1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

TMNT, Why does interacting with someone scummy look scummy to you?

2. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

It doesn't really, but I don't really have much else to base my opinions on yet and only about half the participants have posted. What I mean by those being my scum reads is that those are the people who I'm watching the closest right now.

3. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

What about Titus' posts thus far seems like her town play to you? And which game did you read?

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You don't even know me anymore fontisian

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, I had a pretty massive phone writeup and I lost it when posting, and now I'm a little pressed for time.

Key points:
    -no doubt, with the poisoner scum role, we have to be careful to not actually discuss or hint at roles. I don't think anybody is suggesting that. Agree w/ Titus here.

-what I don't agree with, and don't know if we were simply talking past one another or if Titus is purposely not doing so, is the reticence to discuss non specific setup stuff (looking at what's been posted since I lost my post, Titus simply doesn't want to do that). The early game is difficult for the precise reason that as town we don't have much significant to analyze, so we grope blindly till we have something. Why not, especially in a game with some newbies, fill that time with posting/discussing something on the order of what fonti posted? To me, that seems like a scummy move to take advantage of a trickier setup (no flips, all with roles) to try to set up mechanical mistakes.

So, that being said, I think for now I'm going to

Vote: Titus

I know that we have different posting/play styles from seeing you play before, which was why I said that you felt a little town to me earlier, but on the sober reread this morning I don't care for your interactions with Math. I could definitely see your interaction with Math being scum team distancing.

The rest was just spec on others, but it boils down to so far I like Newcomb for town, fonti for slight, slight town, Titus for scum, Math for scum, and indifference to most of the rest so far. Don't like that TMNT mentioned 3rd party, that seems like a classic distraction. Will be watching him. Snowvon is trying to ask questions and promote discussion, which I like, but I'm wary of it being a smokescreen, because he's not actually saying much. Watching him too. And... think that's about it. Gotta run, but I'll be checking on my phone. Will likely be able to make short posts, if anybody has anything they want to ask me, etc

---------- Post automerged at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Gonna catch this before I go. Kinda covered this in my post, but I was mostly liking her for town because I have difficulty parsing her thought process (but I always have. Skimmed some of her early DLP games, I'll look up which exactly later), but nothing scummy was sticking put. Really thought she was just misunderstanding what I/presumably Newcomb was talking about. After she further just said she was purposely avoiding it, it seems scummy. And once in that lens, the interaction with my other scum read, Math, makes them both look more suspicious to me.

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

And you decided to be the 4th on a wagon in the opening 15 hours of a week long Day with that logic??

Xanidel: I haven't but I have doubts about you, your doing that thing again...

re: Mathblade: Her tendency to show leniency to new players isn't a new thing, so I don't really rate it as a tell.

---------- Post automerged at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Also TMNT, you realize 14 of 17 players in the game have posted right, 12 of them multiple times, right? Or is there a reason you're focused on the ones who haven't yet??

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

EBWOP: Two "rights" make a wrong for grammar purposes, sorry all.

7. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

The Waco Kid

I hadn't actually realized that many people had played @.@ It just felt like less. As for my vote though, why wouldn't I put it there? I'll move it if I need to or if a better target comes up, but for now it's fine where it is.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You don't know me. You don't know my life.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

In the paraphrased words of Guy B. I was doing my civic duty.

http://hulu.com/w/OPSL

Now that it is done it is time to get our bravado on and be courageous and find the scum. (Translation: Got drunk over the weekend yay! Snowvon did his fluffiness in pointing it out and now it is time to read wall this game. Read wall coming in a bit!)

10. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Wait, Banks haven't made 50 posts yet?

Vote: Banks

---------- Post automerged at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

I kind of slightly like Jan, Fonti, Von and Newcomb from early interactions.

Newcomb seems generally interested in figuring out how to not mess up too badly. If he had a scumteam I feel like he(?)'d have discussed it with them instead of coming out early asking questions about it.

Jan made some good and wellthought out points about mechanical play, might be fairly easy points, but he put them out there for town to see.

Von asked some very direct and good questions.

Fonti is only a very slight lean atm, but I liked the contents of her post, and the way she went about it.

---------- Post automerged at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

"Can only be watched from inside the US" :'(

11. Titus

Titus Squib

@Thyphon, I love how you walked back your response "skimmed" but you never answer his questions about which games you skimmed. If you had skimmed the games, you would know that I have about 30-40 games under my belt on varying sites and I behave differently based on setup.

