1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WiFom City: The Spirit Tunnels

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Titus, Apr 19, 2014.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, all three of my scum suspects are voting for Proph now. That kind of bizarre.

Citrus: ? That question was addressed to Rubicon.

2. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

It's a simple matter of statistics. With 12 players in this game, there's a high chance that with 4 players on a bandwagon, one of them is scum.

I'm not 100% on Sloth, which is why I asked Zennith for his thoughts.

3. fontisian

Hey, remember that number's thing that linked ika and Zeit in the last game? Guess how many times Sloth's name popped up in Maiden's readwall.

6 times. The next closest person was Rubicon, at three.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Why my vote is sticking where it is 101:

I don't like this. Something about me rubs me the wrong way. It sounds like you're asking people if he's scummy enough to pressure? I don't know, my brain is telling me I don't remember previous behavior/attitudes like this before.

This does not help your case, for the point more than the fact you're talking to/about Font.

Also super defensive what, and it strongly sounds to me like you're talking about Snow more to show you're "scumhunting" than that you're interested in the idea at all. I didn't see that comment towards Snow as pressure at all, and so when you cite later it was you pressuring that sounded like hasty changing things to look better in hindsight. Post #24 cites it as prodding.

Post #32:
    Reads everyone as neutral except Lyrium as leaning town (meta). Also what I think is VERY suspicious about this post is that you give actual alignment reads for the players that have posted and haven't voted you "neutral" "leaning X", and for the players that have voted you you have said "strange" and "suspicious." Sounds like you want to imply they're scum with the ability to cop out later by not having it said solidly. AKA everyone who votes me is wrong but I have no reads for anyone to hold me to. Also you don't like the speed of the wagon? You yourself implied what you did was scummy by saying Font not doing so is a towntell, why are you surprised you have to address this? Same thing happened to Rubicon last game, except he was town and it showed.

Post #54

So you "demote" Lyrium for doing something similar to your opening post? And still surprised at your wagon? And then you once again literally only soft-accuse those that have voted you. It's a shame there's no previous game of scum for you because I would use that to figure out if this behavior is typical scumhavior for you, your loss.

Also, you tell me I can't use meta? When you used meta to clear Lyrium? And if I say you're posting differently from something I picked up on while you're town, that doesn't count as meta? Here's your case, have fun getting rekt.

"This is seeming more and more like Random Lynching."

Post #72:
    So what, you think it's better to no lynch today? You're leading without focusing discussion in on anything except yourself and how everyone's wasting time, yet you've made the day all about you. You won't vote unless you're sure, and yet you'll probably just toss a vote later all willy nilly? So what, it's not useful for pressure at all? Also calling Font egocentric when you're doing the same thing? Then the auto-merge - oh hey look, you're pressuring Proph with your vote.

Post #82:

There's a difference between doubting the wagon for the players and doubting the wagon for the analysis. You're not scumhunting because you're doing the second without the first. And it doesn't take much for you to read other players/actually scumhunt at the same time. Guilty conscience of accusing someone as scum without directly saying it with the percentage point? Also this isn't entirely relevant, but it's confidence in your appearance to others in this particular game, not confidence in your ability to play mafia. Also why no reference to me hear considering how you were soft accusing me a number of times and I haven't really posted much in the past page or so?

Yeah, no. Nope my vote is not moving. You're playing most cards in the book on trying to make our pressure look bad without calling us scum (us as in the group of me/Font/Rubicon).

I'm wondering if you are trying to avoid accusing Rubicon because you guys are scummates and you think you will survive/can't justify it with me and Font always grouped together. Also helps Rubicon blend from your perspective as new scum, because you're interacting with him while also distancing + grouping him with town.

@Sloth

Why do we pressure scum? What is the purpose in doing so? How does doing so with words help? Why do you think pressure is stronger when only one player does it vs. multiple players? Post #24 implies you think Font can pressure Lyrium strongly enough - so you trust him to do that as town and yet you think what, he just always misreads you? What do you think the Protection power is ACTUALLY useful for?

I'm wary of Lyrium, but I'm liking a scumteam of:

Sloth + Rubicon + Maiden

And moderate town reads for:

Font + Sesc

I need to deep read the other two's posts first though.

Fake edit: I like post #100, it may slightly change my opinion on Maiden and it may not, but I need to reread in light of that point and see how I feel

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Yeah I know, I was just responding to the first half but too lazy to cut out the second half

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Soft apology for a readwall without quote boxes, quote boxes make me much happier but it was unreasonable to quote Sloth's larger posts inside an already huge post

---------- Post automerged at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Actually to make the point poignant:

Vote: Sloth

Also I wanted to automerge one final time (unless I get ninja'd).

Looking forward to your responses Sloth. I'm taking a break than reading the thread for any questions for me/will spend what extra time I have for more analysis

---------- Post automerged at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

That bold requirement though

5. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

First off, I'm sorry to hear about your car wreck. :(

The reason I did a readwall is because, I like readwalls. It helps me organize my thoughts, think about the game in-depth, and try to spot any scum-tells or inconsistencies.

At that point, Citrus had barely posted, so I felt he was null, until he posts some more. (And he still hasn't too much. What are your thoughts, Citrus?)
    Lyrium has more posts, but not all of what she's saying is helpful. It feels more like fluff and fake productivity, hence the slight-scum read.

I said that I don't know what to make of the bandwagon situation, because I straight up DON'T KNOW. Call it what you want. >.<;

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

And...what, exactly?

6. fontisian

Interesting thing about Maiden's posts in general actually: They always address Sloth.

Exceptions: Post 29 (which answered Lyrium's question) and Post 96 (also a short answer to Lyrium)

7. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Can mods do a time and vote update? Does day end today or tomorrow at 2:14AM EST?

