1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Seventh Horcrux by Emerald Ashes (HP AU)

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Tutorial Boss, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

So-so chapter.

Voldemort vs. Harrymort next chapter is where it gets interesting.

2. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I really enjoyed the story.

I laughed out loud at least once per chapter on average, which means it does better than most humor fics. It has some problems, some jokes fall flat, but that is the case with all comedy.
    It's a 5/5 from me.
    (It also updated again with the end of 4th year.)

3. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

Great humor/crack. Harrymort hits all my spots with his blatant arrogance and hypocrisy and wrong, but completely logical conclusions. The fic doesn't have bashing in the narrative" It even has a plot!

On the downside, the fics pretty much forgettable. Then again, most are.

4/5

4. Lium

Lium First Year

I found this exceptionally humorous. 4.5/5

5. Great Grey Shrike

Great Grey Shrike Squib

I found the first couple chapters were mediocre (maybe ~2/5 material) but the writing improved a lot and later chapters have been solid 4/5 or 5/5 material overall. The author really hadn't found as good a tone for his protagonist early on.

As it stands at present, I rate the whole thing a solid 4, but if it keeps on increasing in length at the present quality I'd say it will likely reach 5 overall quality.

6. Mock Moniker

Mock Moniker Professor

I really like this fic. It might not be as excellent as some other stories, but for a humor fic it's 5/5, rounding up a bit.

7. Knoq

Knoq Temporarily Banhammered

This has to be the best Troll!Voldemort since "Yes, I am Harry's Brother" by Ynyr. 5/5 for humor and apparent originality.

EDIT:The Author has clearly assimilated into Spacebattles culture. Behold, a terrible pun.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  8. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Squib

I'd give this a solid 4/5.

I haven't laughed this hard since A Black Comedy. It takes a fair bit for a story to actually make me bust a gut, but here I am. The story has its flaws. Sometimes it doesn't take itself seriously enough, or it leans on the fourth wall more than I'd prefer.

In particular I was rather disappointed by how it's become obvious that the rest of the world really is insane or unbalanced. I quite enjoyed Harrymort being such an unreliable narrator that you aren't sure whether Harrymort is being paranoid or if people really are out to get him, are acting in a reasonable manner from their perspective, or are just being their canon selves. I was willing to go along with buying into Lockhart's competence, simply because Harrymort has such a distorted frame of reference for what is possible or even just reasonable. For a while I had a real feeling of the world just happening to fall into place in a hysterical manner.

But sometimes, it feels like the world is twisted into a pretzel in order to facilitate the comedy. The best way i can describe it is by comparing it to the chick or the egg scenario. Which comes first, the world makes the punchline, or the punchline makes the world. I prefer the first, or to at least feel like this is so. Even in crack, the story should be internally consistent.

But despite the mishaps encountered, the story hits more than it misses. It's also still updating.

It may not be perfect, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine and I'd like some more.

9. richardl

richardl First Year

10. Gene

Gene Third Year

I'm enjoying it.

11. Callagan

Callagan Fourth Year

12. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

She tied it up as well as it could be tied up. I think that while I enjoyed it, I have a hard time picturing Voldemort the way she presents him in the crack/comedy side of things. Otherwise, +1 for finishing it, and for the ending.

13. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Seventh Horcrux by Emerald Ashes - T

Title:Seventh Horcrux
    Author:Emerald Ashes
    Rating:T
    Genre:Humor/Parody
    Library Category:Humor
    Pairings:N/A
    Summary:The presence of a foreign soul may have unexpected side effects on a growing child. I am Lord Volde...Harry Potter. I'm Harry Potter. In which Harry is insane, Hermione is a Dark Lady-in-training, Ginny is a minion, and Ron is confused.
    Link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10677106/1/Seventh-Horcrux

Essentially this story is crack and parody, but it has been the most humorous read I have had in sometime.

Harry Potter doesn't really exist, it is just an insane Voldemort Horcrux inside of Harry's body. It's hard to give a decent summary of the fic because it can be quite crackish, but depending on your humor this fic is a blast.

14. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  15. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

16. Finite

Finite Muggle

=(

21 month lurking spree broken. Since I've corrected somebody's mistake, does this make me a full-fledged member? Or do I need more curse words and an almost comical rage to go along with it?

Perhaps some creepy incestuous desires as well if that alone doesn't initiate me.

But anyways, the story has some pretty excellent humor. The gag in fourth year where Harrymort explains the three fundamental characteristics of each house was the best part for me, particularly this line (makes no sense out of context, but ya):

"No, Ron. That would be stupid. Slytherin was obviously a Ravenclaw," I said. I have no clue where he gets these ideas.

Made me lol. 4.5/5 from me.

e: ninja'd -- lel kill me and use my intestines 2 jumprope, or alternatively can a monitor delete diz post (since for some reason... i can't?) and pretend i nevr existed like i always have been doing ;-;

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  17. TheLastWanderer

TheLastWanderer First Year

18. Knoq

Knoq Temporarily Banhammered

Just find somebodies opinion, and shit on it.:D

BTW, I am going to report the thread so that mods can merge/lock/whatever. Nothing bad though.

I think omakes are still being written though.

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    No, the omakes have been done (on spacebattles) for over a month, now. Fic's finished, he's just releasing it slowly to FFN.

20. dveth

dveth Squib

I really liked this story for what it is. While I would have preferred Harry/Voldemort to be more effective and powerful, it was still one of the funniest stories I've read, and it remained interesting. Despite its fairly unsatisfying conclusion, I'm still glad I read it.