1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt #4

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Oh wait, let me look at the setup and figure out why witches would be desperate to get the GD to claim pre-game and\or first day:

From what I can tell the GD can share information with town about cards (angels and demons?) so they would be able to conf! if town is killing townies or witches since there is no role reveal otherwise? I think.

So witchy reasons:

1. They rolled a Loose Canon and want to take out the GD who can provide valuable information to town
    2. They rolled Apprentice and want to NK the GD to take his place and misinform
    3. They rolled Bomber and want to bomb the GD

Reasons townies want GD to claim pre-game or day one:
    1. Just following from Fonti, the apprentice may decide whether to choose to be a judge or GD. The Apprentice could be a witch and they would get to know the identity of one or the other (witch or town, if town they wouldn't get alignment so this still favors witchy thinking).

If this is your first witch hunt game you may want to read Witch Hunt 3.

It's really long and I haven't gotten past page 10 yet but that and this might be helpful when more experienced players try to ****.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unvote

Vira: Have you played witchhunt before?

3. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Witches can use the info from the GD just as much as town, they probably won't kill a claimed GD early on.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

That apprentice rationale sucks Fonti. The apprentice should pick whichever would be the best personality/power as it is impossible to predict.

---------- Post automerged at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

This too. So why were you pyshing?

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Nope. I've been in a lot of games, but never Witchhunt.

6. fontisian

Titus: You're missing the point. It's all about accountability. The gravedigger has one of the most influential roles, and there's a 4/13 chance they're scum. By forcing them to claim early on, you have the extra scrutiny on them from the beginning. By making it occur in pregame, you can have the apprentice choose gravedigger in order to out a witch!gravedigger unwilling to come forward and prevent a scum with the apprentice or gravedigger on their team from fakeclaiming and being believed. Further, the gravedigger dropping information every day cuts down on the available fakeclaims for scum. In the past (and by that, I mean on fantasystrike, a site that plays Witchhunt far more often than we do here), gravedigger info, along with the temptation of holy hunting, has proved valuable enough to prevent scum from killing them early on.

7. Lyrium

On the other side the fact that witches have day chat during pre-game makes me certain that some of the people asking for GD to claim pre-game or day one are in a coven together plotting and deserve extra scrutiny.

Apprentice should have chosen gravedigger role anyway if its that important. Judge is their other option. The apprentice doesn't need to know who the GD is before choosing unless they are a witch and factoring in night kills.

8. Bill Door

^yeah basically that. It's better for both sides to have all the GD info out in the open.

9. fontisian

Ugh, I forgot to tell the jester what trick to use. Ideally, they should pick witch trick 75% of the time and no trick 25% of the time. The inquisitor should highly consider checking themselves toNight to insure that info trick hasn't been used. If lynch trick or info trick was used, I'm considering the jester 95% scum.

I want to treat the bomb as an extra lynch. We should vote on who Titus should give it to at the end of the Day, and whether we want it to be detonated.

10. Bill Door

Having GD claim before the apprentice gets their info means that a coven which has the GD can't get one of the other witches to claim GD and be able to feed false information all game and even if we do lynch the claimed GD they still keep GD info. That has happened before.

---------- Post automerged at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

also Lyrium, if you're going to use colours please don't put the bit you are trying to highlight in a colour that is harder to see against the forum background.

11. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Begin anti-town play 1: The self vote

vote ika

bbl gtg to work

12. Lyrium

Yeah colors, is not entirely working out but to reiterate all the people going "GD should claim" pre-game or day one may include one or two or even three witches in a coven together and deserve extra scrutiny.

Let's get the names out there: Fontisian, Bill_Door, Vira, Citrus, Riley

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

oh damn ika did you role scum this time? lucky you.

13. fontisian

14. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Oh nice it started. I haven't played a mafia game in so long.

Nothing much to say yet for now.

15. Bill Door

Was the original GD claim discussion not in WH8, fonti?

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why on earth would more than two witches want GD to claim in thread? I'd expect the witches to be more spread out than that.

Kinda surprised that you think Lynch Trick is scummy, Font. First day lynches are usually wrong, so using it could get a town person an extra life.

17. Lyrium

I'm wondering why you said Inquisitor, most likely a witch role instead of priest?

Why help the potentially scummy role?

---------- Post automerged at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Why doesn't everyone discuss why the GD should or should not claim and actually provide reasons.

For example, Klackerz that was a useless post...

18. fontisian

Yeah, but the 9-1 one was based on the information learned from 8.

Vira: 1. Day 1 lynches are not always town.
    2. Reviving so scummy that we tried to lynch them Day 1 is moronic. Day 2 then becomes the re-lynch of that person. If they were scum, we just lost a lynch re-killing them. If they were town, we traded two lynches for a single townfirm.

If Jester picked lynch trick, I'm considering it a scum!claim.

19. Bill Door

If inquisitor is town they can come forward the next day and priest will know whether or not their check was accurate anyway, it wouldnt work the other way round.

20. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Hmm why do you think inquisitor is most likely scum. Aren't the roles truly random?