1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WiFom City: The Spirit Tunnels

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Titus, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I'm not going to post a readwall on Day 1, Sloth. I strain to think of more useless things. I can tell you what I think about most people: I haven't got a clue. I don't need a readwall to get that point across.

Your "analytical skills" have amounted to "is neutral" and "needs to post more", in other words, a whole lot of nothing, or in yet another words (since you can't possibly expect anything else in reads at this stage of the game), posting to be seen posting. As such, #14 is bad, and #32 is worse. Your post/content ratio is, to say the least, astounding. Consequently, you're up there in votes.

@Maiden: You're a Newb (/first game)?

@Caligula hasn't posted at all, and why am I the only one voting for Prophylaxis?

And Lyrium, if you have to say something, say it, but get rid of the PG-13 shit. Are you implying you asked me a question I didn't answer?

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sesc may in fact be scum.

3. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Yeah, that last post. Sesc baby can you read? Are you a Braineater since its mafia that don't need to bother reading stuff carefully? The mod graciously requested we keep it to PG 13 little guy. Questions are in post #40.

Focus on lurkers takes away from forward movement, lurkers are easy targets and they attract unnecessary attention that can't be resolved as long as they are quiet.

4. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oook then. Here are my very, very initial thoughts after having read through the pages as quickly as I could.

Fonti's playing in a way that reminds me of Titus from last game. That's not a bad thing, necessarily, just noting that that's the read I'm getting. Very assertive, very self-assured. It's towny for the moment, but my opinion on that could turn.

As a note, I agree with sesc about readwalls, but Sloth literally always done this. Doesn't come across as overly defensive to me, just doing his thing. Slight Town-read for now, definitely not joining the bandwagon yet.

Rubicon's just goading people, as usual.

I really think that lyrium's posts have been the most suspicious to me, especially now after reading the response to sesc. Overly goading, petulant, and just general scummyness.

Vote: Lyrium

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Can someone link me to any games sesc was in, preferably of multiple alignments? That said, I like post #61, and I don't understand why Rubicon and lyrium are both discrediting him (Also lyrium you're doing a lot of discrediting this game in general...)

---------- Post automerged at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

@zennith

Why are the verbs you stated about lyrium linked to scummyness?

6. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Official Vote Counter 1.3

(7 votes to lynch)

Sloth(4): fontisian, Rubicon, Citrus, Prophylaxis

Rubicon(1): Snowven

MathBlade(1): Lyrium

Prophylaxis(1): Sesc

Lyrium(1): Zennith

not voting (5): Caligula, Maiden, sloth, MathBlade

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

He does walls, but he doesn't do read walls at this stage of the game usually.

(That said, I think it's much more interesting that Sesc is attacking Sloth for making an early read wall, then that Sloth is made one.)

I'm trying to be less goad-y this game. It's a work in progress. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Lyrium

....wait is the point of this game to politely ask people to reveal they are Braineaters and then give them a hug and a cookie? Didn't think so.

Citrus, if by discredit you mean point out to holes in their arguments then def. doing that. Going to be doing that until mafia shut me down ;)

Sesc's reasoning doesn't quite make sense and he also didn't read over the game carefully which is a warning sign (Maiden tells us her game experience for example). Mafia already know alignments so they don't need to parse everything. The fact that out of everyones posts he fixated on Sloth's is interesting.

Zennith, so you and Sesc getting to know each other really well? What is mafia daychat like gnome?

Anyone can be scum. Anyone. So town!firming people at this stage. Also cases are always nice if you are town and trying to scumhunt, they kind of help people see your reasoning.

---------- Post automerged at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Rubicon, aka acid tripping hippie, I'll get to you eventually.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

From the top:
    The joke vote is safe and unhelpful, because it avoids engaging anyone in game. Mathblade is guilty of the same thing, but I doubt she would associate herself with you by voting for Titus directly after you.

Von knows what I look for in newbie town play, and is deliberately not doing it.

Anyone else reminded of the orange joke from Dresden?

