1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Phoenix Rising

That it? Looks like it meets your criteria from a skim.

2. dan11

dan11 Squib

Anyways guys can u pls recommend post HG - H/hr fics ? I wud like it if they had good plot n ends with H/hr although in start it sud be H/any others . UNrequited love .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. Gurukid

Gurukid Third Year

Definitely not it. That was cringe-worthy. I think someone took the original author's idea, butchered it spectacularly, and the result was this fic. You're right that it meets a lot of the criteria, but I definitely remember that the quality of the original author's writing was top-notch. Thanks for trying though man.

4. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

This would probably be better off as a new thread. The swath of fics this covers is too broad for this thread. Look at the original post for the rules for this thread.

5. dan11

dan11 Squib

okay n wud do that

6. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Are you trolling

7. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

It's ringing bells like a fucking five-alarm fire. I know I've read this, but can't even begin to remember where I found it. Give me a couple of days while deep memories percolate up into something I can recall.

8. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

I cannot even remember if it was good of bad, but it consisted of Harry getting stuck in a time loop. At first, he freaked out. Then, he started enjoying the loop and going out on different dates. The author seemed to be pushing H/Hr though. Near the end, while Harry investigated how to end the loop, he was killed by Draco, who seemed to be on a constant loop as well. I also remember a constant sunset scene followed by Harry bumping into Luna

9. theminikiller

theminikiller Third Year

Is it https://m.fanfiction.net/s/826742/1/The-Order-of-the-Phoenix? I at least think it was something similar.

10. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I'm having trouble remembering a certain story. It was a Harmony fic, but with all kinds of weird time travel/alt!reality nonsense at play. Featured an adult Hermione and a DH!Harry, I think, and I'm pretty sure one of their POVs was given in a flashback kind of format. I don't remember much, aside from Harry walking around with all three Hallows and looking kinda silly because he had the cloak covering up everything but his head. I also feel like Hermione's plotline had something to do with the DoM- the brains or the time turner room, maybe?

And then there was this weird scene where DH!Harry meets Adult!Hermione and they sex each other up, after which one of them dissolves into nonexistence I'm pretty sure.

It was a weird story, but pretty compelling at the same time.

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm only about 75% sure about this, but you could be thinking of this one:

12. Striker

Not quite, though that's a lot closer than I was expecting. It was only one alternate reality (if it was an alt!reality at all) and it was presented as a mystery from Hermione's point of view. And it was definitely an older Hermione and a DH!Harry.

13. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

I've been trying to remember a story--I can only recall one scene, and I just want to know which story it came from, it's driving me nuts.

Luna is getting picked on by some students. Neville stands up for her, and the bullies go away. Luna gets a contemplative look on her face and Harry overhears her mutter to herself about how she wouldn't have to change her initials.

Does it ring any bells for anyone?

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Rings a bell for me. I'm 90% sure it's from one of the big Peggy-Sue time travel fics; either Nightmares of Futures Past or Backwards With Purpose

15. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

16. IAmJustAnotherGuy

IAmJustAnotherGuy Seventh Year

I think you are talking about Time is the Fire

17. Striker

Yaaaasssssssss

18. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Thank you very much, been wondering. If I remember correctly though, that story had a ton of character bashing and then Harry built a TARDIS, so probably won't read it again. I think that's the one at least.

19. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

HP story with Daphne/Harry pairing.
    -) Dursleys treat Harry with indifference instead of abuse because Dumbledore is keeping an eye on them.
    -) Daphne is obsessed by the Mirror of Erised.
    -) Harry learns Patronus charm from Flitwick but struggles with finding a happy memory to power it.
    -) Daphne sees Snape's memories after his death and learns that he was a spy and killed Dumbledore at his request, but doesn't tell Harry because she doesn't want him to feel guilty.

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Uh... I think you are thinking of another fic completely. This fic is old, but doesn't have any bashing that I remember, nor anything about a TARDIS