1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

CYS: Aria of Torment

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Oh, now that the game's over - MathBlade kept sending me stuff to put in obs, but there wasn't obs, so I just cp'd it all to a quicktopic. It sounded like she was kinda confused about what her wincon was and so I felt kinda bad for her. lol http://quicktopic.com/50/H/yvS4YfTk3ssRk

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Oh MB you are so adorable and silly.

YAY for me scum actually believed my "boom" thing for a while. That makes me feel less dumb.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Everyone believed it, I think.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was actually super believable until you started on about a multi use item. And the 1v1's. People will/should hold you to that.

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I didn't expect a gambit like that from you. It was actually very well done, except your choice of power backfired hard when people wanted you to prove it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Although I think at one point you straight up told me you were lying about your role, so heh.

6. Lyrium

There's that tone again, Kalas. ur mean but ur batmafia game looks cool but ur still mean.

---------- Post automerged at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

And Rubicon is like always good, even when he was scum he was friendly scum like "Hey I promise I'm a good guy and I'll let someone else in my team kill you "

7. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Murder with a smile.

8. Koalas

High Score:
    It was meant as friendly advice. If I see a player challenging multiple people to 1v1 and not following through my first and only thought is 'flailing scum'.

9. Lyrium

Wait is 1v1 the "I'm going to kill you with myself" or the "I challenge you to argue with me in thread"?

How could I have won against TItus? Like you manipulated the heck out of her and she was town so I wouldn't have wanted to win against her.

TerRaine for being newer actually was the one I was least sure of as scum other then the FOnti is town thing which was what set me off. She was also super calm and like seeming logical most of the time which made it easier to trust her.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I think thats my role.

Huehuehue.

11. blab

blab Second Year

(I basically only skimmed once I died)

Delphine, you're awesome.

Lucky played well and won. He probably had the best chance to win (despite Atum, Snowvon) but it wasn't guaranteed so still congratulations for pulling it off. (Note to self: If you see someone being gleeful about two players tunneling each other, lynch, lynch, lynch)

I think Snowvon/Rubicon/Mathblade were a bit screwed in that without knowledge of Atum/Lucky existing they had not ideal info how they should actually go about fullfilling their wincons. Snowvon should probably have used his wish more selfishly at least(?).

I don't understand why Citrus played how he played. Imo he should have at least tried something like claiming mirror (anything to get targeted with non-kill stuff) instead of being like "mwahahah, I want to steal your stuff".

Town played, meh, bad. We never had an 50%+majority to actually lynch players through town will alone, and I think we should have had. We also had the most absences which just increased that effect (Dr. Whooves, Aek, Sloth, me). The Titus lynch probably wouldn't have happened if we had a higher amount of town (or more active town, sorry guys). Titus and me weren't able to get on the same page (because both a lack of free-freetime on my part and vastly different thought processes).
    Lyrium and Zenzao did ok, even though Lyrium did get basically told that fonti was scum I don't expect her to be able to drive that lynch in that situation. They were both decent obv!town at least.
    Sloth, ...ehehehehe.

Scum played great, and I guess I can understand the frustration (somehow). Ter played great, Kalas played low-key enough to not get lynched D1+2. fontisian did manage to look good D1 vs. Titus and Citrus (I still think she was attacked for blatantly false reasons). D2 was probably the most critical lynch and managing that without getting punished for it probably would have given them the win in a game with different 3rd parties.

Modding:
    I don't really have a problem with Days not starting at the exact hour they should start.
    I was bothered by the way you answered questions in thread, and I didn't even ask any of them. Snark just comes across differently when it comes from a position of authority. Meh

Thanks for the game, Lexi.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Hello Blab you are the Cookie Monster, Town Baker.

ME LIKE COOKIE. YOU LIKE COOKIE? LET'S BE COOKIE FRIENDS!

(active) COOKIES!!! OM NOM NOM NOM: You may bake a plate of cookies once in the game to share with one other player. You learn their alignment. If they are town, you form a masonry with them.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

12. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

God, blab. When are we going to address this sexual tension?

But seriously, sup bro?

13. Delphine

Delphine First Year

So yeah, I followed this game pretty closely all the way through.

I'm proud of TerRaine for a pretty great second-game-of-mafia-ever (and of her kinda getting Sloth back for AYAW2.) Rubicon's Peaceful schtick was fucking hilarious. I hope Titus can in hindsight feel less frustrated given that the proportion of town:nontown was probably a little different than expected. I hope Sloth and Lyrium someday get past their ingame headbutting, and that ika proves fontisian wrong by successfully townreading her at some point. I hope Zenzao takes this as a learning experience and gets more confident (he was obvtown for most of the game, after all.) I was curious if fontisian actually thought that looking at who would potentially pick which alignments was a bad line of thinking to pursue, or if that was based on her alignment.

I'm glad I wasn't in this game because I would've wanted to be town and I'm pretty sure I would've gone batshit (reading along, I didn't actually think there was a Mafia faction until one of them flipped. I'm not sure if that's a testament to the scumteam's play or to how weird this game was, but.) I would've deathtunneled Kalas D1 tho b/c he was my UTR lurker of choice. There's always one! After he died though I decided to quit while I was ahead and not try to scumhunt.

I think a lot of mod-player communication issues boiled down to the fact that we all come from different mafia backgrounds (and thus have different expectations about balance, what "bastard" entails, the meaning of "scum," red text, etc.) I think that was frustrating for both Lexi and the players, and obviously the intent is for everyone to enjoy the experience of the game. I stand by p much all of Lexi's calls (which is probably influenced by me having a similar background to her) but I definitely empathize with people's confusion, esp with newer players.

I was a little disappointed as a curious observer about not having on-time flips (and seeing other people on waiting for them with me) but I understand that this was a super complicated undertaking and that Lexi's a busy person outside of the game that's amazingly helpful to a lot of people. I do think there's a correlation between how much the mod seems to care about the game and how much the players will, and so I see things like frequent vote counts and such as p important. Her action resolutions and such were well done and I enjoyed the role design/flavor, so I def commend her for that.

You're welcome for the VCs! Thanks for entertaining me for the past few weeks.

14. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

This was fun, even though I probably could have played it better.

Big props to Ter for pulling off an excellent scum game. I think the scum team's biggest issue was that neither fonti, nor Ter should have reasonably lived all that long without a protection ability.

Way to go Lucky for the win! Thanks for picking it up for the third parties.

Can we do it again?

---------- Post automerged at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Oh and thanks Delphine for doing what you do and Lexi for modding, and ya know making the game and stuff.

15. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I will not be modding another game for a year or so. However, I will still remain as the mod of the subforum, and as such since I won't be committing to anything, if someone were interested in running a CYS style game, I would be willing to help balance and create and review.

16. Sloth

Lyrium and I headbutt?

17. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

I will leave this thread stickied until BatMafia begins, at which point I will unstick it. Thank you to all the players for playing, and congratulations again to LL for winning.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Hmmm. I really need to work on my UTRNess. It's a null tell for me but it gets me in trouble mid game regardless of alignment.

19. Sloth

UTRNess? /learning-mode

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Under the Radarness.