1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

LOL Not really convincing me. Why wouldn't you want me to answer the questions when I came back online hmmmm? Why not just admit you made the mistake? I agree that Maiden has been seen as scummy and am exploring maybe an ika/Maiden/you triplicate.

2. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I actually don't see you in the active users list, have you set yourself to invisible?

MathBlade, there are only two werewolves. Only two. 2.

Suppressing urge to be sharp.

---------- Post automerged at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Or I guess what I think of as sharp sounds dirty to some people. Whatevs.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yes I have so that way I can code when I need to and play when I need to. I'm trying to finish an AI for a Pinochle game with my sister and I gave myself a goal of the end of the month to have it beta'd. So that's where a lot of my time is going.

Lyrium -- Can you find me Riley's post where he says there are only two I can't find it?

?? I don't get the last lines sorry.

4. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Meh....why is it whenever I want to start posting something someone here expects me to do work. -_-

This is going to be a bit quicker post. I will probably repost some reads tonight. Just don't have the time to get them done until after gym.

1) At the moment no one is striking me as SUPER obvious right in your face scum at a glance...not even Sloth anymore the gigantic pain in the ass he is. I will elaborate with a read later.

2) Well there are 2 things answers here. Either Ika because the randomness makes me think my head is going to explode if I try and decipher him. Or one of the lurkers....because that makes it boring I think.

3) Stealing your answer Lyrium since its the most obvious one.

4) Someone better at reading people than I probably am. Maybe one of the more experienced players since they will have a better read and more experience than the newbies in who they should investigate. They're a bigger target maybe but they also have more of a chance at picking the right person to see

5) Burkion since he unfortunately can't be here to see the thread unfold and when he comes back might get a bit blindsided by the amount of content he has to go through.

6) Ika...I cannot get a damn read on this guy.

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay first off I keep seeing these questions, so I'll use them as a starting point.

1.Who's the scummiest player and why?
    Besides TerRaine who I have a scum feel about, ika and Snowvon, but I don't know if it's because the two are driving me crazy, and anyone who is just piling on Maiden because it's easy.

2.Who is a player you hope isn't a werewolf?
    Lyrium, because though she is seeming pro town so far on day one, she has been getting a free ride through here at this point.

3.Who is a player you hope is a werewolf?
    Snowvon because of all of the controversy around him. Otherwise people are wasting a lot of time and energy and could definitely get a bit tunnel visioned towards him.

4.Who is a player you hope is the Seer?
    Someone who is not going to get lynched today.

5.Who is a player you really hope isn't the Seer?
    Someone everyone believes to be scum.

6.If you could day vig someone right now, who would you murder in broad daylight and why?
    Snowvon. There are some strong enough opinions on him that it would be great to know his alignment to work on determining others'.

@Maiden - In 232, TerRaine is backing up Sloth's notion of my absence, making a big deal out of a flimsy excuse for a scum read. But since she (sorry for the gender mix up earlier TerRaine) didn't initiate the idea, just went along in someone's footsteps so not really scum hunting.

I know I am reading into, and I initially hadn't until 343 she then took back what she was saying once it actually kind of hit people that real life does exist and changed her mind saying that Sloth was scummy for what he said, even though that was what she initially agreed about. It just seems like she is trying to play it very safe and stick with the popular opinion.

Since that (well since 345 which was supposed to be attached) she has been posting, but not really much of anything, just as if she is scared to say the wrong thing.

I know it's not a ton but it was one of the initial reads I got from her and I still feek she could be potential scum slipping under the radar.

Is she the best candidate to go after at this point since the thread has progressed? Porbably not, because there are definitely other scummy players in which more people have expressed opinons on, so I will willingly change my vote later.

More to come in a bit. If someone can still let me know if there is a way to read all expanded posts by one person at once please help me. I just haven't had enough time to go through each one by one yet!

6. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

There's not sadly. That would be a really useful feature.

LochNess, what do you think of Dermon's last couple posts?

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Thanks TerRaine and LochNess for the information.

@LochNess -- I usually take them and CP them into word or a processing program so I can read them all at once. I don't know of a function sorry.

8. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

i got like 30 min break so im making it nice and short from what ive glanced, yes im still in a pissy mood, im going to be straight up blunt:

so far what ive noticed is that madien is highly self-aware, this is why she is scum, remmeber when i made her sole white?

go look at her reaction to it. It was nothing of indication of anything but reacted to it in a horrabel way.

@sloth:

your trying too hard to look scummy, quit it. i could see mathblade being the second, based of how she agrees maiden is scummy but doent vote. also math calling my rage fake and thinking that i have done jack shit is pathetic,

let me ask this for everyone and math: who has tried to contibute more? me or her?

@lyrim: save it for post game its farily obvious if you think about it on a very basic level.

if i missed anything tell me. i dont have time to read though it all

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

also to add on look at everyone responses to lyrims questions that could of been solved via setup:

especialy the warewolf question, noticed how many ppl assumed 3? easy way to eliminate, towns are more inclined to be less aware of how many there were vs the warewolfs unless the warewolfs are aware that it is a trick question for them to slip up

9. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

@Mathblade
    From #426 to #435, you moved Maiden from Null to Scummy (right? I assumed, though you never outright state so, which is interesting) based on very weak evidence.
    The choice she made in saying 'don't hammer me yet' is strange, but not that damning, specially when it's usually in Town's benefit to try to avoid a hammer till Day end.
    Do you have more reasoning for the change?

...Seriously? Mathblade, it's been quoted twice in the game already:
    How did you miss it? Twice? Are you not reading others' posts?