The unvote without voting for someone else as a form of pressure is both self-conscious and lacking a town mentality. The Mathblade joke is also self-conscious, and shows that Sloth is very nervous about me reading him as scum. The comment on Rubicon says nothing, and is part of the reason I was considering him a possible Sloth!teammate.

This hurts me, but probably comes from town. Ew.

Don't like that Citrus felt the need to say this. The rest of the post was meh.

Maiden feels like she's lurking, which makes her potential newb!scum.

Lyrium's post 23 is better, though her reasoning is weak. Oh, and:
    Possible townslip?

Sloth's post 24 has a lot of bullshit, specifically:
    Sloth should be trying to sort out his null reads. There is no towny reason that he would be in "no hurry to figure [Lyrium] out."

Again, we have no curiosity about Mathblade’s alignment. Sloth already knows she’s town, and doesn’t want to lock himself in on a fake-scumread of her, so he had to clarify that he didn’t think she’s scum.

And more lack of curiosity. Sloth claimed that Rubicon responded exactly the way he expected which means … what exactly? It doesn’t tell him or us anything about Rubicon’s alignment.

This response misses the crux of my point against him: If he had nothing to say about Rubicon, why bring it up at all? He continues to justify his focus on Von over Rubicon, which again, has never actually been questioned.

The assertion that he’s paying more attention to Von is also suspect, as Sloth never followed up his pressure on Von.

I am ok with this.

Now this is where shit gets interesting. We have four votes on Sloth (me, Rubicon, Citrus and Proph) all of which are from good players. This means two things: 1. Sloth is probably scum. 2.Someone is probably bussing. The thing is, I'd expect a bus from Proph to be a lot more elegant. He could at least put some effort in to reap the towncred later. Citrus's post 25 read very towny, especially with the lack of certainty over putting a third vote on someone. The vote itself was a very attention grabbing move that early in the Day, that seems overly reckless for someone like Citrus. Rubicon's a possibility, and he's certainly bussed scummates early on before, but his scum reads mirror mine closely enough that I want to leave him alone for now. Of the three, I would have voted for Rubicon first, but then I woke up to Sesc's posts.

Then, why aren't you voting for a lurker?

Sloth’s readwall is notable in that it had no scumreads. He’s not voting for anyone either.

Maiden’s 34 is bad, because she’s not pressuring her scumreads, or actively engaging in the game except when specifically addressed by other people. She also has a slight defense of Sloth.

Lyrium's 40 has her town brashness.

Yo Sesc, why do you have an agenda?

Apologies for something you haven’t really been called out on make me want to lynch you.

Sloth’s flipflop on Lyrium in 54 is weird as fuck, and the response to Lyrium reeks of “I’m scum, but you don’t have a case against me.”

Von's still town. (Why don’t you follow my vote around, like a good little minion?)

Jackpot. Sesc doesn’t care about determining Sloth’s alignment; he’s just explain the reasoning behind the votes to him while trying to deflect attention onto Proph. Sesc is the scum torn between distancing from Sloth and saving his ass.

Rubicon's reading my mind.

Lyrium is still town.

More excuses for his content. The defense of Sloth kind of makes me feel better about him, at least as someone unlikely to be Sloth's scummate.

fontisian
    Lyrium
    Snowvon

Citrus
    Rubicon

Prophylaxis
    MathBlade

Caligula
    Zennith

Maiden
    Sesc
    Sloth

Mathblade and Proph jump a bit if Sloth is scum, and Zennith drops if Sloth’s town.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I am town. Why would that hurt you? :(

The town seems to want to vote for an active player. The voting for a lurker idea was questioned in the thread previously, so the last thing I want to do is antagonize town by voting for a lurker. If I did vote it would be for Caligula but since that won't be a lynch due to others and I want to see where this Sloth and/or Sesc train goes because I may hop on for a stop. Some of Lyrium's and your posts especially are convincing. When I vote I want it to be because I'm convinced if at all possible. If not possible I just want to have as little chance of regret over my vote.

