1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Narutomafia - Signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Fluffiness, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sooooo .. i think i got recruited. I know two ppl in this game and want to play with them!

Havent rly setup my account yet .. everything still looks bland. have to change that soon.

I do have Mafia experience but no forumgame experience (have read some games but this would be my first time playing) .. and i read the whole manga (not sure if that part matters).

Yeah thats a start .. let me in pretty please.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

AAAAHHH

/ten

---------- Post automerged at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Sloth, you've been in the middle of moving for like three years now.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Make roleplaying a necessary part of the game and I'll agree to play :p

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I agree to not make roleplaying the basis of a lynch.. well not a Day 1 lynch.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Cool, signs of life. Join in everyone!!
    Kalas, I just want to say your signature is basically my inspiration for actually going from lurker to actually playing mafia.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm very interested in playing, but I'm a complete neophyte. Didn't know what mafia was until a couple months ago, and have never played. The 2+2 world championship thing was interesting enough that I followed along and read the entirety of Game 1 (the one Fonti was in), and kinda skimmed/browsed the rest of the games. Also I read the entirety of last year's championship game, because holy hell, talk about drama.

I think I have a handle on the various terms and such, but from what I can tell, a large game where everyone has a role and there are no flips probably isn't a great idea for my first mafia game ever.

Anyway, I'll play if people are okay with an extreme beginner, but I'm happy to just keep lurking as well.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

We'd love to have you.

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

It's been a while and I was never much good anyway, but I was thinking about playing Mafia the other day and I do have a bit of free time this summer. I'll hop in too, if you'll have me.

9. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

Yes, I'm still here, still interested, though in about two weeks I'll be a little occupied moving.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Just a note, might be worth having everyone confirm when a start date is announced to ensure it starts smoothly

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Some questions about the setup - apologies in advance if some of these are stupid obvious.

At all times, or only during certain phases?

Poison = kill? Also, the way I read the second sentence, once he starts poisoning, once he's poisoned someone and then stops, he can't start back up again. Is that correct?

What does this mean? I thought the scum team collectively decides who they're going to kill.

Again, is that restricted by phases at all?

How does this work if there are no flips? Do you get a PM from the mod when this happens?

Does this happen "in the open"?

Visit = use power on?

Self-targeting allowed? If so, what would happen if he then used his power on himself, twice, on the next night? I'm aware that this is a stupid munchkin question.

The way I read this, if she doesn't send slugs on the first night, she can't send them ever. Also, regarding poison - if a vaccinated person or the role I'm quoting gets targeted by the poisoner, do they get a message to that effect?

On deaths in general - when they happen, is the method of death revealed?

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

1. The scum team may communicate with each other at all times.

2. Yes, poison=kill. Orochimaru, can try to poison as many people as he wants each night, but when he decides to stop, or guesses wrong, he stops guessing for the night. He can still poison following nights though.

3. The scum team collectively decides who to kill each night. Deciding who is sent only matters in regards to Neji's Kaiten.

4. If Naruto checks Hinata, they gain a QT at the beginning of the Day phase. This chat remains open at all times till one of them dies.

5. At the beginning of Night, if there were two consecutive mislynches, Sai gets a PM from the mod informing him that he can use his power. He has till the end of Night to decide his target.

6. If Danzo uses his power, it will be obvious, since someone would have been lynched without majority.

7. Visits for Neji's Kaiten: Scum kill, Tobi's kill, all role abilities that target another living player (except Tsunade's). This includes Orochimaru's poison.

8. You're right, I overlooked that. Chouji, like Sakura may not intentionally visit himself.

9. Yes, that was kludgy writing. I'm changing and simplifying it to: whenever Tsunade does not have a partner, she may send out her slugs to a person, creating a QT where they may communicate.

10. No, vaccinated people are not informed when someone attempts to poison them.

11. Two different methods of death are revealed. There is a distinction between Sarutobi's kill and the poison/NK/Tobi/Sai kill.The last four are all considered the same.

Example messenges:
    Yolanda has died, and summoned the Shinigami to take Xanthippe with her.
    Yolanda has died in the night.

13. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

I can has obs?

That seems like an exaggeration. I've been planning it for a year, but I've only started looking for places this month.

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

(shameless bump)
    We still need four more players. Anybody else?

Maybe... blab, Luckylee, Qgqqqqq, Riley, TerRaine, Titus?

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sure, I feel like a game. What're the rules?

Not committing yet, to be clear.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

I think I saw my name somewhere.

Ooh this is a signup thread.

/in

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

SUBMIT

rules are in the first post?

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Was hoping for a bit of a summary, but never mind.

Sure, I'll play.

I'd like to emphasize this:

Which I found a bit of a problem last game.

What is the length of days, if no majority is reached?

Edit: Oh, and I still don't like the mechanism which can reveal scum players but doesn't kill them. IMO they ought to die, the situation we had in Batmafia was just a bit silly, and I can see it happening again.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

2 more needed.