1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Souls II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Fishy Justice, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I fucking love the Arbiter Spirits, not going to lie. I brought this on myself and it's so good.

But yeah, NG+ can be pretty brutal in places. I particularly like that cliff-face in Huntsman's Copse where two Artificial Undead phantoms spawn surrounding you. It's so rude, it's great.

As for the arena: honestly my only real issue is that it's the only half-decent way of getting Cracked Red Eye Orbs in NG. It's way too grindy, and if you lose you don't get an orb. The way I see it, if they must make the arena mandatory for orb acquisition, they should give a single orb to the loser and several to the winner. That way it wouldn't take hours to get enough orbs to go off invading.

E: I just got myself summoned as a white phantom in the Undead Crypt with the express purpose of ringing the bell in the room before Velstadt and disconnecting. :)

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Wow that is the most dickish thing I have ever heard.

Arena fights go pretty quickly compared to Invasions and I tend to win more than I lose with my faith build so I can invade a lot.

3. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yeah, it really is. I wish I came up with it myself, it's so fucking ridiculous. I did show a couple of my targets the shortcut lever, though.

I try to duel until I get about 15-20 orbs, so it can take a while. I win enough that it doesn't take too long, but man it's shitty.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

5. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Every time you die to a bluebro, you get -1 sin. You'll be back to good guy pretty soon if all you did was kill some NPCs.

My bloodbro character, though... I've killed like 300 hosts? I'm pretty deep in sin XD I started a ng++ cycle for the miracles, and boy am I regretting it. I usually like to duke it out with blues, but not every 2 min while trying to clear PvE levels.

6. The Berkeley Hunt

Oh, so killing a host as a red phantom raises sin as well? And also I killed every single npc i could find before ng+, maybe that was a mistake.

7. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Yes, it does. The Blue Sentinels exist to punish Bloodbros, after all.

8. Clerith

High Score:
    -_- this patch.

Band aid nerf everything that casuals yelled was op patch.

Still nothing about phantom range, lag, binocular boost, sky walking, soul memory, invasions, arenas.

Just nerf everything that could wreck noobs. Ah wells. But since when did Flame Weapon do that? >_>

9. The Berkeley Hunt

Link to patch notes?

10. Solomon

Solomon Heir

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/...souls_ii_v106_regulation_notes_poorly/chuotsn

I'm not sure I agree with adjusting curved swords in general. The Monastery Scimitar was definitely broken, but offhand scimitars, etc. were fine. I like most of the adjustments, but it doesn't change any of my major complaints.

Also expecting them to fix phantom range at all, let alone in a balance patch, is hilarious. From will never change that because they can't.

E: I don't understand the Flame Weapon change, though. Was there something actually wrong with that?

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  11. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Is there any hope at all that they'll fix how matchmaking works? Soul Memory is a really terrible mechanic, basically kills low-level PVP.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Apparently From posted an official translation on their website. It's still not a fantastic translation, but it's mostly legible.

There is zero hope for this. You'll just have to deal with it as best you can.

13. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

That's a real shame. Hopefully I'll still get a steady stream of random invasions even when hitting the higher tiers of SM - I'm really not feeling the arena or the 'duelling' people are doing in various places, but hiding with Chameleon and one-shotting a host with Climax is pretty fun.

14. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

I think the angle there is the fact flame weapon has no requirements. There's almost no reason to not have it.

Realistically there isn't much of an issue with it. It doesn't see a whole lot of use, but I'm getting the impression they want weapon buffs to be a more dedicated thing.

15. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

That would make sense, except spices exist. Any character can use any buff with 10 Int/Faith if you just take a little while to farm for some.

16. Clerith

High Score:
    That's the entire point of Pyromancy. Also, Flame Weapon requires a ng+ boss soul, there's that.

It's currently as strong as the other non-RW buffs. If you nerf it because it doesn't have int/fth requirements, you're guaranteeing that almost no one will use it.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I just got my first Brotherhood of Blood rank up. It took a deep respec (basically spice my [spell] weapon skills down to 15/15 equivalent and take everything down to minimum requirements, pump everything else into Vigor and ADP) and 60+ wins, but I fucking did it.

I'm (very slightly) glowing now as a Dark Spirit. :D

18. The Berkeley Hunt

Gj Solomon, I'm at about 110 points trying for rank 2 soon.

19. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

You mean getting oneshot was something only casuals complained about? God damn I must be a causalfag then.

This post is a bit stupid. There are a ton of issues in this game but FROM Soft are at least trying. They even said this wasn't a content patch so of course the glitches are not fully fixed yet. They could have waited for the content patch to also include the balance changes at the same time, but why wait? Sainters is retarded. Avelyn is retarded. GFS is also retarded.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  20. Solomon

Solomon Heir

It's annoying, but ultimately not all that bad when you have an actual PvP build and win 90% of your matches.

I guess it could get kinda boring, but that's why I don't see myself going after rank 3.