---------- Post automerged at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

And thank you Lyrium. *Insert blush emoticon here*

11. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fonti, I was called out in several posts for having said nothing... which is why I posted that? How is it scummy to note that I didn't post for the first day and a half because of RL issues?

Rubicon, maybe not so early with the reads, when it comes to Sloth, but it isn't all that suspicious, IMO, because it's at least seemed somewhat sound and reasoned argument.

12. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

@Rubicon
    …Are you serious?
    I already explained this, Rubicon. You know not to make me repeat myself from last game.
    Last time: 100% of my first post and 60% of the second one was just me trolling to pass the time until the game picked up. Yes, yes, it wasn’t serious and you know that, so why does that make unvoting it weird? What sort of scum mentality are you going for there?
    …And yep. I unvoted to show I wasn’t bandwagoning the Mod. Of course that’s what I did./sarcasm

The reason I haven’t voted, you already know as well: I vote when I feel relatively certain, and only then. I give no fucks what it looks like to others who I place my vote on, or how it looks like to others if I haven’t voted. I vote when I decide to, and on no one’s schedule.
    I don’t feel certain of anyone in particular yet, though the biggest is Prophy. I’ll probably vote on him if he doesn’t post again soon, or if he does and it’s not a good answer.

First of all, this quote is in response to a post of mine where I explained what I explained above, meaning you read it and yet you still choose to make a case about the ‘unvote bandwaggon’ bit. Why did you do that?

Anyway, at the time, she had just played along with my Titus joke. She hadn’t done anything scummy (not that I was calling her Town or anything remotely close).
    Now she’s somewhat confusing to me, with her lurking theory. Yes, Scum will likely lurk, but there’s generally one that gets involved in the game from the start to blend in with Town, and she seems to try to steer away from that.
    I’m wary because last game she played the ‘derp nuke’ to help Town and I’m wondering if she’s doing the same thing here, though it seems really unlikely.

Because he was new as far as I could tell and I wanted to give him the chance to explain. I more or less let Irdium by the same way until about a day into D1 last game.

This one actually makes me laugh a little.

--

@Snowvon
    Each dead Townie can use Protect successfully once per game, we don’t need two to use it once. Also, the Protection is useless N1 because logically there are no dead Scums protect against and it doesn’t shield against NKs. Otherwise, correct.

Why are Tish and Lyrium reading as Town to you?

Go to Little Italy, and find the game thread (don’t click on it). On its row, there’s a link with the number of Replies, click on that, and you’ll see everyone who’s posted and how many times each one has. Click on their number of posts to see them individually.

--

@Lyrium
    I’m not against putting pressure on him, but this reason, which was your only reason before he gave a more detailed post, is ridiculous.

What the hell is a gnome?
    Like I said, it’s not supposed to be useful to you. It’s supposed to be useful to me.
    It’s very useful to me to see how you word certain people without the idea of what I’m actually looking for, and in this game of nothing, seeing who you label what is important both ways. It’s also important if you refuse, and how you refuse it (See Sesc).
    But fine, more specific: Between Rubicon, Fonti, Citrus and Prophy, who’s scummier to you?

I…really hope you only mean her when you say it reminds you of Titus/ika. I’ve tried to address what she says and she mostly ignores me.

--

@Sesc
    Indeed, there’s not much to expect at this point, not much to read, as everyone keeps pointing out, yet despite that, there’s still a strong wagon against me mine, without any real reason. No matter how many times I point out how weak it is, it’s still there.
    So it’s either roll over or scumhunt the best I can and find an actual target.
    And that’s what I’m doing.
    Not even bothering addressing what you said on #14, read what I told Rubicon if you’re curious.
    You’re welcome to point out anything I said that wasn’t me trying to make sense of things and I’ll tell you how you’re wrong.

Also, read the thread more closely.

--

@Zennith
    Why is that a scumtell to you?
    If anything, it’s pretty much how she acted during the first half of Avatar, not at all her Dresden play, in which she was scum. With you. How can you not remember that?

--

@Tish
    …Bloody hell, is this going to be a regular thing for you?

