1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I'd forgotten almost everything about it save the description I gave. You're completely right. It is quite unoriginal and sticks too closely to canon. I guess it was just a half-assed memory causing me to think it might be worth rereading.

2. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

If you can get past the other useless stuff I crammed into that story. Still proud of alcoholic!Dumbledore though.

3. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

I'm looking for an older fic in which Harry and Voldemort go through a romp in time? to try and save the wizarding world and find out that that they're doomed to nonexistence. At the end they have tea as a pointless act to end all pointless acts. :sherlock:

4. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Follow the Phoenix has a pretty good version of almost every character in the world, with no bashing - big plus for me. But her Dumbledore is great.

It's plagued with a bit of emo!Harry in it for a bit at first, but just plow through it. It's not bad.

5. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Hermione-centric story - Alternate universe where Salazar Slytherin defeated Godric Gryffindor. The results is a dystopian society with the cast system in place ('Badgers' being the lowest caste). 'Mudbloods' are kidnapped and re-educated in a school led by Dolores Umbridge, their parents Obliviated.

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

7. Harry_J_Potter

Harry_J_Potter Second Year

So I didn't bookmark the story and don't remember the name of the story nor the author,

Basically When Harry dies he wakes up back at Dursley's, who are all nice to him and no magic exists. He begins to question himself if he dreamt all of this. He later on in life starts to meet all his past friends, who never knew him.

Does anyone know of the story? I believe it was somewhere on the forums mentioned, don't remember where

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

This is going to be a tough one.

I can't remember anything about the fic except for one climactic scene. It was a battle in the Chamber of Secrets. A few people were involved. I think Harry was in Slytherin because some of the older Slytherins were there - Montague, maybe? The vibe I recall from the other Slytherins being there is that you're supposed to wonder if they're going to side with Harry, and they do.

It gets really dark and there's a huge battle. A couple kids die, someone loses a limb I think. I can barely recall it - for some reason I just flashed onto it as I was getting ready for bed.

9. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I think Tracey was the one that died? And she was one of his closer friends? And maybe Blaise lost a limb?

Rings some bells, no names though.

10. Stan

Stan Order Member

Sitra Ahra?

11. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Yeah, that's sitra ahra for sure. I think it was Flint being protective of his young quidditch protege and some older Yaxley girl, and a couple kids in Harry's year. Been awhile since I read it.

12. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

Sitra Ahra? The "realm of evil" form the Kabbala? An interesting story title.

13. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

There's probably a 50/50 chance that VotN just named it after the Therion song, rather than taking the name from the source material.

14. Damask

Damask Seventh Year

I'm looking for a fic that I might have read here in the WbA, and might well be unfinished. It's an AU fic where, if I recall correctly, the Hogwarts Houses had their own villages/locations instead of being part of the same castle, and the whole setting was more medieval than canon. I think it included a scene where Harry & co. encountered some kids from Slytherin. I can't remember anything more than that about it, sorry -- not even the names of the villages, otherwise I'd have found it already via Search. (The Ravenclaw village was named something rather obvious, like Ravenswood or somesuch...)

15. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Yeah I think that's the one I wrote here. A proof of concept little oneshot way using the worldbuilding for an ASOIAF-y plot. Had more ideas for it, might one day hit it again. Good times.

16. Damask

Damask Seventh Year

Thanks, that would be the one. (I didn't actually know for sure until I noticed my own thumbs-up at the bottom of the story post, left there from who-knows-how long ago...)

17. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Is that the fic where

brains get liquified and then from them some kind of mind control potion is made?

18. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

Is there a fic that has a horcrux Lily made, found by Harry early on? I've heard about it, but didn't get a link.

19. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Humorous fic when Weasley Twins decided during GoF that Draco Malfoy is too pathetic to be Harry Potter's 'ultimate rival' and decided to replace him.

20. DC

DC Groundskeeper

I'm looking for a very old fic here. I don't remember all the details, but it involved Harry and Draco (don't run away, there's no slash) either pushed back in time, or Harry being sent somewhere else and befriending Draco, or something along that line. The two of them have to travel together to some place or the other, taking turns to write in Voldemort's diary horcrux. That's what I really remember about it - I really liked the story, even though it was boring at parts. I think Draco got more and more influenced by the diary as time passed.

I have a sneaky feeling it's Barb's work.

Edit: Found it. Is PS Trilogy story 2.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015