1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

AYAW #2 - Return to Basics

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, May 4, 2014.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Sis,it's not protown to lynch townreads unless it solves the game or a no lynch will result. You should seriously look at the points I am making about Rubicon. How should a player act if yhey feel someone slipped? Vote them right? Yet, no vote. However, he slides his vote on your ika wagon.

It is pretty clear you are obfuscating or not comprehending what should have hspoened had Lyrium lived. If she had, we gained a conftown or confscum period. Ika was doing acts thst helped to achieve thst posdibility. So was I.

---------- Post automerged at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Suppose ika isn't thinking clearly. Please talk yo me about Rubi's day 2 opening.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Alright, enough time has passed.

As of before I went to sleep, I was pretty sure ika was town. I wanted to see who jumped on his wagon, and specifically, I wanted to see if anyone specifically followed his vote onto me.

I didn't expect ika to become Uber illogical and just use the last few pages to rage instead of doing anything productive, and I know he'd read me as town if he was properly reading me.

But in any case,

Vote: Dermon

I am relatively certain this is 1 scum right now. He's coasting under the radar when he's a much stronger player than that. He contributed much more strongly day 1,and I wanted to give time today to see what he'd do. So far all he's done is ask a few questions that I would classify as non-real (don't actually accomplish anything). I don't see him actively trying to solve the game. In fact, I feel like he forced himself to engage with titus, and I'm wondering if he's scared she will catch him/tunnel him if she thinks he's scum and trying to preempt it by engaging her. I don't think they're scum together, for now at least.

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

On my phone now but I can cite specific evidence for the ika and dermon stuff when on my computer

3. Titus

Titus Squib

Citrus, I would see a Sloth Dermon team if Dermon is scum at all. Sloth's opening left plenty to be desired but his later play has been townie. I am not getting the town gut feeling ftom D I should be.

Short version Reads list Mathblade as I need to prep for DnD which moved to Saturday.

Scummiest
    Rubicon - See recent posts
    Mathblade - See recent pists
    Sloth with Dermin - Cspable of seeing Lyrium seer and pushing iks up fast
    Burkion - Slot needs rrplacing and contennt
    TeRaine - Interacting here
    Dermon- Weak tiwn. Gut diesn't like him.
    Sloth - Likely tiwn but weak opening.
    Citrus - See recent posts.
    Atum - See recent posts.
    ika
    Titus

4. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

I really don't think Rubicon IS scum. So his likely buddies is a moot point after Lyr he was one of my higher town reads.

I DO agree with Math's point that the game might run easier and scum hunts would be smoother if we weren't wading through Ikas brushfire rage posts. Leaving him for the endgame kill only works if you can ignore him.

@sloth Reading back through I note this...where did you see the tunneling Lyr Sloth...just curious. Can you point out a post for me? Danke (see you get one too)

---------- Post automerged at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

also going to head out soon. Wont be on til tomorrow.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Ter Raine, that's a shitty response. Just because you were right in Lyrium doesn't make you right on Rubicon. Also, you are totally dismissing the player who accused you of scumslipping.

6. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

@Rubicon: Can you explain the evolution of your position on ika from leaning town in #'s 739 and 742 to hopping on Mathblade's wagon so quickly D2?

7. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Yea I dismissed it because I thought it was a weak as hell accusation and since Rubi didn't pursue it I figured he found it weak too. Or at least weak enough not to go after just yet.

Sorry if you find it shitty but too bad. I think it s a time waste to chase after an unlikely scenario when I'm short on time on here. Ika ranks higher as something to focus on in the short term.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

The posts is completely an utter waste. Had Lyrium lived SHE would have had a conf!town/scum not all of us. She would have had that regardless of a claim or not. Only those who believed she was the seer would have gotten a conf!town/scum. Since claiming without being under attack (per Citrus) is a horrible idea no conf anything would have happened. Therefore no possibility of helping anything except seer death and is therefore scummy. Ika is also scummy because even though he is highest on the lynching block he still won't scum hunt and is apathetic and won't do anything.

And that isn't a read wall and you know it. *sigh* :facepalm I expect it to be your first post after logging in from dnd or Sunday morning then.

I trust Terraine a heck of a lot more than you right now in most of this and almost everyone has Rubicon as town. If Ika flips town then I'll look at Rubicon/Citrus but I am not switching from what is obviously detrimental if not scummy to town for a "maybe" from a likely scum.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Titus

Still waiting on a response about the post range I cited concerning Rubicon

10. Titus

Titus Squib

A scumslip is rarely a weak accusation and the fact you said nothing is rather startling.

