1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Slytherin Queen by Takeda Lee - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by ip82, Sep 25, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Slytherin Queen
    Author: Takeda Lee
    Genre: Humor
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 3
    Words: 11,730
    Updated: September 25, 2006
    Published: June 14, 2006

Pairings: Harry/Blaise
    Suggested category: "Humor" or "Romance"
    Summary: Female!Blaise Zabini's life through her own eyes. Her take on Voldiemart, both the Ferret and Weasel Kings, freckles, Harry Potter and shagging in libraries. Cynicism can be fun, and even more, funny. R&R plz
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2990826/1/

It's a short 1st person AU, with Harry/female Blaise Zabini romance. Upsides include LOTS of Malfoy, Snape and Ginny bashing, as well as generally good romance (no fluffy pre-teen shit).

Downside is that the story is written entirely from Blaise's POV. Thankfully, the author is male, so Blaise definitely isn't Marry-Sue, even though it might seem like it in the beginning.

All in all, solid humoristic romance. Gave me a few laughs and put me in a good anti-Ginny mood.

3.8/5

Checked by Minion, Nov. 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Silke

Silke Second Year

While i can agree that the bashing and story was pretty amusing, i can't agree with you on the romance. One meeting with Harry and she fell in love? I don't buy it. But if you're comparing it to most of the 'romance' on FF.net it'll do.

I liked the first person pov, made it a little more unique. However, i was still very disappointed after the first half of chapter 1, which makes me sad considering it's a fem!Blaise story, but it's better then most of the crap out there. Then again, every fem!Blaise story i read i compare to C.Night's stories.

It's a pretty good read if you're bored.

3.5/5

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I like it because it's short & lust oriented. Not your standard fluff-fest, with exposition in 50 boring chapters. As for crush on first sight thing... meh, what would you expect in a 10K words long story?

4. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Very well written POV

Unique that they picked Blaise but I love the thing he is doing with Ginny hopefully she'll get a proper beating and we'll not hear from her anymore

4/5 because of humor

5. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

The story in and of itself was pretty good, but the writing style was flawed. it was at times jarring and difficult to read because of the repitious nature of the humour. playing up the anti-slytherin personality traits of blaise is only funny so many times. although all the sex related stuff was funny as hell. although seriously, would snape take a blowjob from ginny? somehow i dont think so.

6. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Would Snape take a blowjob from Ginny?
    My, that's an interesting dilemna. On one hand, you have a greased-up slimy piece of hardened crusty half-digested camel shit, on the other hand you have...Ginny. My, my....

Seriously, I've read this story before and I enjoyed it. The author wrote a whole bunch of one-shots ages ago and they were all pretty good; this is the continuation of one of these one-shots.

Anyway, 4.5/5

7. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

5/5

I loved it. Funny, well-written, original and pleasing to read to boot! There aren't many gems out there like this one anymore, so it was great to see this one. Another awesome find ip, now get writing! ;)

8. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

3/5.
    It's readable, but the poorly disguised punchlines-as-sarcasm writing-style gets irritating fast. The character alterations (Malfoy's a midget and Harry Potter is some 6' 3" awesomeness?) are done in true fangirl fashion... and Ginny blows Snape.

This is more like 2/5, but the uncommon pairing bumps it up.

9. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I liked it. Said as much in a review to this guy. Its good, quirky, funny at times (though the sarcasm and the constant 'bitch bitch bitch' is a bit over the top) and the romance is believable for teenage years.

Some parts are a bit ridiculous like Snape letting a Weasley...greet him that way, and whatnot, but all in all its pretty good.

4/5, but that might go up with future chapters.

EDIT: Shuu...it says that Harry is 5'10, but looks like he will grow into a 6'3 frame.

10. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

it was updated today...i had to reread the whole thing, but it was worth it....

kind of confused, did ginny move in with the zabinis?

11. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A suprisingly good yarn! The first person perspective was a bit jarring at first, and Harry's characterization seems off, but the writing is solid, and any slutting of Ginny gets a B+ in my book - which is admittedly, terrible.

By FAR the bashing is the best part of the story, while the writing of Harry himself is a bit weak, but a quite good Fem!Blaise tale.

4/5

-J

12. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

*shudders in terror and pain*

Snape . . . . Weaslette . . . blowjob . . .

*croaks out a death rattle and gratefully escapes to Hell, where the images are more palatable*

13. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

The stream of thought really sold this story to me; if it had been written any other way than Blaise talking to herself in her mind it would have probably fallen flat, but you can really see how her mind works.

More importantly, she has the maturity level you would expect out of a 17 year old; She is not a conniving immature slytherin whore, but is portrayed very well as a young adult that has not fully matured and doesn't want to either; she manages to be territorial, bitchy, and possessive but comes across in a realistic, good way.

Overall, recommended, but I still can't in good conscious rate it up with Yarrgh's and IP82's work. 4/5

14. CaptainG

CaptainG Third Year

Almost wet myself reading this one. I agree with Yojorocks - if it wasn't written as a stream of thought it wouldn't be so good.

4/5

15. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    This was the only non-harry centric story I like, period. But then again it's short and doesn't have a whole lot of plot but it's very good for what it is.

16. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

If you ask me, this story has absolutely no point whatsoever, apart from the fact of letting the author unleash his opinions about the female race. Sex hungry (Horny) and obviously his favorite word........bitches

Example: "Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch...Bitch..." As well as the "I'm a bitch, I'm a bitch" etc.

(I mean, honestly is the author in a coemption with some other story to say that as many times as possible in a story?)

The fact that it was written from "Blaises'" point of few, while unique, was terribly written, and needs vast improvement. The jokes, where all basically the same, and got really old really fast.

The "5ft" Draco vs. the "6ft 3" Harry, that was a completely stupid idea, after all he is Harrys rival in the book."

Sorry, but the only thing this story did have going for it, was:
    A - It is short, and my torture session is now over.
    B - Ginny and Snape, it was greatly amusing.

2/5 Rating

17. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Yes.

Daddy was assanated. Mommy AKed herseld.

BTW, 4 out of 5

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  18. huntedorange

huntedorange Seventh Year

i found this to be quite a good little fic, funny in weird way and the writing style was passable. would recommend for a 10 min pass over.