…I am not addressing this again. Refer to the Rubicon section of this post.
    “Safe and unhelpful” makes no sense when it was the first post of the game. Are you expecting me to do an awesome pro-Town move at this point?
    “Avoids engaging anyone in game” is the most…frankly baffling is the only word I can think off that’s PG-13. There was no one to engage. It was the first post. I was opening up casual conversation.

…ok, stop.

You need to stop using the Titus thing as a relevant part of the game. I can’t believe anyone still is. Your ‘unvote because pressure’ argument relies on that vote being capable of anything in the first place, it was a joke vote on the mod and by its nature nothing on it can be pressure. I’m trying to be polite here, but do you realize what you sound like with that argument?

The worst part is the bit about me being nervous about you reading me. Aside from being ridiculously egocentric…Fonti, for the love of God, THINK.
    Why would I be intimidated in the slightest by your ability in this game? If we learned anything from our last game together, is that when it comes to me, your reads are useless. What do I have to fear from you?
    The reason I brought up the Mathblade joke is to remind you of what happened last time you did this. I was trying to open your eyes so you wouldn’t look bad later.
    But whatever, obviously, you’re just going to say I’m doubtcasting you. I guess we’ll see post-game, hm?

Out of context: This would be the same post where I explained how I thought figuring out Snowvon was more pressing than pressuring Rubicon (and, by that logic, Lyrium).

Additionally, I play the long game. I am trying to figure out my reads, but I’m not in a hurry to do so. Aside from it being D1, this is not a game of speed, and if you think it is, you’re playing it wrong.

Same goes for Mathblade (even tohugh, you know, I gave a read on what I see on her already). And Rubicon, I’m not sure what confused you about me trying to get him to be more involved, and my statements that one in my wagon is scum. (i.e. possibly him.)

This one is yet another example of you either being obtuse or feigning misunderstanding.
    Obviously I brought it up because I wanted him to be more assertive in the game, which I had already answered. I added the Snow thing because of what you followed up to that answer: Saying it was strange that I mentioned him at all. I was explaining why I didn’t.
    Shall I use smaller words?

That would be because he answered my questions?

I don’t understand why people keep saying this, when I’ve saying 1 of the 4 on my wagon has to be scum, and that I’ve tentatively narrowed it down to Prophy and Rubi.

Why is that, again? I explained why she was seeming scum now.

Keep trying, maybe eventually you’ll get lucky. /rolls eyes.

--

Anyway, I likely won’t be around till tomorrow, so, happy easter all.

---------- Post automerged at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

...Prophy, I saw you earlier, looking at the thread for a good hour.

Lynch vote: Prophylaxis

Why haven't you addressed anything brought up against you?

13. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

Yet, another epic Fonti/Sloth showdown. Once again, it befuddles me.

@Sloth: After all of this, do you think that Fonti is scum, or do you think that she is simply misreading you?

---------- Post automerged at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

@Citrus: What do you think about Zennith and Lyrium?

I'm not sure what to make of this bandwagon situation. Last game, the same thing happened with Rubicon, and if I'm not mistaken, everyone turned out to be town. This time, I doubt it's like that.

@Prophy: What are your reads? Who seems most town to you? Who seems to be the scummiest?

Has anyone seen Caligula online?

14. fontisian

It really wasn't that bad. The continued apologies in your next post ("Here are my very, very initial thoughts after having read through the pages as quickly as I could.") which excused any poor reads you might have, were worse.

Only when you're scum.;)

In short, yes. You should have asked a question, voted randomly, literally done anything to push the game forward. But you haven't been. It's all defense. You say you're suspicious of the people voting for you, but it took you over 24 hours to put a serious vote down. You aren't analyzing except to defend yourself, you aren't scumhunting, and you aren't even looking for townreads except as a way to dismiss my suspicion of you as inane ramblings.

Everything you do in the game is relevant, whether you like it or not. Your first two posts, where you placed a joke vote on someone outside the game, then rescinded when it was questioned without putting a vote elsewhere, and said a bunch of words without actually analyzing anything, were scummy as fuck.

