1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

As of post #102.

Someone needs to stickify this thread.

Anyway, Cinco de Mayo, mofos, do you speak it?

RILEY, vote count?

--
    @Atum
    4 posts, all of them pointless. 3 of them revolved around ika’s crusade and not a single word extended otherwise – seems to be keeping the game revolved around him.

Other people have posted. A lot. You should have something, yet there’s not a single interaction outside of ika and one off-handed with Lyrium.
    What are your thoughts so far? Who is scummiest? Who is towniest? Why?

--
    @Rubicon
    The first initial posts make me suspicious – he’s done it before in a slightly different way on B&T, and it’s basically a carbon-copy of what I did on WIFOM, so he might be using it to subconsciously get the idea he’s Town in people’s minds.
    Repeat strategies always have that undercurrent in my eyes: Used again without pointing it out in order to flare up people’s memories.

Do you have any new reads?

--
    @TerRaine
    I seriously can’t believe I’m the first one that’s bringing up how apologetic 50% of her posts are.
    First to bring up my lack of posting, which strikes me as odd given that she knows what I was doing tonight (for those unaware, we know each other outside DLP), so she had no reason to question it other than seem Townish.

She’s mostly playing how I expected, so I’m not placing her as Scummish either.
    Ter, response to this?
    Also, standard reads request if you have any.

--
    @Maiden
    For the love of…keep it in your pants, Fonti’s not even in this game. Over half your posts should not revolve around your flirting.
    I wonder when Mathblade will show up to flirt with Lyrium.
    Also in what way does a branch kills a werewolf? (Not relevant, just made me do a double-take)

You’re also asking some…pretty strange questions. It should be obvious what the colors mean. Why don’t you tell us?
    What do you think of ika’s attitude this game?

--
    @Lyrium
    It wasn’t specifically for you, but it’s something you should keep in mind. Aside from this being a beginner game, you’re more than welcome to grill players and swear, but calling them stupid, or personally insulting them, especially when they flat-out ask you not to, doesn’t make you a hardass good player.

Let’s look at your questions – all of them. These two, the one about what you’d do with a dead werewolf, urges to howl, sups, asking Snowvon/Maiden to ask questions (when Maiden had asked one of the few relevant questions so far), is this their first game (when it was talked about in the sign-up thread, what’s majority (seriously?).

Your questions are pointless. You usually have pointless babble and questions in your play, but there’s always an easily recognizable nugget of gold within. You have none this time. You’re just going through the motions. Why is that?

… (snort) Scumminess by STD.

--
    @Dermon
    Let’s stop talking about Tish. Tell me what your reads or thoughts are so far.
    You have more posts than the 5 before you currently, and less content in them than anyone.

--
    @Burkion
    Well, look who’s more involved this time around. Not too much to say though.
    Randomness, feigned indecisiveness, melodrama, general pointlessness.

I really hope you have something more relevant to say now that I’m here and you have to look at other people, otherwise it doesn’t look good for you. I’m waiting.

--
    @Snowvon
    There’s something…off about you asking for Tish’s reaction to my wagon. Like you’re rubbing it on her face that she tried to lynch me twice in a row as Town and you’re pulling it off as Scum. Or not, not sure what to make of it, but it raised alarms.

Very pushy towards that wagon, actually. Why?

--
    @Ika
    Holy hell, how do you have the most posts by a wide margin? You’re not usually this active, what’s going on, ika?
    Some of his earlier posts are more productive, but he derails quickly afterwards…

Ugh, Ika’s on full-on random mode. He’s probably Town for now, given his very first posts, but until I get a stronger gut feel, he could be scum.

…Gross. Also, mildly condescending, which raises some alarms as I don’t recall ika doing so as Town.

--

…Did no one see my clear, stated desire in WIFOM to not be scum in the beginner game? I want to be scum, just not here, when none of the strong players are playing.

And where is Citrus? He needs to post soon, along with everyone else that hasn’t yet.

Questions for the players:
    Do you have a mentor?
    If you do, who is it?
    I’m currently mentorless, by choice. I assume Rubicon and ika are the same, but feel free to correct me.

Also, unless I’m mistaken, ika and snow have claimed Villager #1 & #2, respectively, right?

