1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

dont think it is overwhelmng .. just some getting used to .. i do think i can go all out starting thursday (maybe wednesday night if i am not that tired), shouldnt be a problem by then.
    Not completly sure about how to best get reads .. so it is mostly .. do i think about something in a similar way than the other people, do they have really good points that i somehow missed and how wrong do ppl feel according to my gut.
    I dont think i have played towny or scummie up to this point .. i had one premade post which is never allignment indicative .. a response when i was under pressure to leave for work and one big post .. that alone i could do as either allignment. i know i am trying to solve the game so that makes me towny (but i can also fake that easily as long as some town are scummy enough).

2. Banks

Banks Muggle

correct. Suffice it to say I'm aware of this and will be planning accordingly if my role is involved in some way. If not I will merely just be looking for the things I would do. Also possibly faking what I would do if I was one of those roles.

Onto important things pozzai how is your game going? Have you found the scum team yet? How nervous are you about being here?

---------- Post automerged at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

which post in the thread has been the most townie and the most scummie thus far?

3. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I've not yet adapted very well to the forum game, I've never been too great at reading into text and catch underlying feelings/motivations. I've always been the type of person when asked "what do you think the author meant by this" have stated "Well, if (s)he wanted to tell us something, I'm sure (s)he'd just have written that.

You should know me better than asking if I found the scum yet. I've never in video mafia been particular keen on calling people out for being scum, but rather find people I feel are town to hang out with.

In terms of nervousness, I feel much less nervous about role hand outs on forums than through slack, I don't have that heart in throat feeling when a pm is sent to me that I generally experience before a video mafia game.

I'm slightly intrigued about the Fonti pingout of me, and I hope she follows it up with some content and pressure later, I'm a bit disappointed she didn't and while I gave her a town lean early, her lack of followup if she honestly believed I had rolled scum, makes me lean her more mafia now.

I still like Von, Jan and Newcomb, and had I to choose, Fonti and TMNT would be the ones I'm most doubtful about.

With that said:

Unvote

Vote Fontisian

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This here is probably the towniest post of the game so far.

Scummiest need a new post since phone posting

5. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

If I understood your question about nervousness, feel free to rephrase it and ask it again.

---------- Post automerged at 00:09 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------
    Banks 10chars

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Scummiest post

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

i rly didnt like the two posts by titus i mentioned .. not sure if townslip or mafiaplay .. just made alarmbells ring and i am still hoping for ppl to give me any idea how common that is for her.

townie .. rly liked whoever pointed out the 3rd party thing by tmnt the first time(was it fonti? not sure amybe someone said it before her)
    also newcombs post before my first post (end of page 2 or something) because i think for me it felt similar to what i would think in his position - new enviroment & new game all at once.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

That is something Fonti does as town. She asks a question gets an answer and if she likes it she moves on. She hates it she pressures.

9. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Granted my experiences with her on forum mafia is limited, but I feel like she reacted differently in the one game I did play with her, or at least came with a comment in regards to the answer.

10. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I'm going to Unvote for now. I'm not convinced MathBlade is scum and my vote is pointless. I'd rather just abstain.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Newcomb you just reached the conclusion I wanted you to reach.

If Tsu can find the guy who knows the cop AND trusts them, he can work out code words with the cop. Then if Tsu hits Jin, they can have an innocous code word to pass back.

Also if Ion possesses Tsu, then we can start possibly having a lot of town hoods away from scum.

I was hoping you would keep that to your QT though as scum might figure out a way to counter.

---------- Post automerged at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Yeah, I got my distancing done but I cannot leave associations.

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Titus I really can't play that game. If you want me to reach a conclusion, just tell me. There can't possibly be so much wolf equity in a frank discussion of the setup that it's worth trying to be all cryptic and risk confusing me, which is what happened.

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Rereading, I don't really get Math's read on Newcomb. Especially here:
    I mean...so what? Does it really matter overmuch how the discussion gets going, so long that it does? Half the time the discussion gets going over someone misreading a joke vote.

I agree that Newcomb is giving off some newb!scum vibes, but IMO that's just the way he is approaching/playing this game. I remember reading the signup thread and thinking about how he'd probably approach mafia, and this is matching up to that thus far. The focus on setup, particularly, matches with that more analytical view, especially as he doesn't have all the past history to go on.

Xanidel, I really think you should get involved. I know there isn't much to go on, but it's always best to start producing/giving off reads. Unlike what people say, Day 1 really isn't a crapshot, even if there's less discussion, and it is the day where town is strongest.

14. Titus

Titus Squib

I can't because the more I say, the more scum can counter and the more role info they have.

It is worth being cryptic. You should look at Batmafia thread. People talked so we knew roles and countered.

Now scum will bolo for code words.

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    I'm not caught up, btw.

What does RVS mean?

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Random voting stage. It's where ppl vote for no reason to get the game going.

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    I don't like setup posts, but reading Newcombs made me realise that Naruto isn't a bad scum claim, if he dies. Except for the person who knows who he is...gah, I hate setup.

Anyway.

Yeah, generally it's supposed to be 50/50 scum/town, though IMO this setup is a bit more scum-favorable than normal.

Yeah, the Oru... role basically just means we can never claim roles. Which is kinda shitty, but also very necessary in a Open setup. Especially with no-flips.

---------- Post automerged at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

No, no, no. You were in Batmafia. You saw how the codewords, the subtexts, and all the crumbing screwed us over. That is NOT something we want to repeat. I don't remember the roles well enough to know which one's you're talking about, but tread very cautiously around code words.

Scrolls down...

Did you play a different game from me? In Batmafia, people talked. And talked and talked. And the scum worked out at least half of it and, more importantly, half the village was left confused, and we were led into a bunch of stupid lynches.

18. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I like you :) Good post this is. You need a recalibration on me but good post this is.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Which is why the code words get discussed in QT and are innocuous such as "if my first post is X letters long, I hit Jin tonight" but not discussed here.

There were no effective hoods in Batmafia and people were not coy like me

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

claims are fine in the right moment and right time (i wont tell you how and why for now because scum is listening) .. but this game wont be 100% in the dark .. that gives mafia way to many ways to counterclaim.

Have to sleep now .. wight write or read a little bit in 6 hours .. if not i should be back in 19 hours at latest (that is post work for me). and then i am back with a vengeance (no work for 3 days).