1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    kabooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Really, Alliance? really?

3. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Kaboom's victory over alliance has sealed North America's quarterfinals match.

HA.

HA.

HA.

4. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I'm pretty much done with this year's Worlds. My Koreans didn't make it, ALL fucked up and I don't want to watch the train wreck that is going to be TSM vs SGW, can't give a damn about the rest.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    GODDAMNIT HAI.

x.x

Ugh.

Oh well, NA made a fairly good showing in the Group of Death, almost ended up first, but certainly ended up second.

TSM took second in another group. Whatever anyone else wants to say, we're not being pushed around like we're trash, not any more.

Korea is still the superior region, everyone knows they've proved that, but the gap IS closing.

Right now, the problem is that the best NA teams still hvae lingering NA meta habits and instincts. They've intellectually shifted to better strategies and plans, but it has yet to really take hold. Hopefully it does before the end of worlds and we can see NA and EU grow even more next season in comparison to Korea.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hai noooo. So many brilliant plays. So many dumb ones.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I don't even have words to describe EU's performance at Worlds this year.

Alliance - what the fuck? Why would you ever put Wickd on Kayle is beyond me when he had a shitshow of a game when he first played it. Consistency out the god damn window, the spirit of CLG lives on. At least they had a shut-out vs a Korean team.

Fnatic - So many mistakes in that OMG game that could've ended it, but we understand. Nerves, adrenaline, everything else - so close.

SK - Sven's retarded, enough said. Good player, absolute moron when it comes to anything other than actually playing.

Congrats to NA on 2/3 into the QF's. Tough games for both teams, best of luck.

I'm bitter but C & D were far more entertaining as well as challenging, a shame consistency decided to kick EU in the balls, would've been nice to have C9/ALL advancing.

Edit; Changed the OMG QF, didn't realise there was a tiebreaker as I'm checking the standings on my phone.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  8. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Alliance alternate between looking like they can actually win the whole thing and looking like the worst team there. Fnatic played well enough to go through but that group was just too competitive, I don't think you can really say OMG were any better than them.

C9 pulled off some fucking ninja shit splitpushing in the 2 games they had against Shield.

The group stages have shown that Korea isn't as far ahead as everyone thought they were. I think the Quarters are going to be quite close. I'm not expecting either of the Samsung teams to go out but I think TSM and C9 will both take at least one game off them. And I think Najin Shield might get upset, they looked not too far ahead of C9/Alliance, OMG might be able to take them.

9. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Honestly, as much as I'd like to see an NA team take the whole thing, or at least get to the finals. What I'm gunning for most at the moment is an NA team in the semis.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    NA is stronger than Eu. Trolololol.

11. Koalas

High Score:
    In the after game interview OMG actually said they'd prefer Shield to C9 as they thought they'd have a better chance against them.

12. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

TSM and C9 vs the Samsung teams. All 3 Chinese teams in the bottom half with NWS.

Hopefully one of the NA teams can pull through, though it's unlikely. I think NWS can get to finals, but they'll have a tough time.

All in all, this Worlds has shown that KR aren't unbeatable. The rest of the world has definitely caught up, even though Korean teams are still a peg above the rest in the macro game.

Gonna be a lot of fun!

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah. Murica is almost certainly fucked >.>

But it'd be nice if we could pull of an upset. Like really nice.

14. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    This, basically.

The Korean-fanboy tears would be delicious.

15. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Is someone here on DLP named "Defilerx"? That account just tried to add me on LoL.

16. Torric

Torric Third Year

I'm a NJWS fanboy and I'd argue that C9 completely outclassed White Shield on the macro level in the last 2 games they played. C9 led them around by the nose and ran circles around them both games. The only eason C9 was on the ropes either game was because NJWS beat them in lane.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    I'm really curious what would have happened if Hai went ballsy and picked the zed into Zilean. Even with The counter I think it would have had more of an impact then the talon.

18. theronin

theronin Order Member

Dunno if any of you guys have seen this. Kinda blew my mind how many wards are placed... You'd think they would just put a cap of some kind on it, it's kinda out of control. The outliers here are pretty interesting too. NWS and C9 split 1-1, and NWS placed ~30 more wards/game on average for example.

19. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I think the most interesting thing is that Starhorn have the overall worst warding based on that and still managed to get through. I would have expected a pretty direct correlation between warding and how well a team does.

20. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

Not shown: how many of those wards were in useful places, and how well teams reacted to the information their wards gave.

Not open for further replies.