One of the people on my wagon of complete and TOTAL randomness is probably Scum, given that they all go into it saying there’s no reason, and in a game of newbies, is probably trying to blend in while hoping for an early mislynch.
    Probably not ika, which leaves {Snowvon, Burkion, TerRaine}.
    Scratching Snow for now, his pushing was too obvious, and he’s smarter than this.
    Ter is definitely smarter than it – jumping on a wagon like that, to look like bussing. Might be wrong, but for now seems unlikely.
    Which leaves Burkion, which…yep. Makes sense given his personality and penchant for chaotic thinking, plus what I pointed out above.
    So, for now, tentative Burkion/Lyrium scumteam.

VOTE: LYRIUM

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Reading new posts.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Your position with respect to the Sloth wagon -- possible defense of a buddy or defense of a stronger player you know will turn out to be town (because you're scum).

I asked you to vote to see who you would vote. I figure it's Burkion but you don't want to actually commit to it yet for some reason (?).

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

<B>Unvote </B>

Welcome Sloth!

---------- Post automerged at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 ----------

Stupid formatting *sigh* I love me some html sometimes sorry!

Unvote

4. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

unvote

vote rubicon

sloth is town, we can move on

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Finally.

@Sloth: I wanted to know her reaction because she has the best reactions. I'm not rubbing anything in her face. The fact that a wagon sprung up on you isn't my victory to claim, it's ika's.

Also I made it clear multiple times I'd unvote once you posted.

Vote: Rubicon

6. Sloth

Hm. Higher scumread on atum's defensiveneess in#113 & #114

---------- Post automerged at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Hm. Ika, explain why I'm now Town.

Beware the Rubicon lynch wagon, he's a strong player and the evidence against him is not the strongest we have yet.

Also,
    This is an important question.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

polishes silver dart

You are correct.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

LOL I flirt privately or in QT and only if wanted... It distracts town to flirt here. But if flirting ever helps town I won't say no. As cool as it would be...But someone mentioning a boob grab is too hard to pass up. That being said your Lyrium arguments I was thinking something like that in my prior read post.

I want to get a little more to be sure.

@Thread discussing Rubicon/Ika Lots there seems off as well.

9. Rubicon

(2) Rubicon - Snowvon, ika (page 1 wagon)
    (6) Sloth - ika, Snowvon, Burkion, TerRaine, Rubicon, MathBlade
    (2) Rubicon - ika, Snowvon (current wagon)

ika and Snowvon are voting as a bloc. Or, looking at the second two wagons, Snowvon is following ika's vote.

MathBlade, ika, Snowvon: Please explain what you liked about Sloth's last post. I didn't like it at all, probably because I read it.

^ particularly bad: As in, you were never actually interested in judging Sloth's alignment by what he posted.

Please walk me through why you asked this.

What do you mean by 'to look like bussing'?

What did you like about his early posts?

Reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy. :?

---------- Post automerged at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Oh god damn it, I just realized something kind of important. Bleh.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Sloth, please do NOT answer any of the previous questions yet.

10. Sloth

...I just WROTE the th--damnit, Rubicon.

11. ika

Does anyone else find the game is currently broken?

12. Rubicon

Pretty much.

13. Sloth

Fine. In the meantime:

@Rubicon
    …Yes? =3
    (Seriously, was there a question there? XD)

--

@Mathblade
    Elaborate on these--in what way has ika been lurking? He's the most active player right now.
    As for Dermon, what strategy do you mean?

--

@Snowvon
    Indeed. Are you going to answer? I’m waiting.
    Same with you, ika.

14. ika

and what i mean by that is that town can solve the game right here right now?

---------- Post automerged at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Sloth, do you understand that we need to reset and reroll this game right now?

rubi seems to have figured it out

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeap. I'm ready to break it, are you?

16. Rubicon

Yeah, pretty much.

Damn it Riley.

---------- Post automerged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 PM ----------

re-roll is probably better than breaking.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Or I guess I could settle for a reroll

18. ika

Should we break it or inform our host?

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am so confused.

What.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It's not even 50% into the day anyways (also you guys need to stop dominating the thread jesus christ)