1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. theronin

theronin Order Member

How many soraka remakes are we up to by now?

3. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    New Viktor So Fucking Strong. THE EVOLUTION IS HERE.

SERIOUSLY. SO STRONK. SOOO STRONK.

<333333.

So, my first game with New Viktor, I stole mid from Lazi, and got my ass trashed cause I was in a matchup I've never played on a reworked champion, turns out Azir vs Viktor leans towards Azir. So, of course, he didn't invite me to the next one.

Well, Too Bad For Him.

New Viktor has SOOO much burst potential, good range, good utility, and his AP scaling is off the fucking charts. when I completed my Deathcap and initially bought another Needlessly Large Rod, I was at 752 AP. I changed my mind and decided to go for a Rylai's instead for better chase/utility/survivability, but that number, so crazy.

Which means, when I completed the item, + the next item, at full build I'd have likely been over 900 AP. Without baron or blue pots. With both I bet I could break 1000 AP.

With all three purchased hex core upgrades, the hex core gives 168 AP, + 500 mana + more utility, damage and mobility on Viktor. All for 3000 gold.

IT'S. FREAKING. NUTS.

He's not quite the DoT Demon he was before, what with his upgraded E no longer leaving a DoT on the enemy, but they made up for it in burst and strength.

I'm almost certain he's going to get nerfed. But he'll still be hella viable so long as they don't Olaf him. Time to practice up and do ranked. Raepface time is here.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  4. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Man, wtf.

Group C makes no sense.

5. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I figured out how Kaboom can win a game; play morde. I realized thinking about it that almost all his counters and unplayable for various reasons (Ryze isn't too strong against him these days, Cass is crap, very few people play Swain, Garen in competitive is a joke...). No one would expect the BR team to field a Mordekaiser. hue hue hue.

6. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Unless the enemy team play without a jungler you can't avoid Morde's counter.

7. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

Been playing some Azir. He's definitely interesting and completely different to every champ I normally play. Won one, lost a close one. Made some mistakes in both.

I have never played a champ with less kill potential in mid, and it really forces me to play differently. I basically spent both games trying to shove down mid when my passive was up, taking objectives when it wasn't. If I got a kill, it was from either a great gank, or a horrible misplay on my lane opponent's part.

Didn't get to do much team fighting, unfortunately. First game they surrendered at 20, and in the next game Zed's ult had my name stickied on it, so I had to spend the whole time avoiding him while my team got pushed back. I get the feeling that they're going to be fun when there isn't such a powerful assassin with a hate boner for me.

After I've finished testing out Azir, I may try Viktor. He seems right up my alley. I want to try some kind of Lich Bane ultra bully build, but I've got the feeling straight burst will just be better.

8. Wildfeather

High Score:
    First of all, it was a Brazilian joke. Hue hue hue.

But also Mordekaiser is really strong. He is hard to bully in lane, and can turn very well in a gank. Nevermind if your team counter-ganks or just takes dragon in response to all the attention top.

Obviously I'm a baddie, and only gold 3, but the stats don't like, i've actually been doing better now that my teammates know how to follow up on my ghost. Mordekaiser is very strong when played in defend the ADC comps, you can just DECIMATE people with a lichbane isolated-Q, nevermind if you press R on them. I have, for several games, killed a lategame Nasus in a full rotation (plus one E). Then turn on a 6v4 fight and laugh maniacally.

The games have gotten better (KDA and how hard I crush in lane and teamfights) as my teammates skills go up. Mordekaiser is weak to kiting (when he is chasing) and strongest when the enemy team wants to chase into you. He has strong picks and teamfight presence all game long, and can easily turn into a tank/peel for your team.

Then again he's my pet champion so i'm sure everyone will have their own reasons why he is or isn't viable.

Stats for proof.

9. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Lich Bane is a core item on him now. Though personally I just rush sheen +boots then start building my Hex Core.

If you're ahead Hex Core > Traditional items.

If you're behind Traditional Items > Hex core.

Also, be aware that just like Azir, Zed shits all over Viktor.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  10. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

11. Torric

Torric Third Year

It ain't SoloQ bro, or else you could put games like TSM vs SHRC entirely on Amazing's shoulders because he couldn't gank bot despite them being pushed up the turret the entire laning phase.

Proper warding as a team can and has turned a lot of high pressure junglers into mobile wards at World's so far.

With that said, Mord's a lane bully yeah, but he lacks a lot of the things that a solo laner needs to be viable. In the top lane, he lacks the cc a lot of the common top laners such as Maokai, Ryze or Irelia has. He's also not as tanky as any of those three champs and nor does he do as much damage. In mid, he's nowhere near the same bully as he is in top, in that most mid laners have wave clear and range to avoid his poke. And of course, he lacks the utility of cc that Oriana and Syndra can bring.

