1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2014

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, I thought the same myself, to be honest. Thanks for that.

Problem solved, fires extinguished. :sherlock:

2. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pasta Sentient, did you mean to the right of Sera and left of Dorian? Because Blackwall only has someone to his right in the pic, the black chick. Then there's a rougish looking someone between Sera and Dorian (the mage dude next to Iron Bull).

3. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Yeah, the black chick is who I believe it is. There was some leaked information revealed awhile back that mentioned her. Cannot seem to find the source, but it's been awhile so some of that is probably irrelevant now.

Either way...here's hoping Cassandra is more appealing in game. Vivienne gives me the heeby jeebies.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    If I get to play that game at all, I'm hoping that the Haste spell is in the game. 200% attack speed is the only way to play the dual wield rogue.

5. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Not sure if they have haste, but the gameplay mechanics seem to involve something called "Focus" that grants your group special moves. I'm sure enhanced speed is on that.

6. ScottPress

High Score:
    Ah, bummer. I'm hoping that spell is in. There's nothing like slashing up mooks at 0,001% light speed.

7. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The haste mechanic doesn't work by speeding you up, but by slowing your enemies down in a wide area. It's a group-cast spell with the focus mechanic they showed in E3, which one assumes builds up in combat or over time.

Which is sort of stupid, I think. Haste should speed you up, not slow your enemies down. But it's not a big issue to me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  8. ScottPress

High Score:
    So basically bullet time?

I so hope Flemeth is involved with the Breach somehow.

9. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Basically, yes.

Well, it's been confirmed that Morrigan is returning in this game, and since Flemeth is a big part of her storyline, we're likely to see her as well.

Plus, you know, depending on your choices, the God!Child.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If that kid is involved in any meaningful way, then they'll have to make that ending canon, no?

Or has that already happened?

11. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    I'm... not sure, you know? But I'm betting that kid is part of a gateway choice to one of the many disparate endings they're promising.

12. Gengar

High Score:
    40 'major' endings, supposedly.

So, if Morrigan features heavily I don't see why god!child couldn't feature.

I just always figured that kid was destined to be either a PC or a villain, so they'll have to canonise it at some point.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    I'd prefer if they promised 4 endings that will actually be different. 40 sounds like what was done with ME3. 3 colors plus shooting the starkid and variations depending on which crew members died/survived and who was your love interest. :colbert:

14. Gengar

High Score:
    They were very insistent on emphasising the word 'major' according to journalists.

Very aware of the thoughts on ME3 (obviously, lol)

Given that my biggest beef with bioware games is the feeling that my choices don't really mean anything (I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way), I'm cautiously optimistic about that.

/crosses arms

we'll see, Bioware

15. Darth Disaster

High Score:
  16. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Officially, it's not canon. Unofficially, it is, because parts of the official literature were written under the assumption that it was.

You need to try and remember that Bioware doesn't give a shit about player choices.

That's almost as many as they promised for Mass Effect 3.

You want me to dig up the sauce on them saying that about the differences in the Mass Effect 3 endings?

Not, it won't be. Even if it's a good game, Bioware can go fuck themselves. They still have yet to apologize for ME3 or admit that they fucked up at all. I remember the mass bannings and witch hunts on the forums, and I remember all the "professional gaming journalists" getting paid to side with them and call everyone who complained entitled little twelve year olds.

Even if Inquisition is fantastic, fuck Bioware. I'm buying it used from Gamestop so they don't get any of the money from it, because as bad as Gamestop is, and as thoroughly bribed by Bioware as they were to suck ME3's dick, they still aren't Bioware. I'd rather give the money to them, frankly.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Good, don't buy it. Hopefully then the furious keyboard warriors of the world can smile and let the rest of us who enjoy the games they put out do so.

18. Lord Raine

So I'm a keyboard warrior now because I didn't forget what Bioware did?

Everyone that mattered and helped make good-quality stories and games from Bioware has left or been replaced. It's all EA employees now. Am I a keyboard warrior for calling EA a steaming pile of shit, too?

You don't know if you're going to enjoy the game or not. You've never played it. All you know is their past track record, and what they've shown you. Their past track record is two bad games in a row and a laundry list of broken promises, and what they've shown you are a bunch of assets, enemy types, and mechanics that were directly recycled from Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

The only thing Inquisition has shown you that isn't promises that can't be trusted or recycled assets from other games are loud sounds, big monsters, and flashy lights and colors. And I'm sorry, but I like RPGs, and the value of an RPG isn't measured by how many tens of millions of dollars Hollywood would have to spend to make a movie adaption of the game.

You don't get to play the "but it's fun and enjoyable, you're just a Stop Having Fun Guy" card for something that isn't even out yet.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Yes, I do.

Because you're the one who thinks their past games are bad, not me.

And you're a keyboard warrior for constantly railing on them, then admitting you're going to play their game anyway.

That's quintessential KW talk for me. Constant raging combined with utter stupidity.

Btw, you're totally allowed to hate their games. I wouldn't have even said anything if you hadn't said you were going to buy it yourself anyway.

20. Lord Raine

So you don't think Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 were bad?

Well, I'm happy you're able to form different opinions, I really am, but I don't think you're going to find yourself in a crowd of support for that.

You're free to disagree, but if you're going to try and pull the "you're the only one who thinks that" card, I'm going to start pulling out charts and graphs. You're the one with the minority opinion, not me.

I'll stop railing on them when they give me a reason to. You call me a Keyboard Warrior, but you sound like a mindless groupie, talking like that.

I'm not "buying it anyway." I'm giving them one last chance to not fuck up. It's the last bit of free credit they get for Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 1. If you choose to use that to try and devalue what I say, well, that's your business. It's none of my concern if you want to act like an idiot.

Coming from the person that's reflexively defending Bioware even after they shat in your mouth and tried to tell you it was art, and got buttmad that somebody doesn't like them but decided to get one more of their games anyway, that's fucking hilarious.

So you're the gatekeeper for who gets to buy what and from whom? You hold the power to condemn others for that? I'm not allowed to talk about everything Bioware has fucked up and also grab their next game to see if they actually listened to the fans or if they truly are hopeless and full of shit?

It takes real effort to be that incredibly self-righteous. I applaud you.