1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Do eeet. Be the assertive Dermon.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

No. Did you ask that because of post #291 or otherwise?

---------- Post automerged at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

What does the plus mean next to names that are viewing the thread?

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

It means they're on your friends list I believe.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Ohhh cool, thanks Riley!

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Time to upgrade everyone to a +. <3

6. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:colbert:

:sherlock:

[​IMG]

:awesome

7. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

@Lochness
    Wait, I thought you were one of the newbies that had never played before?
    Regardless, though, what was weird to me was that you felt the need to defend yourself when no one had asked you to. It didn't come off as a courtesy, it came off as an excuse.
    I've heard countless times that being apologetic is a scumtell, and while I don't agree with absolutes, this time it felt weird and out of nowhere, even more as a blank slate.
    Also, despite your claim that that would change this Day, you've only given 2 posts and really given any reads. Like, at all.

--
    @Rubicon
    Because it's pointing out a possible error unnecessarily. If he's scum, the more time that passes where we don't lynch one, the more this could come back to bite him, even if thought as Town for now.

I called you out as trolling because that's what you've done at first every game that we've played--B&T, WIFOM, even this one before it got rebooted. Why should I have expected any different when your first action was literally to place a vote on the idea of "pester pester pester"?
    Citrus' vote on ika was odd. I saw no reason for it other than to follow your lead, which seemed scummy but unlike something Citrus would do. And then the dermon bit happened, and I decided I find him more Townish than scum.
    As for ika, I've always had that policy to just say 'he's ika' until I have more info or gut-feelings to work off of. I approached him as such in past games with him, and flat-out stated that's how I deal with him on IRC.

I can't do anything about the vibes you get. You already know how I appreach flip-on-deaths, so have at it.

Also, you like her vote? No other reads?
    ...Yes there is. Seriously, you're acting like Prophy last game by doing that.
    But fine, will you answer after she's replied?

--
    @Citrus
    QUOTE=Citrus;720993]@riley

Good thing we re rolled before I tried to meta you then :p[/QUOTE]^

--
    @Lyrium
    ...So, wait, what? Now you want the newbies that don't know what they're doing to answer?

Lyrium, you haven't voted yet, so despite what you're prodding, I don't know who your scumreads are. Walk me through them and explain why.

...That... ...Wow.
    Very dirty. This is why people might think you're flirting with them.
    (Tunnel me baby, make me howl~)

--
    @Dermon
    Isn't your vote currently nowhere? Why don't you do it then?

--
    ...Guys, seriously?
    We have two werewolves. It's confirmed. Am I seriously the only one that was approaching all of yesterday hunting for two scum?
    So yes:
    D1: 11 vs 2
    D2: ML+NK = 9 vs 2
    D3: ML+NK = 7 vs 2
    D4: ML+NK = 5 vs 2
    D5: ML+NK = 3 vs 2
    D6: ML+NK = 1 vs 2

Riley, why did my vote not count? It's in yellow.

Anyway, for now I'm comfortable with my vote where it is.

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Ika...don't do meme posts. -__-
    Please. They're annoying.

Actually contribute, or one of us won't make it through D1. That's not a threat, I'm perfectly fine with it being me so long as it means I don't have to deal with it.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Lyrium's words make my heart dance.

9. Sloth

Hey Snow. Welcome to my friend's list. We have wine. And hookers.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

In fact...

---------- Post automerged at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 17:21 ----------

Condoning underage drinking is so scummy, Sloth, you're not even trying.

11. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Vote Count:

Ika (1) - Citrus
    Citrus (1) - LochNess
    Sloth (2) - ika, Snowvon
    Lyrium (1) - Rubicon
    LochNess (1) - Sloth

13 alive, 7 to lynch. No soft lynches.

Day Ends at this time.

@Sloth:Sorry, I honestly didn't see it.

No other changes as of yet

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  12. Sloth

ANNOUNCEMENT: Burk's in the hospital again, due to family issues. It's private, but needless to say, he'll be MIA for a few hours. He'll be back before Day's end.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

:( best wishes hope everything is alright.

I'm fairly happy with the progress so far considering we're 5 hours in

---------- Post automerged at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Snowvon your sig lol...

14. Sloth

He's ok, that's all I'll say. The rest he'll share if he wants to.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

TerRaine, would you mind giving me reads on Rubicon and Dermon? You can ignore my previous question since Maiden ninja'd it ^^

---------- Post automerged at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

All you need to, but best wishes/prayers that everything is ok

16. ika

:colbert: :|

17. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Okay, analysis so far:

ika is trying to imitate his play from before the re-roll. The difference is that he was actively scumhunting and analyzing the game last time, like when he pointed out that I was avoiding questions and when he called out Lyrium as a possible suspect for refusing to vote Sloth. This time, he's doing the wagoning and the colored read walls because he thinks it would look weird for him not to, but he's missing the analysis. Instead of scumhunting we're getting memes.

Sloth's last post is an improvement, but probably nothing he couldn't fake. IGMEOY.

I'm happy to see LochNess playing again and glad she can be active. I don't think her first couple posts about being active mean anything in either direction. More interesting is Sloth pushing her, TerRaine agreeing with him and jumping in on the pressure, Dermon arguing against it - this looks worst for TerRaine imo.

Snowvon is a very slight town-read for his analysis in #293. Lyrium is a very, very slight town-read for sounding the same as WIFOM and Brass & Tax and actually scumhunting.

Tentative town-read on Dermon for his response to my question earlier and the fact that he's asking people what they think of me.

Maiden is not pinging me the way she did in her last two scum games so far. I'm picking up on a possible town tell but I don't want to talk about it until I see if it's just a one-off statement or a pattern of behavior.

Citrus could easily be scum. I'm going to need to look into this more to figure out what's making me think that. He feels different from last game (and last round) and the scumhunting he's doing here is exactly like the scumhunting he does in IRC mafia as scum. I could see "they should have daychat at least" as something he's been pissed about in his QT and decided to put here to make himself sound town.

Atum, MathBlade, Burkion have not posted content yet.

Vote: ika

18. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

1) Mafia experience is nil here besides obs on WIFOM. I've played a few short games elsewhere though.

2) Probably most concerned about Rubicon as a werewolf, mostly because I'd probably be hesitant to lynch him without some firm evidence and I haven't seen much of that around so far.

3) @ika You said your vote on Sloth was comfortable a while ago, any particular reason?

And @Sloth Is there anything that doesn't make you suspicious about someone?

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't follow this reasoning. Are you assuming a connection with Dermon?

Fair enough, but in the meanwhile, it means you have a wishy-washy read on him that doesn't commit one way or another.

Of course.

---------- Post automerged at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I'm almost guaranteed to be dead by d2 or d3, so don't worry too much.

20. ika

You understand that the lack of everyone trolling is is what is hindering me from scum hunting, right?

Last roll, it was rather easy to figure out people b/c they went along.

How about this, ask me something, give me something to look into, have me pointlessly banter about something. Until i get some solid grounds to work with, I can't do much.

@atum: i never did? if i did can you link it to me. I dont see if offhand.

Question for everyone: what does everyone think about hypo claims for day 2 and onwards?

---------- Post automerged at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

oh fuck that, i plan i dying first i will 1v1 you on dying first

---------- Post automerged at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

@snow, you better not be copying phrops way. what happened to your first round play where you were more carefree.

show me your towniness again like you did in the first game

---------- Post automerged at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Question for everyone:

if you were a warewolf, would you kill a known seer first or a better playr first?