1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars or World of Warcraft? Which one do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Evergreen_Queen, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Evergreen_Queen

Evergreen_Queen First Year

I have two friends basically want me to play World of Warcraft but right now I'm playing Guild Wars with the expansion. Really, I don't feel like paying each month and Guild Wars has no monthly fee. I want to know which game people prefer? Guild War or World of Warcraft?

2. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

stay with Guild.

or use a private WoW server.

3. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

You know that saying you get what you pay for? It's true in this case. WoW = Monthly fee = Better. Guild Wars = Free = Good, but not as good. Well... WoW is great if you just stay as far away from the General or Class Forums as possible. Five minutes of the drivel posted on those will make you quit the game.

4. Evergreen_Queen

But what I really don't like about WOW is that there's no quick quest or missions. Once you get to lvl 60, it's just about raiding and getting your tier armor for character which is a pain in the ass because you're have to save up your points to bid on the items and all the hard work might go to waste if someone out bid you!!!!

5. Nobody

Nobody Backtraced

At level 60, it's your own game. You can raid, yes, but you can also play the AH, you can rep grind, you can PvP, you can mess with people, you can help people, you can just farm, etc. Nobody's holding a gun to your head the second you reach 60 and making you raid.

6. Evergreen_Queen

I know nobody holding a guy to my head to go raiding but really if you're in a guild, it's like they're holding a gun to your head. If you don't help in the raid then they'll disown you.

7. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

I gotta agree with Spacks.

You can either get a Private Server patch for WoW (shouldn't be hard), or stay with Guild Wars.

If you go with Private servers, there's a variety out there, some are carbon-copies of Blizzard's official server, some have slightly better exp/item drop rates, and some are fun servers, where the rates are insane, but have loads of custom items, and a few quests to chose from.

Enevitably it's your decision, we can just make suggestions.

8. Evergreen_Queen

For all those WOW players, I just have a quick question? I know all you guys are waiting for the expansion but I just want to know why your buying the game? I don't give me the reason because it's an expansion and the lvl 70 cap! One of my friend is a PVP gnome warlock one of the reason is that he's thinking of switching his Destruction specs to Demonology for some reason. He said that its more fun. My other friend wants to buy the expansion just for the flying mounts in outland. Anyways, just want to know why you want to buy the game.

9. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

the 2 new races, horde gets pallys and alliance gets shamans, personaly im not sure if ill buy it right away, but i know thats why a lot of people will buy it

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

When the expansion comes out, that's what Blizzard will continue working on, all the new updates will involve around the expansion and anything new in a MMORPG is something to cheer about, for the can become repetative.

Some of these people have been playing since it had come out, and if the game is bringing something new, than people are going to want to check it out.

Plus there is an actual story line to World of Warcraft, and hopefully there will be a short, yet decent one to the expansion.

I haven't been playing World of Warcraft for long, maybe a month in total, so I could wait for years for the expansion to come out, as I got much to explore in the game, but other, well, they don't

it doesn't matter much for people who don't think about the expansion this way however, because, after a week or so, the population for the non expansion will drop. so, if you want big raids, you are going to need to get the expansion, because where everyone is at.

By the way, I just typed this as I thought of it, so if it doesn't flow in anyway, let me know, I may need to revise it.

EDIT: I can see the level cap being a big reason as well, some of the long players would love to level there ultimate player killer character some more.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  11. If you dont want to pay the monthly fee stay with Guild Wars,But, I STRONGLY recommend playing WoW,I think you can get a two week trial account to see if you like it,but, then again it is your choice

12. DemonDream

DemonDream Professor

Your closet. Please clean it, I can't move.
    I have to say WoW. I haven't played Guild Wars, but I do know that WoW has a lot going for it, esecially when you reach higher levels.

13. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Go with WoW even if you have to pay, but only if you can afford it. WoW is a good game, I never liked Guild Wars too much. Good game, but can't please everyone. On a side note, not intending to hijack the thread but, Blizzard needs to make a new Starcraft game. We need our fix! Starcraft MMORPG.

14. silvananoir

silvananoir First Year

I'm all about WOW simply because of the freedom. I can do as I please, its basically your world and you can tune the game the way you want. Yes, you have to pay a fee but its worth it.

15. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Starcraft: GHOST in 2007. Look it up on Gamespot or Gamefaqs.

16. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

You do know that Starcraft ghost was suposed to come out in like 03 or 04 right?

17. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Yep. I'm afraid it may become another Fallout 3 or System Shock 3 or Deus Ex 3.