The major issue I see with Sloth right now that the focus on him is taking away from scumhunting. If he needs to be lynched for town to move forward, so be it.

Just in general, I feel that players who keep bringing up RL should hush. One time..meh..okay but after that keep it to yourself. Past two games scum abused RL excuses pretty heavily so unaffected other then annoyance to it this game.

Maiden why vote on Prophylaxis? Can you answer the questions posed by Sesc to you in his last post? Voting someone almost in retaliation seems iffy.

What do you make of Zennith's posts so far? You keep calling out people for stuff you're doing yourself which is interesting.

Sloth, as a townie, if you're lynched who do you think is worth protecting? Who would you blackmail if you were in fact a scum? Maiden can you answer the same?

Fonti, yeah that's what I mean about clustering.

8. fontisian

Titus/ika: Are people targeted by the Status Protectors informed of that protection?

9. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

-SNIP-

@Fonti: ...OMG. Really? I'm sorry, but that is just stupid. If you go back through my posts and read them again, I'm not even talking about Sloth. I'm more or less talking about the bandwagon formed on him between you, Rubicon, Prophy, and Citrus.

10. fontisian

Funny, none of their names or my own come up nearly as often as Sloth's.

11. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

@Sesc: Sorry about the carwreck. If you were hurt get better soon please.

@Sloth: Based on what I am reading I am seeing a lot of good arguments to vote to lynch you. More so than my lynch a lurker theory. Thanks for opening my eyes.

Sorry for short post on the phone. Will have to stick with short posts today probably until this evening.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Ouch. Feel better.

That's pretty much what I'm feeling.

Honest answer: I don't know.

Well it's either feel horribly inadequate and post nothing, or make an attempt to post something that isn't horribly useless but probably ends up being so anyways. I was asked directly (by multiple people) for a readwall so I did it, and now I really wish I hadn't. Reading over it again is making me cringe.

If it weren't for the wagon on Sloth I'd think they're both town. I don't want to sheep and vote for Sloth just because a lot of other people are doing it, but on the other hand a lot of people are doing it so maybe it's the right choice? Even if I read through his posts again and make my own decision it's going to look like one or the other.

Right now I think a lot of people are town without any legitimate reason behind it. Fonti's not an exception.

I was already voting for Rubicon, who happened to be voting for Sloth, and I was going to leave it at that but he switched his vote.

Vote: Sloth because lame.

I don't feel like he was putting any pressure on me at all and he seemed too quickly satisfied with my answers. I thought for sure I'd get prodded more, especially since I'm being more or less useless right now.

How much time is left in the Day? Until around 2 AM EST?

13. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

Taking your questions one at a time:

He was one of the people bandwagoning, and he gave no real reasons behind it. In what way am I 'voting in retaliation'?
    ...I already answered Sesc's questions.

About Zennith: He's posted about 3 times, one of which was to tell us that he's arrived and is catching up. In #64, he posted thoughts/reads on a few people. He said he's 'not joining the bandwagon just yet' which reads slightly scummy to me. Otherwise, nothing of note.

I still think Fonti would be worth protecting, as she's a pretty strong town-read, for me. As for blackmailing if I were scum, I'd blackmail Prophy.

---------- Post automerged at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

There's a rather large bandwagon forming around him, the two of you are arguing like crazy, and you expect me to not post about it? That doesn't make sense to me.

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

ATTENTION

Sloth is now at L-1.

(7 votes to lynch)

Sloth(6): fontisian, Citrus, Prophylaxis, Maiden, MathBlade, Snowvon
    Maiden(2): Lyrium, Rubicon
    Prophylaxis(2): Sesc, Sloth
    not voting (2): Caligula, Zennith

15. Lyrium

Fonti, take your vote off him please.

Just to avoid a quick hammer.

16. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

Rubicon, I voted for Prophy.

---------- Post automerged at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

I'm confused, why did Rubicon make you change your vote?
    Also, unless I'm reading it wrong, D1 ends at midnight tonight.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You mentioned that someone on the Sloth bandwagon was probably scum, and I decided to go with that. Rubicon was voting for Sloth and I already had my vote on him, so I was just going to leave it. But then he switched over to Maiden. No one else is voting for Rubicon, so I changed my vote so as to not waste it.

18. fontisian

Do you think that you brought Sloth up more than was reasonable, even with the wagon on him, compared to amount of focus you put on other people in the game?

19. Lyrium

The thing I'm thinking is this:

Sloth = scum. He dies, he's a decent player and will blackmail a townie in a way that messes with us.
    - One of the players on his bandwagon is scum\bussing him
    - None of the players on his bandwagon are scum

Sloth = town. He dies, he's a decent player and we lose someone who can think well and see past deceptions. He gets to protect one target over the course of the game.
    - One or more of the players on his bandwagon are scum
    - None of the players on his bandwagon are scum

We won't know in either situation until a while later. It seems like we could have a better target.

The closest way to confirm a town player is NK and that has at least one possible way to circumvent.

There are people who are "red" in my mind but fucking psuedoscience is what we're working with so its whatever.

Citrus, your posts have a feeling that I'd describe as "careful, too clean." I'm not sure how to explain beyond that but I'd like to see more from you.

Snowvon, my approach is everyone is scum until proven innocent without doubt.

20. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Vote count

(7 votes to lynch)

Sloth(5): fontisian, Citrus, Prophylaxis, MathBlade, Snowven

Maiden(1): Lyrium, Rubicon

Prophylaxis(3): Sesc, Sloth, Maiden

Lyrium(1): Zennith

not voting (1): Caligula

@post 108: The role doesn't say that they are informed, therefor I am going to say no, they are not informed

Day end link is in second post. I rounded the time for convenence.

---------- Post automerged at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

I have been at work so that is why on the lack of vote counts. On break :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014