1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

E3 2015

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by KHAAAAAAAN!!, May 27, 2015.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How did you miss MS basically pulling a 'used games' skit on Sony?

The 'we're not charging you for used games' is a direct shot at PS now'. That's good. Hopefully Sony will let us stream games for free if we already own them, charge us for the rest.

/swoon KH3 was glorious

2. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Didn't see the actual FF7 trailer until just now, and holy bejesus, what am I supposed to do with my life until it comes out?

Maybe by the time we're done with FF15 we'll have a date for the remake.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    For Honor looks pretty damn awesome.

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've never owned a console of any kind, so most of the news slips by me. I didn't catch that. Still, if MS needs to take potshots at Sony just to have something to say, they apparently suck.

Besides, the whole conference was basically guests from other companies talking about their games being exclusive to Xbox (and PC in some cases). They really only had 3 things to say for themselves over almost 2 hrs: backwards compatibility, GoW4 and Halo5. And Halo wasn't even big news. The gameplay they showed was nothing spectacular and we've known for months it was coming.

Even EA had more to say despite spending 15 fucking minutes fanboying over Pele and FIFA 16. And I just remembered, when the guy said how everyone is excited about the new Madden and the audience barely made a sound. Golden.

5. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

Jesus, Nintendo. Worst E3 conference by far.

What is wrong with Japanese people? Why has their taste in gaming degenerated so much?

Of course there are some great games still being developed there, but I feel like they're all more popular in the West than in Japan.

6. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Starfox looked awesome.

7. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

It's because the market in Japan is apparently heading towards mobile games pretty hardcore.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Wait, GoW4? What?

9. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

You think so? I found it underwhelming. It didn't look up to 2015 gaming standards to me.

And that Metroid game looks retarded. I remember playing Super Metroid on SNES and fucking loving it. It was tense and dark, the music was cool, the graphics were really good for the time, and the gameplay was a lot of fun. But Metroid hasn't once reached that level ever since. Personally I think it deserves a serious reboot. I only wish it could be on a platform like the PS4 instead of anything Nintendo.

Back in the SNES and N64 days, I feel like Nintendo games weren't nearly as childish as they tend to be today.

I just hope the open world Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem will all be good, and more games in their mould will then follow.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    E3 gameplay

11. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I don't really care about modern gaming standards. In fact, most of the games at the other conference just bored me.

Starfox Zero looked like a prettier SF64 - bright, on-rails shooter with fun gameplay mechanics. That's exactly what I wanted.

12. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    For a minute I thought this meant God of War 4 and was excited. The disappointment is crushing :(

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    Lol, sorry dude.

14. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

In that case, fair enough.

15. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Even knowing all the shit they removed, I'm still somewhat impressed with Battlefront.

16. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

Indeed. It's graphically amazing, and the attention to detail in making everything look authentic is really impressive. It really looks like Star Wars, not like a game approximating Star Wars. It's a first day purchase for me.

The games I'm most excited about so far are: Star Wars Battlefront, Fallout 4, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Doom, and Final Fantasy VII Remake. There are some others I'm interested in, but those in the list are the ones I'm more likely to buy.

I never played the Kingdom Hearts games, and they seem a bit kiddy to me, but everyone is going bonkers about Kingdom Hearts III, so I might give it a try.

17. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Battlefront will have Co-Op? Finally a Co-Op game I can play on my PS4 (hopefully).

18. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

Is there any articles out there detailing For Honors game mechanics? From the preview it looked like sweet old school sword technique fighting. But it also seems to have a meta battlefield gaming aspect as well.

Sign. Me. Up.

19. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Other than Destiny? o_O (or do you mean local?)

I'll give you something, the Warlock sith lightning looked pretty fucking badass. I'll wait to see if they address my biggest issues though.

Battlefront has singleplayer (co-op with AI vs AI) too, I've not seen anything intricately detailing these yet though. I imagine you'll be playing out famous battles from canon though? I guess?

Everyone will be going hands on this week, so r should be getting detailed write ups.

As for Metroid, go play Axiom Verge on ps4. If you don't mind pixel art (understandable if you don't), it's essentially a love letter to Super Metroid. Came out a couple months ago.

Shenmue is almost at $3m. I'm...not even sure what this means. Pretty sure the original cost $70m... 16 years ago (that might include marketing).

Update: Derp. Seems Sony just said they're partnering and supporting it with their Third Party Productions division 'all the way', despite what they seemed to say during the conference.

20. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Pretty sure that this Kickstarter is more or less a PR idea and a way for Sony to gauge the real interest for the game (+gain a loyal and most likely vocal playerbase years/months before the game appears). After all Sony is behind the development team and finances the whole thing.