1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

@Sloth: I must have missed it in the huge ass walls you post.
    Relevance: Thos who take it too seriously and dismiss it openly (Like you) go up in my Town list. Those who strictly answer it and leave nothing else are nulled.

@Titus: Are you serious? You played the game.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

:?

I don't know what to make of this.

3. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I answered that in #480, but here are the cliffnotes:
    I don't vote or change votes based on others. I vote on my own beliefs, and on necessity.
    I'm fairly convinced ika is scum, but I also think Irdium should be played close attention to. You don't need my vote to lynch ika, but I'm making sure everyone knows where my attention is.
    If for whatever reason, ika needs one more vote to be lynched, I'll change it at the end of the day. Otherwise, I see no need to.

Plus that bit I mentioned about L-2. Rubicon unvoted him anyway, so we should be ok.

You do know you can do that WHILE voting for Citrus, right? It's not about convincing 7 people, it's about taking a stand and showing why.
    Why do you care if you're lynched? This is a reveal-on-death set-up, and there are plenty of players left so that Town still has a majority. If you get lynched, we know beyond the shadow of a doubt you're Town and we know to take another look at the arguments you made before dying.
    The only reason a Town should be concerned by lynching is in a revealess set-up.

This is not for me, but I'll answer to give my own thoughts:
    It's damning, and until he comes back to try to dig his way out of this one, we probably found our target for Tomorrow.
    At this point, unless he can dig his way out, ika should go today. We simply gain and learn much more out of his lynch that Mori's.
    If he's scum, we remove scum's ears from the jail, and we know they won't have access to it toNight. Great.
    If he's town, we know he wasn't the snitch, which means it was Zennith or Citrus (most likely Zennith, given the level of WIFOM Citrus would require for this), and we have two scum to lynch, as well as several other suddenly-more-suspicious suspects.

Why Mori now? And no one come to me and with 'we must lynch all confscum first' spiel. You know how I find it bullshit, you know how I felt about Toph's move.
    Otherwise, debate away.

---------- Post automerged at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Also, yeah, pretty sure I've seen Moridin play before.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

@Riley/Rubicon, that's the dissonance I was seeing in Riley. He doesn't want to believe the slip bc Moridin is new and Citrus is his scumread, so he's rationlizing what he knows to be true to himself...well that's hat I am seeing anyway. They could b buddies though.

Regarding Citrus, I caught Fonti due to her bs meta case. Provide examples of he tone matching.

5. Rubicon

Vote: Moridin

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I meant that Moridin has been playing mafia on DLP longer than I have. I'm reasonably sure Riley's played with him before, and certainly knows who he is. So I don't know what to make of him suddenly acting like he doesn't.

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Sloth, sorry. Ika is prob scum. Too many things are different from his town game. Moridin slipped about having extra knowledge. I want an answer to that.

Ika is also not at L minus 2.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Mind blown. Yeah, that is something. Riley has provided his games, so we cn see if they have playd together.

7. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

I just got up and should be here for a bit but really dont expect much. unless if you do things like this on how titus did it

1) zennith didnt tell me till it was too late to send via message. after that it had to be put in article
    2) b/c i had letters to send plus i'm always weary of you. you should know that by now.
    3) define diffrent? i act based of diffrenting factors that usally doesnt affect people (setup, mood, mecanics, GIATN FUCKING WALL POST)
    4) really, nobody has interacted with me and the game going so fast with all these gian wall posts that i cant even really figure half of the things out. I have a few ppl pegged as some stuff but really im just so lost in this game that i would need to force myself to reread most if not the entire game to get reads. i have general ideas on stuff but thats in the jail chat
    5)link/post numbers?

8. Riley

New to the game. I have no real recollection of previous games. Then again. i can barely remember all the players from the last game I was in.

---------- Post automerged at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

@Sloth: And why should I be suicidal for the sake of town. Olliek/Zircon is and it never ever helps EVER. I refuse to play by such a stupid strategy as "derp, I'll do the brave thing instead of the smart thing".

9. Titus

Titus Squib

@Riley, we will have problems then. I like players with CONVICTION. Players who lack backbone say hey it was the majority and have an out either way.

@ika, I am referring to post 125. You're talking about me derping and double vote lynching you while under no pressure. Now, you're not appealing to me. Huh?

10. Rubicon

Don't worry ika, I'll interact with you.

What do you think of Moridin's slip?

If you had to pick one person other than yourself to lynch, who would it be?

What's your read on Titus?

---------- Post automerged at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I'm skeptical.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

And ika, I understand that you haven't read and understood everything. Just give us what you've got.

11. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

125 was the soma refrence aka note and my giant brain dump.

im tired and not in the mood (i just got up and still cranky) to activly engage in our usal form but if you like i can appeal to you in a horribly shiity yet humorous fasion

12. Titus

Titus Squib

ika, please take solid positions. Being wary of me is not a position on my alignment.

The "derp" and "double vote lynch" were NOT statements regarding soma. You were pleading, begging me not to lynch you. When you're actually under pressure, that tone is gone, which befuddles me.

13. Riley

Am I supposed to remember every person in every game I've played? Shit I can't even remember the last actual Mafia game I played in. I remember Survivor.

@Titus: Having conviction and being smart are equally attainable.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

So why say he's new?

15. Titus

Titus Squib

@Riley, Yes, and that is how you convince people that your target is scum. You may be forced to compromise but you lay out the god damn case to the level your listener wants.

So I ask again, what did Citrus do that made you scumread him? How is it similar?

---------- Post automerged at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

That can be a memory error. I've forgotten some people I've played with... although I've probably played with 100 by now.

16. Riley

New? Because he's new to the game? Are you really trying to turn a single word into a scumslip Citrus?

@Rubicon: I had to go to page two to find out I was last in Firefly Mafia, which happened a while ago and Moridin certainly wasn't in that one. In fact I had to go back to Battle School Mafia to find Moridin and I in a game, which I also had to replace out of. So skepticism is stupid in this instance, sorry.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Chill your beans, I was just asking. When I think there's a scumslip I explicitly say so ex: see post on Moridin

---------- Post automerged at 01:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

@Riley

In that case, what do you think now about Moridin's post?
    What do you think about Ika's opinions on it?

18. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

When did Ika address Sloth and Zeit? Do you mean during his interview? One thing that I'm confused about is why would he incriminate himself? He said:

"Zeit + Ika/Zennith + Riley + Sloth
    [Maiden/Possum coasted through D1 and could be substituted in above]"

Is it to try and pretend like it wasn't him presenting the interview? That seems stupid. If he were trying not to point the finger at his other scum, then why would he point out all of the people we suspect already? Don't get me wrong, I still think Ika is the proper lynch vote, but that is something worth thinking about.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Riley, skepticism is not stupid. Skepticism of even townreads helps determine whether or not you are on the right track and it's saved my bacon once or twice.

You keep getting overly aggressive but I do think this may be your playstyle. You just read scummy. Calling people stupid is not effective ATE at all. You need to show people why they are being stupid. You're making a lot of conclusions but giving NO meat whatsoever. I need reasons in order to be certain if you are derp town or scum. Give me something please.

20. Riley

@Titus: I laid out what I felt was necessary to lay out. There comes a point where asking for more and more evidence just feels like you're ignoring the explanation and asking why just for the sake of asking why. I gave clear points that I felt Dresden!Citrus and Gold!Citrus held in common. You as a player of the previous game can either look or not. I'm done with this bullshit. Fucking lynch me or not.