Second, you agree with my stance on not step speculating, but vote me for being hard to understand about it. Yet you know hard to understand is my default town position. Doubly so when I have to hide things.

Pozzai, Banks is new to me. Why should I be worried that he does not have 50 posts?

12. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Banks is a very experienced mafia player(both forum and video) and he likes talking/posting a lot, even when noone is answering he starts talking to himself.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

That cus you don't live in the Village of Leaf like me eh?

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's totally what I was looking for.

Titus, I feel kind of bad about our interaction - I don't think I was making myself clear about what I was asking about. Saying stuff like "don't bother vaccinating me" is specific roletalk, whereas what I was talking about was setup talk - like, without reference to this game specifically, how might a random group of town players use their roles most effectively and how might the scumteam's powers be marginalized?

Anyway, fonti, that was super helpful. My instinct is to townread you for the clarity of that post, but I read Game 1 and Game 6, so I'll stick with "overwhelming paranoia" for now.

So given Typhoon's thoughts line up with mine as well, I'm going to assume that it's protown to talk about the setup (again, without specific reference to this game).

I'll type up my thoughts on the roles. MAINLY I'm interested in people pointing out where I got things wrong, like "no that power doesn't actually work like that," because I'm going to base some of my views about this game on the way I understand the roles to interact and I want to really, really know my stuff there.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Interesting so many of you are scum-reading Titus, because as of right now I'm leaning town on her. For once.

Not that scum-reading her the past few games I've played with her were me reading her incorrectly, because if I recall correctly he was 3rd-party a lot lately.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

She* was 3rd part a lot lately. Blast

---------- Post automerged at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

Unofficial Citrus Count 1.1
    ------------------------------
    Mathblade (4): Snowvon, Titus, Qqqqqq, TMNTurtwig
    Banks (2): Jan, Pozzai
    Snowvon (1): The Waco Kid
    Zenzao (1): Mathblade
    Fontisian (1): Citrus
    Citrus (1): Fontisian
    Titus (1): Typhon

Hmm, turns out it was just Typhon voting Titus.

Let's see. I like Atum as town right now, in addition to Titus.

---------- Post automerged at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Adding Newcomb to the list.

That makes Newcomb, Titus, and Atum players that I'm leaning town on.

Apologies for my spammy posting style for those who don't know me, I'm a little more liberal with posting on this site due to the auto-merger

16. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Care to expand on Titus and Atum?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Slight townread on Snowvon, but a weaker one than for Newcomb/Titus/Atum. Mainly for his comment to Mathblade concerning her approach to herself/Titus.

Unvote

Vote: TMNTurtwig

I don't really like this post. Primarily scum-reads/third party-reads as opposed to town-reads, setting up for being wrong "nothing set in stone".

TMNTurtwig, can you explain more in depth what you meant by Snowvon/Zenzao/Titus seem scummy via interactions with Mathblade? Especially in context of your scum-reading her the hardest and voting her?

Also, what's your general playstyle for solving the game?

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Atum's bouncing around a lot with his vote, and the earlier placements of it were pretty light-hearted. It also strikes me as pretty similar to how he's opened in other games as town (granted wine, but still).

Titus opened up fairly seriously, and in a way that would end RVS sooner. Part of this is also gut - my past few games with her my gut has been she was scum, and this is the first game in awhile (3+) in which my gut is leaning town on her, at least for the first almost IRL day of the game

18. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Okay, thank you.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Citrus I didn't like that post either. "Nothing set in stone" should go without saying at this point. If you say it, it really reads like you're just trying to keep your options open.

That being said, could you help me read you better by explaining that short convo you had with fonti? Is that a normal kind of interaction for the two of you? Because to me it reads very "inside baseball."

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I actually dislike TMNT as well, but for different reasons.
    1. The line about third parties. I find third party hunting, especially in a setup like this where the third party isn't that much of a threat to town, comes more commonly from scum who want to feel productive than from town.

2.This:
    feels like TMNT is trying to excuse himself from providing content and committing to his reads.

Citrus gets a gold star for his vote. It can be cashed in for one (1) light townread at a later date.

Unvote
    Vote: TMNTurtwig