1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Death Eater Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Carmine, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I've read one where Dumbledore cast a spell to insure Lily and James paid slightly more attention to the actual boy-who-lived, but magic being apparently in an odd mood it let the spell mutate to such an extent where they ignored and outright neglected Harry and his younger sister, leading to the latter's death. That particular cringeworthy element of the fic aside, it had some pretty neat stuff to it, but overall I'd classify it as a guilty pleasure than anything else.

I wonder how this author came up with the name Skylar.

And why? Why would anyone name an actual boy Skylar?

Edit: Good Lord, I just started going through the first chapter, and Dumbledore just telling Lily and James how they were gonna have to relocate to Hogsmeade, to be closer for his protection, and Skylar's training, while Harry was being shipped off to the Dursleys, with Lily just nodding... how the fuck can you even begin to consider this fic any good?

Edit the Second: I just barely made it to the end of the 6th chapter where I found the following:

Fuck, I didn't know this was a Sonic crossover.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Tried reading, but it's just the generic hated by the Potters, mistreated at an orphanage and then adopted by Voldemort, all people that aren't in Slytherin are one dimensional rage machines that get verbally smack-downed by an 11 year old child.

Made it up to the Diagon Alley shopping chapter before Hogwarts, I couldn't progress any more.

3. Redsayn

Redsayn Slug Club Member

True enough, and I admit that they're OOC, but if you ignore it for now, and move on with the story, you can tell that they DO regret it later on.
    Also, because this is going to come up in some comments, I should note that people can be one dimensional and stuff like that, and the Light are the bad guys, but this is from the BAD GUYS POV! James and Lily aren't complete gits, Dumbledore's not manipulative. The worst ones are the kids, but that's the thing. THEY ARE KIDS! As the story progresses, they become more human, and it's not like ' all of Harry's friends are Death Eaters'. One of them actually joins the Light!
    I won't tell you which, 'cause that would be spoilers. :)
    On a kinda-similar note, Harry isn't a Gary Stu, he's powerful, but Dumbledore beats them in there first duel.

---------- Post automerged at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I admit that it was hard for me to continue after that, and I did drop what I was holding, but *looks around in desperation* THEY REGRET IT!
    Later on...
    After ***** kills **********...
    And James ***** *****...
    Ok he's a asshole BUT the characters get fleshed out later...
    You have to read to understand, just know that the characters, though b******s, are human, and it shows!
    Oh, and for naming him Skylar. Well, in the Wizarding World there's a family called Longbottom! This can't be that weird if no one raises a eyebrow at that kinda last name. Plus... Draco was named Draco 'cause it mean Dragon who cares about a name in the Wizarding World?

4. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Skylar is the wife of a meth kingpin, not a English boy.

5. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Nah, she's Skyler White, not Skylar, but close enough.

6. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Redsayn. You're not the first to recommend a shit guilty pleasure fic to DLP, nor shall you be the last. :p

7. Media-truck

Media-truck Banned

Basically all I can think are said...

But, there's this one that's function title I can't remember. I was searching it like a mad. (That's how I found this conversation) but It seems like it could have been deleted(?) Or I have just scrolled away from it, without realising.

It was a story from harry who on his fourth year at the grave yard begs for Voldemort not to kill him. And Voldemort ends up giving him the dark mark and letting harry go back to Hogwarts.

The fanfic should be found from ao3 and if you decide to search for it and end up finding it. Please contact me. ANYONE!!!!