Rubicon being scum, given his sudden wishy washiness is likely FMPOV. Merely stating it is unlikely doesn't make it not worth discussing. If you want to persuade in a limited time, taking the path of least resistance. So let's discuss it. Why is it unlikely Rubicon is scum?

Why is it likely ika is scum, aside from the gambit he pulled?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Also, are you implying a Rubicon+MathBlade scum team? Rubicon has been hard-defending MathBlade, but I buy a lot of the arguments he's brought up about why she's town. Opinion?

12. Titus

Titus Squib

I think I did answer but refresh my recollection please.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This post range

14. Titus

Titus Squib

I'm implying that it is a possibility. I keep waffling between Mathblade and TerRaine as the last scum with Rubicon. There should be more conflict regarding the opening of day 2 between TerRaine and Rubicon.

Mathblade and Rubicon also has a negative of both being the first two on the ika wagon. It's not as big of a downside given Rubicon was the second on the train. If Rubicon had voted first, I'd eliminate the pair entirely as I doubt Mathblade would vote so close to her partner knowingly. Mathblade's denseness and stubborn defense of Rubicon while saying little of substance makes me think she could be scum.

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Going in reverse order -- Question is literally unanswerable because it is the question of what happens when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object. Anything and everything can be attributed to the gambit because his gambit according to you is anti-town play. LOL So please clarify/clean up the question.

The path of least resistance is lynch ika and is the most positive even if wrong. However I will play along and explain why Rubicon is not scum.

1) Every person that has flipped his read so far has been correct. If he was scum he'd try to deceive as much as possible and would be for a lynch that was incorrect. He also called out the ika/maiden are probably unaligned (https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=722162#post722162). He also had Lyrium as town.

If anything he'd want to steer town away from the truth but he's been doing nothing but help town towards it. He was also against the Maiden bandwagon at points too.

2) Rubicon (assuming I'm interpreted this post correctly) suspected both Titus and ika as being scummy. Therefore hopping on the bandwagon makes sense (https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=722219#post722219)

3) He is consistently scumhunting and attempting to play the game (numerous posts) and yet I do not see you scumhunting only deflecting.

4)The word "scumslip" is ALWAYS weak to me. As soon as someone says it to me it weakens their whole argument unless they back it up. Otherwise I could say so and so has x characters in their username, scumslip. *rolls eyes* the very word is meant to add emphasis to a phrase rather than an explanation.

Scumhunt please.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Did anyone follow up on the 19 pairs of unaligned players?

I don't see how that comes to be. I don't see anything alignment indicative specifically but TeRaine is more likely a scumbuddy than Mathblade. Rubicon is not going to hard defend Mathblade so early most likely.

Engaging is hardly a reason to townread though. I almost always engage for as long as anyone will have me, because I have a plan at any given moment. My scum game is better than my town game because I know how the game should progress and can counter accordingly. Paranoia from my successful scum games then makes my town games even harder. TLDR, the first rule of being scum is engage.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Okay first of all... What the fuck? I am saying a fuck ton of substantial stuff and have laid down numerous arguments why ika should be the lynch.

Secondly yes I lead the wagon and I am PROUD of it. Scum rarely if EVER lead wagons and save themselves for a hammer. Why in the world would BOTH scum vote for a person and leave it up to town to hammer. They try to avoid suspicion not attract it. Don't say her partner like it's a given. I am so town they are going to name MathBlade City on me after this game. Either that or Pi-ville.

What's more likely is that if Titus/ika are not scum (which I doubt) it's someone who hasn't been posting a lot recently. Sloth/Rubicon/Citrus/Terraine/Atum are town reads for me right now. Dermon or Burkion would be my next reads if I had to.

---------- Post automerged at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

@Titus TDLR = What?

---------- Post automerged at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

TLDR* /tenchars *sigh*

18. Titus

Titus Squib

TLDR = Too long didn't read.

That list of towns basically says the lurkers are scummy. It's the exact list to produce that would offend no one. Scum are just as capable of leading wagons. Being the hammer draws a lot of attention. Not leading a wagon can draw a lot of attention. Where the player should be on a wagon depends on the type of player. I'm rarely in the middle or back of a wagon unless it's a deadline lynch, town or scum.

I haven't seen any substance from you beyond ika gambited, so he should be lynched.

Also, defend Rubicon town despite not pushing a scumslip.

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=722863&postcount=935

20. Titus

Titus Squib

A scumslip being weak doesn't explain Rubicon's lack of followthrough, it just merely explains why you disagreed. If someone actually slipped, then pressure at least should be applied but Rubicon totally abandons it to pursue ika.

That is because the wagon was easy and he has a scapegoat in you, or if you're scum together, you can push it too quickly and it will take too long to dissolve.