It's not the fear of me scumreading you, it's the fear of me leading a lynch on you, especially when other people start backing me up. You know I'm capable of pushing lynches on suspicious people.

You know what bothers me the most about this? You haven't considered that I might be scum deliberately imitating my tunnel on you from the last game in order to look consistent. Instead you've just called my tunnel usual town behavior for me and have attacked my ability to scumhunting instead of my motives. Where's the towny paranoia, Sloth?

What did you get out of Rubicon's reaction? What did it tell you about his alignment? Everything you've posted up to this point has said "nothing."

First off, yes, for me this is a game of speed. There are fair odds that I'll get shot early on. The faster I can solve the game, the more I can give town to work with before I die.

Point me to where you've tried to figure out your reads before this last post, because I'm not seeing it.

Let's try this. Tell me how "Snowvon's the new guy, and the one with the unexplained vote (a move with has no precedence for him, see 'new'), so I'm poking him for an idea of his way of thinking," answers the question "What's the point of talking about Rubicon's "Hello everyone" if you have nothing to say about it?" and maybe I'll believe you aren't bullshitting me.

And again, what did you get out of his answers?

It might be because it took you over a day to pressure them and put a vote down.

You called her null and townish is the same post. If you didn't think Lyrium was townish at that point, you should have picked another person to answer her question.

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Von, do something interesting.

15. Lyrium

Last time Caligula logged in was 4/3/2014 so unless mods know something I don't...we may need a replacement?

Fontisian, the false premise of your argument is throwing me off. The first two posts were joke posts or at least I'm having trouble fathoming how a vote on the mod, as a way to tease, would help in any way.

At any rate, I don't feel as strongly about Sloth. Here are some people, low on content and brain matter, who I'd rather lynch toDay:

Zennith - are you trying to get better at this game or are you just happy to stick your head in the sand?

Snowvon - new and hasn't done much so disposable.

In the other category:

Caligula - as a town player is usually cautious and doesn't post much so that isn't entirely abnormal. P.S. Cali, come on your good at games of wit...

More to follow, hey townies there's about 28 hours left in the first day. Try contributing to the game or hang yourself.

Vote: Maiden

Why don't you tell me why?

16. fontisian

What false premise? Sloth made a joke and then continued that joke in a selfconscious way instead of scumhunting.

(Were not lynching Von.)

17. Lyrium

Prophylaxis, dude I'm really trying not to go there but you need to get in here.

Sesc and Zennith, work out your bromance and explain why one or both of you shouldn't die.

Fonti, your reads were a bit messy last game. Is it possible that your missing something?

Also, you do know that as town there is no way in utter hell you should be against lynching anyone? Like at this point, anyone in this game including me could get lynched and I'd be pretty sure that it was good.

Sloth, you've got some work to work with....give us a pretty rainbow thing like Fonti did.

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

P.S. Snowvon, talk talk talk little purple bouncy cloud.

18. fontisian

I caught ika and Zeit after being in the game for a Day. Blab was dropping in my reads, and my town read on Titus was solely because I had no interest in hunting third parties before the mafia team was wiped out. How exactly were my reads "messy"?

I will not lynch my strong town reads unless it is absolutely necessary to prevent a no lynch, because you guys are most likely town. It's that simple.

19. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Commencing catchup.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was on my phone the last few hours, trying to keep up with the thread so I wouldn't have to read everything at once later. Apologies, excuses, etc. moving on.

@Sloth: Yesss thank you.

Fonti's town because I don't want her to be scum. People seem to have a really difficult time reading her and I'm certainly no exception. For the first Day at least, I'm going to let her be town.

With Lyrium it's just a feeling.

My reads suck soggy hot dogs so I'll go back and look for actual points I can make.

If I didn't already know it's usual for you to throw down posts long enough to tickle the edge of the universe I'd probably think you were scum trying to overcompensate in participation.

I will hug you when you least expect it. Also please be town so I can be right about you and Rubicon.

I like you.