1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

"A Song of Ice and Fire" stories

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by purple, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Now imagine this Lyanna being queen. The Stooopid is strong in this one. I suspect there might come a time when we'll wish we had Cersei wearing a crown.

2. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Cersei was always a mad cunt though, which had little to do with Robert. Hell, she killed her friend when she was just a child herself, pushed her down a well where the girl died. In AFFC she recalls how she was happy in her marriage to Robert only for a moment, before she saw Jaime's face in the crowd. Let's not forget either how she took to regularly aborting her children whenever she suspected they were Robert's.

At least Lyanna won't try to fuck Ned... or Benjen.... right?

Her future chapters ought to give the bitch a kick in the arse, or wherever most suitable, to clear her head of all the idiocies she might otherwise entertain.

3. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

That's the thing.

(above is a quote of a reply the author gave to a review.)

Breath in the irony here :).

Speaking with her about what she did might not work. Apparently, with her actions are needed. I don't know, maybe a diagram would do.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Showing her places where they fought bloody battles and the corpses that still lingered ought to do the trick, I think.

5. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Hmmm, yeah, that could work.

I'm trying to have a discussion with one of the reviewers about Ned and the consequences of Lyanna's actions which might influence his relationship with his future children but it's hard. ;>

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Anyway, here's a recommendation onto which I stumbled completely by accident:

Begin Again

There is quite a lot of significant alterations, and make no mistake, this is not truly a fix-it-all fic, even though it may fool you into thinking it is. This is but the first part of the series and the currently ongoing sequel is titled Unforeseen Consequences

7. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

I read that series before So Soars... that's how I actually found So Soars, by checking the author's profile.

It wasn't ground shaking nor breaking but I pretty much dropped it when I read the part about Ned arriving in Winterfell riding a direwolf.:facepalm

I scrolled through the rest.

8. h2o

h2o Professor

I got about 3-4 chapters in on Frozen Fire but I couldn't keep reading, it was pretty cringe-worthy stuff. Good idea, bad execution.

Having Daenerys come to King's Landing to marry Robb in secret? Are you kidding me? 3 young Dragons with her, Dothraki's protecting her... there's just no way they wouldn't be dicovered. If it had been White Harbor at least it would've been somewhat plausible... and then there's Daenerys & Robb's conversations/interactions... just no.

Shame cus' it could've been a really interesting AU. When Ned gets killed, Robb calls up the north and any Targaryen loaylists for a big push against the Lannisters.

9. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I... I wasn't aware of that. I've just finished that Cersei chapter where she apparently manages to rouse some noble rabble to seek justice for her bastard spawn of incest.

10. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Unforeseen consequences chapter 43 Edmure,

Here is the quote:
    ;)

EDIT:
    New chapter for A Better Fate. This one with Bronze Yohn POV and a parentage twist.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  11. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Strange how the chapter before the latest one bored me to no end, yet this one was a good read. I'd liked Bronze Yohn's take on the whole situation and think he dealt with it fairly. Mariya might consider it unkind, but in truth, were Roslin beheaded and the babe killed - it would be better for all involved for them to purge the world of all Frey blood, bastard or otherwise - in the end it would spare them a lot of trouble.

"Please, my lord, take pity. Please!” she cries. Aye, the same pity the Freys afforded their 'guests'.

Mercy, kindness, compassion... these things have little to do with war and dealing with enemies who were supposed to be friends, or at the very least allies. In a world like that of ASOIAF, that's the stuff that gets you killed.

12. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Any fic where Stannis the Manis is the main character? I love him (at least the idea of a character ike him) before he went Red God crazy, a fic where he is young would be awesome. I already read a pretty good one where Robert died hunting and he married Lyanna. It's starts well and gets very good. Then it stopped being updated.

13. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Link it.

And the only Stannis-centric fanfic that comes to mind at the moment is "In Good Company" but that got abandoned (hasn't been updated since August last year).

Also, So Soars the Young Falcon updated just an hour or so ago. It's an Elia chapter.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  14. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

So Soars is getting really fuckin' random with the shit taking place in the story. The latest dagger moment was just roll of the dice moment. Roll 1d6 if less than five stab Elia.

Tywin sending his fleet and somehow bypassing Redwynes in the west and whatever naval power they have in Dorne(south) and Stormlands(east) and is now near Dragonstone. Because fleet movements are so easy to miss. :facepalm

It's like no one kept an eye on what Tywin was doing despite the fact that they(Bob, Ned and Deny) considered Lannisters potential enemies.

Edit:
    I hope the Greyjoys now raid the living fuck out of Westerlands.

15. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

There's too many POVs, too much stuff going on. I'm starting to wonder if things will ever temporarily calm down again.

16. Brukel

Brukel Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Yeah I have to say I started loosing interest in the story after the first few chapters. Why Ned wants to take the random piss water kid with him i'm still struggling to understand. Plus I thought it would be about Denys Arryn doing cool stuff, instead it just seems to be getting weird and turning into another yay Ned story.

I'll read the updates but I'm not expecting anything amazing at this point.

17. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

You aren't the only one scratching his head about the piss water prince.

Varys hightailing with Rhaenys was a crowning moment of stupidity on the part of Elia, Rhaella and Co.

18. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

The reason he's being taken away by someone, or Ned in this case, is to make certain that no one can use him again like Varys had initially planned. Can Ned even trust anyone from there (Starfall/Dorne) to take care of the child and not use him later on for some schemes?

19. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

But that's the thing. The kid is a fake. Leave him with Robert in KL. A pretender, one that is so obviously fake isn't that much of a railing point. They were all duped with a decoy while the real blackfyre or whatever is in Essos. Hence why Varys needs Rhaenys, why Varys wanted Elia, Rhaella to evacuate to Essos(bonus hostages). He was running out of time before his diversion was discovered.

20. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

It just came out of nowhere, Varys taking Rhaenys, when they had already suspected him of foul play, and her being without a Kingsguard to protect her.