1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Diablo 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Mindless, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

Finally got around to finishing act V. Got to say I'm really looking forward to the continuation of the story if blizzard's writing level keeps stable after RoS. Been hearing some rumors regarding the next expansions story will be a multi path story with options for good, evil, and in between. It's a nice idea considering the growing powerhouse your character becomes during the story. You best the prime evil and then a juiced up former leader of the angels in battle, to say the angelic and demonic factions are getting worried about your power is an understatement. Add in the Diablo staple that power corrupts even the best of us and you have a set up for a pretty rockin next section if they go that way.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lol, i thought the story was always garbage.

3. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Well, it's not exactly a rumor when the ending blatantly asks if the character will remain good or turn evil.

That, and Tyrael's question about the city where they lost contact with....pretty sure that's where the new expansion will take.

4. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

My sader sucker-punches mobs so hard, it's amazing.

Got the Flail that makes Blessed Shield have zero cost as well as the Shield that makes Blessed ricochet 6 more times. Combined with the Shattered Throw rune for basically chain-bombing an area.

I throw that sucker into a crowd and everything freaking explodes in T3. Best part is that I'm using the Holy Cause passive where, despite having no holy damage weapon, does trigger a 1% max HP heal per target hit. One Blessed Shield can hit up to 28 times at a .66 coefficient. If I aim this sucker right, I heal 18.5% of my max HP per throw and am almost invincible.

Also have 50% area damage too, which means those shields utterly crush an area, especially when combined with Provoke-Charged Up's double dip and Judgment - Resolved's 80% crit rate boost.

5. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I need to find a good Wizard build/item set and just set out to gather it.

I've just been scrapping together any legendary I can and hoping, and it doesn't work out. I can survive Torment well enough, but it just takes forever to kill anything. =/

6. Gengar

High Score:
    On t1? o_O

And you have legendaries? Sounds like a build problem.

7. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Or wrong items. Post up your build and we'll see if we can spot any problems.

8. Evan Tide

So what're peoples' Bnet tags? I'm bored and soloing Sader isn't that fun.

I have the pretentious (Until sader released) name of Uriel#1972

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Pikachu#1576, I'm on oceanic servers though, dunno how that works

10. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shiki#2698, EU.

11. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Vir#1728, Normal server (ie, North America).

12. Evan Tide

I carried a dead barb through a T2 hellfire Evil rift in under 40s.

I face-tanked T4 hellfire rift bosses.

I can comfortably solo T4 rifts in under 15 minutes.

Fucking crusader is a boss.

EDIT: I HAVE DISCOVERED HOW TO GET 160% FIRE DAMAGE ON CRUSADER! IT MUST BE DONE!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  13. Vir

High Score:
    Why do I suck so much at this game? I can't even live through T1.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Seriously, link your builds if you're having problems.

15. Vir

High Score:
    Here's the character I use most often.

16. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Technically, my gear is better than yours (though you have more toughness, part of that is passives).

Yet I have some issues with T3. It could just be that I'm forced to waste a passive on Heavenly Strength since I haven't found any reliably good 1handers yet.

My Profile: DisasterWalk#1472

Passives and build are a little fucked up at the moment, but I was speed running a friend through rifts to Plevel him. Gotta switch out LC and Steed Charge for Akarat's and Righteousness.

Edit: Profile is now out of date, if it's still showing LC and Steed Charge or a yellow Amulet. lol.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  17. Vir

High Score:
    I have some.

18. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have a couple as well.

19. Evan Tide

Right, so my toughness is actually a LOT higher than that because passives aren't factored in on profile. I regularly stomp around with 13m.

Arguably, you're right. Your gear is "better" in that you have more legendaries and higher sheet DPS. However, your items have little to no synergy.

You're using a Holy, Lightning, and 2 physical skills but have no elemental damage boosters on them. Your main attacks are all range, yet you're using a physical builder, which forces you to tank more than normal while having to operate at lower wrath and lower average damage because of it.

You're using "too scared to run" instead of "Charged up" for provoke, especially with Provoke being stupidly strong and weird right now by multiplying all your damage by 1.5 instead of just adding 50% weapon damage.

Also, despite using 2 high CDs skills that work off lord commander, you're not using that passive either for higher up-time/more DPS.

Holy Cause passive also doesn't work for you since you have all of one melee range holy attack for its heal and your weapon isn't innate holy, so you're not even getting the damage boost.

So yeah, what looks like a decent build ends up being super janky once you dig deeper.

Swap Zeal to Justice - Burst for more synergy with lightning. Swap Holy Cause to Wrathful for better regen. Gear for more Lightning elemental damage. That'll fix most of your problems.

20. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

To be honest, the only thing that's actually good is your belt and ammy. Everything else is pretty much trash. You have very low health for the difficulty you're trying.

You need to pick up items with: int, vit, res, CHC and CD.

Helm: int, vit, CHC
    Rings: int, CHC, CD (and if you can get the int/attack speed/CHC/CD...get it)
    Chest: int, vit, 3 sockets. Anything else is a bonus
    Gloves: int, CHC, CD (bonus for having attack speed or vit)
    Boots: Your current iceclimber is decent. keep it until you find lvl 70 climbers.
    Bracers: int, vit, CHC
    Pants: int, vit, 2 sockets. Anything else is a bonus
    Wand: Has to have a large amount of int, 2k+ dps and a socket for a emerald jewel for extra CD
    Source: Your current source is good. Keep it until you find something better that has higher int, same amount of CHC and higher elemental dmg % prefixes

Bonus: Any sort of items that has high elemental % bonuses plus all other stats. They greatly increase your damage (not reflected in the character screen)

For reference, here's my wiz that can comfortably clear T2 and do T3 with some difficulty.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deluded-1546/hero/41399541