiot. I thought you two were equally likely to be scum, so out of courtesy of the effort you're putting into the game compared to ika, I decided to go after him first. If you want to provoke me back into tunneling you, that's your business.

1. You are attempting to use your history in statistics to give yourself a position of authority. Stop that.

2. This is not statistics. I do not need to be 97% certain of ika's scumminess. I just need to be certain enough to tunnel him until he's either dead or convinces me otherwise.

3. The variables are not random. They were made as a conscious choice by ika. Therefore, they must mean something, even if it's only that he considered Zeit's posts the most important things in the thread.

4. Statistic is your word, not mine. I pointed out that ika was unusually interested in Zeit, you and me, and that his post had a lot of information over analysis (which my brief look at his meta has shown me is a scum tell for him). You'll notice that its a marked difference from his last game, where he was always accusing someone. So, I asked him for his reads, to see if that post was a fluke, and he refused to answer my question. Finally, I looked through his other posts and noticed that they were unusually apologetic (another scumtell for him) and that they had contradictory mindsets of encouraging and condemning the amount of activity.

Ah, that line. I think you're reading into it way too much, and Irdiumstern's reasoning makes sense, but whatever. Your sentences still read as very disjointed.

I accused you of doing the same thing when you jumped on Rubicon, and you claimed that you always think your moves through. So, you never scumslip, but I do? Right.

Distancing. 'Nuff said.

No, but I would say this is a guilty mindset.

You're going to have to elaborate on that instead of slinging mud. It won't stick.

"An out." Really? You refused to answer the question I asked you until I gave my reasoning. I gave you a chance Sloth, and you blew it. Don't blame me for your own idiocy.

Please. When I bus, you'll never see it as bussing.

---------- Post automerged at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Right. It's not like we already knew Maiden was town or anything.

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Honestly, much as I still have a couple of reservations (ika's role being somewhat unsuitable for mafia, for example) I think his playstyle kind of leaves little doubt. He's constantly avoided saying things and referring to notes for 'jail chat', while apparently he hasn't said too much there either.

I feel like Titus is relatively confirmed town by now. I mean, I can see how her role could be scum, but her playstyle's been decent.

I'll admit to not seeing the conftown others have in Rubicon. He hasn't said too much this past day.

Sloth is fairly high up on the town list. He's been aggressive without any particular agenda.

Ika is about to give a big post, so holding off until that, but he's definitely the top pick for my vote. Not that that's saying much at this point, admittedly.

Maiden: How, exactly, is she known town, Fontisian? If it's the 'Zeit was town' slip, come on. That's nothing.