Btw, while I appreciate you saying this, I like to think I'd have done the same thing regardless of alignment, so it's not exactly a reason to Townread me.
    Some things you just don't mess around with, a friend in the hospital is one of them.

--
    @Lochness
    I asked you about possible teams/connections you see in your scumreads.
    For example, you're looking at Ter - who is her partner?

--
    @Dermon
    I'm curious, where does this leave your TerRaine read? You switched pretty suddenly, is that all you have on Maddie?

--
    @Lyrium
    You forgot one.
    Hm? What do you mean here?

...I seriously can't beleive you don't realize how some of those sound. XD

--
    @Terraine
    Good luck at the gym, I'm heading over there myself after work.
    I'm waiting for your answers when you come back.

--
    @Rubicon
    I just noticed - your votes on no one, assuming Riley's count is accurate. What are your thoughts now? Any changes on reads?
    Throw me a pretty rainbow.

--
    For the record, people, I'm relatively certain that Lyrium and Maddie (or Burk, but more than likely Maddie) are Town. The reasons are whatever you call reasons not involved with actual gaming but from past events. I'm sure most will be able to figure out what they are, and I can go over them once my questions have been answered.

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

...Crap.
    Maiden = Maddie.
    She's a very imaginative woman.

10. ika

so basic poe:

anyone who assume 3 is more likely then not town, anyone who defalted to 2 by knowing it we can look at on individual case

---------- Post automerged at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

assumes 3 is town*

11. Sloth

...3 is scum, you mean?
    And I disagree - specially on Mathblade's case. It's been stated several times and quoted twice. If she read the thread at all, she'd know.
    the fact that she said 3 at this point makes me think there's a good chance she's faking it to seem Town.

12. ika

can we deal with maiden first? if she flips wolf, it will be an easy game of poe and seer. if she flips town then we can relook, if i need to be the lynch for day 1, then fine, just after that lynch maiden

dunno if my votes over there

vote maiden

---------- Post automerged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

also sloth, look back and see how many ppl assumed 3 wolfs, now tell me that you would not have the same ratonel of thinking from ballenced persepctive.

a wolf would have to be aware enough to say 3, right now i am focusing on one at a time

---------- Post automerged at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

can someone give me day end i have to head back and want to know if i will be around

---------- Post automerged at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

nvm found it, i will be here.

---------- Post automerged at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

@lyrim: if my assumption is correct it is broken, i rather not jump to the conclusion and have more annoyance again, i will save it for later. Just trust me on this part as least

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

[FONT=&quot]
    I am reading OTHER'S posts. I'm just excluding any that are not Riley in terms of game build up. Based on the number of people at start 13, having only two werewolves make it a very likely a three person scum game. It's not that I don't trust other people's analysis but if I am trying to analyze the host, I'd err on the side of probability rather than anything else. I've included everything he has posted in this thread below. So if they were quoting something it wasn't the playing thread. I tried skimming for quotes of Riley Poole's again where HE explicitly said 2 and I can't find it.

Although I went to the calculator and then tried to calculate it myself instead of using my gut and the numbers seem to think for an easy game that 2 would be more likely rather than three mafia as the town could be almost random and win. Source: http://games-net.de/hosted/tggc/trash/mafiacalc.php?mafia=2&town=13&phase=0&votechance=0&do=Go!

So two is more likely not because of what people have said but because of numbers...I honestly should have ran that at the start. My gut says that the numbers shouldn’t be that far slanted though since a town rarely acts “randomly” and acts with some intelligence.

And ah then Sloth = Decent human being. :D

And to answer your other question, I flipped on Maiden in part because of the group think of Maiden being scum and the other is I don't think that's weak evidence. A good experienced player *cough* Sloth *cough* said sometimes it's not in what you say it's how you say it.

At request I can provide Riley's posts in this thread with the URLs etc removed as I did a boolean search for where he said there were 2 wolves and I don't see it.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] I am not providing it here because it's a jumbled mess.
    [/FONT]

14. Lyrium

Holy hell.

There was a whole discussion in this game about the number of scum. Multiple people discussed it.

I'm just:

http://imgur.com/t6BmmDZ

---------- Post automerged at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

[​IMG]

15. Sloth

Lyrium, my questions.

(P.S. I agree.)

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

@Sloth: Agree with who or what? I am missing a subject and understanding.

@Lyrium: I'm sorry you are rolling your eyes. It is not my intent to frustrate you.

17. Sloth

I agree with the eye-rolly thing. I don't have time to put a full reply together, so I'll get to it when I come home from the gym tonight. Eye-roll worthy covers it pretty well though.

Right now I want answers from Lyrium.

18. Lyrium

Sloth, partially same reason I asked for the number of werewolves. Space for slips or in this case interactions. And just in case Seer is a newer player and confused, might help them out.

Strongly suggest new players be careful about slipping their roles, maybe no one noticed but if wolves do then you'll be dead.

Clock for day end here in case people don't want to go back to page 11

---------- Post automerged at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Sloth, if I spell out every answer then it messes up things. So ask the right questions or focus elsewhere.

MathBlade, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but just because I like a person doesn't mean I can overlook their "why? what?" behavior in game.

19. Sloth

Yeah, but that's the thing, I could follow how someone slipping on the wolf question would be good and would allow us to narrow down our field of vision (just like I could follow how a cunning wolf could see through it easily).
    But I don't see at all how anyone slipping on that question does anything but screw Town over. Scum don't know who the Seer is, they can't slip on that question. A newbie seer can.
    Give me one scenario in which a slip to that question would have helped us. Just one.

20. Lyrium

It's in my head and that's where it'll stay for now. If I'm wrong then you can point it out post-game.

Notice the answers to those particular questions though.