1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Gotham

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Pasta Sentient, May 6, 2014.

1. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Well they revealed the trailer for this show on Fox tonight. I kinda wish that it was not on a separate network from Arrow, but am glad that it will hopefully bypass the CW cheesiness. Looks pretty decent though I'm hesitant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looks like a disaster in the making to me.

If they were going to pursue something like this they should've done a GCPD series that showed the police working alongside Batman, not this prequel crap.

4. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Arrow looked like a disaster in the making too.

5. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Very different premise here.

6. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm loving this. Following Jim Gordon as a young and up and coming cop when Gotham was at its lowest? What's not to like?

7. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure Jim Gordon as a young cop didn't exist in Gotham. He arrives in the city having already worked as an officer and with some bad history in the field, around the same time Bruce Wayne returns. He definitely wasn't present when the Wayne murders went down.

8. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Depends on the continuity. That was the case in Year One, where he came from Chicago (though I think even there he was originally from Gotham), but in the Nolan films, the Arkham games and I think the DCAU, he was in Gotham at that time. I think there's a lot more to be worried about than that.

9. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

That would explain it. I accept Frank Miller's reinterpretation of the origin as gospel, but it's a cool premise to work from. Hopefully it doesn't flop, I could use a good new show to follow.

10. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

The trailer actually has me very excited and hopeful.

11. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Would it make sense to have Zsasz running around in this timeline?

Also, Poison Ivy, really? I don't see how she'll work out, couldn't they pick someone else like Harley Quinn.

12. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

So Bruce was living on the streets? I suppose thats how he could meet Selina.

Gordon taking him under his wing is interesting too.

13. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Don't see how Bruce Wayne could possibly be on the streets at that age. The media glare, if nothing else, would prevent it. He seems to be in his mansion, though. Why do you think he's living on the streets?

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Yeah. I avoided it because... wtf do I give a shit about the Green Arrow? Then I gave it a chance, and other then the cheesy shit, I like the show alot.

15. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That actually looked a whole lot more promising than I thought it was going to. I'm not going to go right out and say must see tv, but if I can catch it, I will.

16. Nae

Nae The Violent

This doesn't look good half as bad as some people are making it out to be, tbh. A gritty take on Gotham, continuing from where Nolan's movies left off, is what I want anyway. Admittedly, we could do without all the foreshadowing about how X is going to one day become a villain Batman fight against, it would still be interesting to see what they do with the origin stories.

I've never read Batman comics seriously, so I'm not familiar with the lore either - perhaps that's a good thing if I want to watch this show. :)

17. addictedforlife

addictedforlife High Inquisitor

Was no one else thrown off by the actor for young!Gordon? I have not exactly followed the comics closely, so I don't know if there was any depiction of him, and if the actor looks like it, but after 7 years of Gary Oldman playing Gordon, this new guy will take some getting used to.

18. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

He doesn't look like Gordon at all since he doesn't have glasses and mustache, but give him few more seasons and they will transform him into the commissioner we all know.

As for the trailer, it's hard to say from it if the show will be any good. Its pilot may answer this question, but even if it's bad, I expect it to get at least two seasons (because it's all about Batman, even without Batman) which gives it a chance to improve.

One thing I'm curious about is how good will be their casting choice for Bruce, especially if the show is successful and will go for years. Since he's just a kid now, they can't be sure he will fit physically this role in few years (for example he will be too short to be convincing Batman).

19. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

New Trailer

I'm really getting excited for this. Like it will be interesting to see Gordon and the GCPD, but what I'm looking forward to most is the psychology of a young Bruce Wayne.

Interviews have stated that Gordon/Alfred will be attempting to mold Bruce into two different directions (though both away from the dangers he will eventually face) which will lead him into following his own path.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    First episode was decent.