So yeah, TLDR: his laning can be covered by proper team play, its just he's not beefy enough for a top laner, and he doesn't d enough damage in comparison to a mid or top laner.

12. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

So, Alliance just pulled off a perfect game against White Shield. No towers, kills, Dragons or Barons for the Koreans. Terrifying.

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was a fantastic game. Alliance being Alliance though, they could have closed it about 10 minutes earlier.

14. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    So, apparently there is contention that Fnatic probably should have won the game vs OMG. Apparently Kog hit Kha with his ult a half second before kha recalled. While no-one contends that the recall should have went through, what is contentious is the fact that kha's HG activated despite the fact that he was in combat when he recalled.

Supposedly, according to Reddit Detectives, HG should not have activated when Kha recalled, thus keeping Kha from being able to stop Soaz from getting at LEAST one more hit in. One more hit that should have been all Fnatic needed to destroy the nexus and win.

Riot is claiming that because Kha's Maw of Malmortius blocked the damage taken, HG activated, but redditors have proven that if you take damage blocked by Maw of Malmortius and walk into the spawn, HG will not activate.

Big stuff.

Riot is responding with the line that because the damage was blocked by Maw of Malmortius, HG activated, but that's not true across the board. So either there's a bug when people take shielded damage and walk into spawn, or, more likely, there's a bug when a champ recalls to spawn but has taken damage that allows HG to activate anyway.

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

If damage is blocked by shields it is like it never hit you for things like homeguard, mobi boots, recall cancelling etc.

16. Wildfeather

High Score:
    This makes me think you have no idea what you're talking about. He has between 100-500 free hp, built in armor and mr scaling, and a defensive steroid (10-30 iirc). I don't think i've EVER had a game where an Irelia or a Maokai outdamaged me. Nevermind once you get items on him.

There are definitely huge weaknesses when fielding Morde against teams. He's easily kited, tends to over-extend, can't 2v1 lane, etc. But there is not an issue where common top-laners outheal his damage, outtank him, or outdamage him.

17. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Uh, not true. Mobi boots specifically do cancel when incoming damage is blocked by shields. Recall cancelling is different.

Homeguard not starting because you're in combat (even if the damage is blocked by shields, in this case the Maw of Malmortius, (which is what the reddit testers used) works that way when you walk onto the spawn, just not when you recall onto it.

Did you read the whole post?

Here's the reddit thread, for reference.

Clear Video Demonstrating the Bug in Question.

This isn't even taking into account the fact that the Rumble Ulti had already been laid down before Kha spawned, for the specific purpose of stopping his HG from activating and increasing Kha's speed.

If we're being fair, and expecting mechanics to be universal and understandable and reliable, than Fnatic should have won that game. It's only through the luck of wonky mechanics and a Bug that gave OMG the opportunity to stop Fnatic from destroying their Nexus.

There are two separate ways Fnatic would have won that game without those things. Either A. Rumble could have flat out killed a low-health Kha (cause he got like 500+ HP in the one tick of HG he did get) or B. He would have had time to do at least one more auto attack to the Nexus, meaning that it would have fallen when the others came in after him.

Personally, I'd like to see a Remake.

However, like most of the people on the Reddit thread, I don't think it's going to happen, and I'm not going to flip my shit and rage if it doesn't. But I feel really, really bad for Fnatic, who deserve the win, or at least a chance to earn the win again, and all the opportunities that it comes with.

As it is, only through an incredibly unlikely series of events can they remain at Worlds.

18. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Reddit detectives are hilarious. The fact that they can find verifiable video proof of khazix actually taking damage from Kogmaw's ult (which should break homeguard, blah blah blah) is as hilarious to me as them thinking that they are going to overturn Riot's decision to not remake the game. It will not happen, even though it's grossly unfair, just because Riot will want to show the internet who is boss. They made a ruling, and they will stick with it.

I'd pretend like if it the opposite of what I expect happens I will cook and eat my shoe, but I think at least 1 person on the panel every day so far in worlds has said that.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Mfw Reddit Detective is used in serious context.

20. Stealth

Stealth Squib

>mfw a redditor was being a detective near me

Now, in a serious note. I think I'm going for my 500th game with my main. I've around 130 games in ranked and perhaps like 350ish game in normals with Zed, just played against a butthurt Ziggs saying shit like "wow, such damage" and retarded Doge memespouting, the pain is delicious.

Not open for further replies.