1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Witch Hunt 4 How To Play

Rules
    (inspired by Xylthixlm, stolen from Ged!)

[1] I will enforce the rules strictly, because I'm evil like that.

[2] Your vote must be in bold and not be in spoiler tags or in the middle of a huge wall of text. You don't need to unvote before voting.

[3] If my vote count doesn't seem to reflect your vote, just revote.

[4] Lynching requires a simple majority. You may vote no lynch, which also requires a simple majority. Please don't post when the final supermajority vote is cast.

[5] Once your death scene has been posted, you're dead. Dead people don't make forum posts. If you make a post after you are dead, I will hunt you down. For the record, I actually have a text file on my computer of all the people who've broken this rule in the past. I may or may not have plans for it. Also, don't post during night (take care by refreshing the page).

[6] Post at least once every 24 hours, preferably much more. If you don't, I'll hunt you down. And prod you. After that you’ll be given at most another 12 hours or so before you are either replaced or modkilled. If you're going to be without computer access for more than 48 hours, let me know ahead of time either in the thread or by QuickTopic. Remember, people: if we work together we can have a replacement free game, but that can only happen with your help.

[7] No funny stuff like invisible text, tiny text, cryptography, or acronym claims. In addition, don't use personal codes/references no one will understand other that the recipient.

[8] Don't edit posts.

[9] Don't quote PMs or QuickTopics. In addition, PM formatting conversation is strictly prohibited. Don't quote messages from the mods or timestamps, either.

[10] You may not talk outside of the thread to anyone about anything that goes on in this game, except in observer/angel/demon/dead/ etc chat. Period. Whether you're dead, or they're dead, whether they're in the game or not. The only exception is if your role specifically allows it.

[11] Have fun and be nice to the other players and me, even if we don't deserve it.

I reserve the right to modkill any player who breaks any rule [6] or higher. This applies especially to [11], but also note it’s application to [6]. I do not like making people replace into my games. I do not like spending time looking for replacements. I do not like slowing down the game while we go through this whole song and dance of looking for a replacement. Modkills circumvent all these things.

Voting and Deadlines

During the day, living players may post in this thread and vote to lynch a target. (Please make your votes bold.) You may change votes at any time during the day.

At the end of the day's deadline, if a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched. If no player has a majority, or a majority of players vote to no lynch, the decision defers to the Judge. The Judge's identity remains private, and the result is announced. If the Judge is dead or otherwise wishes, no one is lynched.

If a player gets a supermajority of votes (a predetermined highly excessive number), the day will end early, regardless of the time remaining in day.

The number of votes that constitute a majority and supermajority will be clearly posted at the start of each day.

Queued Actions

Players may have to be away from a computer when they would desire to make critical game decisions or posts. Players can work with the moderator in advance to easily address these circumstances.

If you are AFK and want to queue an action related to your role, post it in your QT. (In <b>bold</b>, using HTML tags) You cannot queue votes except in extraordinary cases.

You can queue posts for group QTs, if they are explicitly specified. The moderator will copy and paste the queued post to the group QT at the start of night.

Deadlines

Deadlines will be 72 hours for day, 24 hours for night.

In addition, due to the stress and panic of other deadline systems I have come across, I will be rolling my own personal deadline system, adapted for DLP.

There are up to three public deadline extensions available. These extensions may be requested by the players at any time in the thread, and may be granted at my sole discretion. Don't be mad if I say no.
    The options are as follows:

- Once a particular extension is used, it cannot be used again that same game.
    - Any number of extensions can be used in the same game Day.
    - If the players do not specify which extension they wish to use (or if there is no consensus on which one to use), I will pick the remaining option highest up on the list.
    - Extensions are appended to the deadline time. There's no need to strategically time when the request is made.
    - At least two players must request an extension for it to be considered.

------

Info Board
    Pregame Deadline

Pregame is for 24 hours, then we will move to a 72-hour Day 1.

During preday, the Witch private chat is enabled and lynch voting is not allowed (also Loose Cannon cannot activate). You may post as you will in this main game thread.

Once day 1 starts (and on all future day phases) the Witch chat will be closed and you will be able to cast lynch votes as you wish.

Once day 1 starts, with 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to reach majority and a day-ending supermajority is 10 votes.

You may post.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I want a gravedigger claim.

3. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Hai!

Fonti, it's still pre-game, are we not allowed to engage in happy-go-lucky excitability? Would you explain why a grave digger should claim pre-game and what would be the benefits and cons of doing so?

Questions

Townies and witches alike, if you could brew any potion what would it do and how would you make it?

Does lynching kill a witch or do you need secondary and tertiary methods of making sure they stay dead? This can be answered mechanically.

And what would be fun for the players, old and new, is to do a brief intro and mafia experience thing.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I support the GD claiming.

5. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Shit game began?

6. Bill Door

It's a 24 hour pregame. Day 1 starts tomorrow.

7. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Well then fuck this.

SOmeone give me something fun to do during pregame otherwise im afk.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi friends. Who's ready to kill?

9. fontisian

Lyrium: I'm not really in the mood. Didn't I already explain the gravedigger thing to you on irc?

10. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

And excitability you shall get!

What is this irc and why does it sound like witchcraft? Although I'll concur with the GD claim.

Normal town folks like myself need to work to put food on the table and feed our children. You know who has nothing to do? Witches! (And children...heh)

I'd be careful about throwing that word around. Only witches have the power to kill ;)

11. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

night-murdering commencing in T-minus 15 hours plus Day 1.

12. fontisian

Polysemous: Check out the #mafia thread sometime.

/me stares at Riley

Did you accidentally post a qt post in the thread?

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I forth the GD claim. I also pray the game doesn't get as many pages as the Werewolf 2 game. That'll make rereading kind of difficult. <_<

14. Bill Door

That doesn't mean you shouldn't explain in thread. Pretend that some of us weren't in that particular IRC chat.

15. fontisian

Pst Bill Door, I'm stalling until after it happens. Now stop asking me.

16. Bill Door

Not strictly true. The DOB exists.

17. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Probably why Vira and Bill should also explain why.

And Fonti, you know that unless I'm taught twice I don't learn my lessons well.

I suppose everyone who introduces themselves is saved from my descripting their avatar\forum moniker and making fun stuff up about them :p

18. dhulli

dhulli The Reborn

Bah, technicalities. Not until he's already (almost?) dead though.

Now this, I'd like to see.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hugs you. Pets you.

And here I was operating under the impression that lynching a person resulted in their death. Silly, silly me.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh cool this semi-started already!

Gravedigger claim pls

---------- Post automerged at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Wow I really like the deadline extension policy