1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Okay this is ringing bells with some Batmafia posts brb to find them

2. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

I'm feeling pretty useless here. Nothing that's been posted is something I can dispute or support with any degree of confidence, and I don't know anyone well enough to get a read on them. For lack of a better idea I think I'm going to scour the wiki for new player tips for a while.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=779173#post779173

This is Titus scum wanting info for her group. I learned my lesson. She is trying to manipulate the situation to meet her needs. With the possession guy that the dead have they can easily manipulate her suggestion. It is just all kinds of bad.

Vote Titus

You are my top scumread now

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Titus

This is probably the thing I've agreed with most out of all the posts so far. Like I feel if town doesn't talk setup, we're going to come to different conclusions and be flailing around in the dark while scum is coordinated. Scum being able to observe setup talk just means we need to come up with things that they can't influence / counter.

TMNT that was like the 4th post you made talking about other games after you came back and found out you were a wagon. I'm curious what your thought process is here. You aren't really addressing people's concerns, which from my vantage point seem to be 1) Wolfy pop-in, and 2) When you did give reads you left yourself a ton of wiggle room. Saying you're not confident is one thing, but saying "these aren't set in stone" is straight-up giving yourself blanket permission to change them.

FWIW I'm with you here. That thought occurred to me too but in kind of a nebulous, half-formed way like "saying you don't know scum have daychat is weird."

Also could you (or anyone, I guess) define the acronym "DOB" in the context of Mafia?

Hi, Banks! I read all of Game 6 and I think you'll be fun to play with. Would it be bad form to ask you a question about that game? I think it'll help me read you but I'm not sure what etiquette is on bringing up other games.

How do you feel about theorycrafting the setup with me? I mean if this whole "first day, no info, anything could mean anytihng" vibe is kind of your jam, do you agree it would be more productive to talk about the setup?

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I tried that with fluffy, and then he forgot :/

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

dob = "dirty old basterd" a witchhunt character .. whenever he dies for some reason he can shoot/kill a person of his choice! pretty much the same as sarutobi role .. i think the fact this one penetrates all protectiong makes it a bit stronger .. but it is townsided so it doesnt matter that much (as long as it hits scum that is).

7. Titus

Titus Squib

MathBlade, I am pumping you for info by shutting down all setup talk. Let's try that again.

Newcombe, Town should disagree anyway. If we are hellbent on handing scum the game again by coordinating actions, we should determine the lynch first so at least scumhave less time to counter/get info and I an hope they are dumber than me.

---------- Post automerged at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Newcombe, if our actions are obvious, there would be zero need to discuss them.

8. Quiddity

High Score:
    Who needs confidence? :p

For a specific, what do you think of Titus?

9. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

It's Sarutobi in this case.

DOB is "Dirty Old Bastard" gets to shoot someone when he/she dies.

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Can't control for human error.

11. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

All the ninjaing.

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I am scum-reading Math because she's pinging the same way as the scum team in WH11, albeit she swapped into that around late D1/early D2. WH11 was a no-reveal.

And no.

Snowvon was the only vote on you when I started my post. In the interim of writing it Titus popped up. I voted you for explained reasons - and I freely admit that, as of my first post, I was done with RVS already. You were my top scumspect.

Nice try to put words into my mouth. Zenzao in contrast is stating things he has observed on Scum!Math behavior and, in reflection, should be expanding to scum-hunting the remainder of the team.

On that note I dislike Jan's reasoning for their opening post as stated in #42. Null lean.

Not all games have it. WH11, for example, did not provide the Scum with Daychat. But the rest of the games I've been a part of have included Daychat, and so does this game.

Snowvon... who has had, what, one interaction via vote? Titus and Math typically grate each other in my experience. And I'm on Math because of previously stated reasons, which you are, I believe, implying to be bussing.

We went through this in WH11. Snowvon know's my meta. Fonti backs this.

Poor choice of words. Nothing is concrete D1, let alone the beginning of D1. Needless distancing of yourself from your opinions here.

So instead of looking at what any of us have been saying about our Scumspect you say "Well I dunno but hey they're as good as anyone to mark out!" just to round out the Scum team. You're backtracking here.

As of now you're ranking rather high yourself.

Problem here is a newb coming off too intelligent about roll mechanics and the like. It can appear damning. Getting answers in-thread rather than from Scummates in their group QT resolves that, by and large.

Also, your vote isn't in bold.

There were zero hints of you being drunk that I saw short of you blatantly stating it after I and you had already interacted plenty.

Also, laughably wrong on me being calm. I tried being calm in WH11 and it was something of a disaster. I turned aggressive shortly thereafter. Endgames I came out one part defensive and one part aggressive, to little avail. CYS I was highly defensive.

Also, again, Math is not directly addressing me so much as the game as a whole in her responses, rather like in WH11 where she was Scum and I called her out on it repeatedly. Defensive > Aggressive or vice versa is my play style. The only time I played mildly on this site was in Bat2 to try and divert attention away from my behavior - do you really think I've been doing that here in this game so far?

+1.

What exactly was panicky about it? See below and define.

Really, panicky?

Your top Scumread being Newcomb at the time. Yet no vote. And now you're threatening to vote him.

I'm through to page 7 and I'm out of time in the moment. I'll be back via mobile later tonight.

13. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I did not say pumping me for info. I said manipulating the thread into setup spec being a good thing. There are too many souping roles for this to be a good idea.

Every bit of setup spec one does gives a bit of info towards your role and the mentality from which it comes from. It is an advantage I would rather not give scum.

14. Quiddity

High Score:
    Newcomb doesn't have an e at the end, Titus.

The issue is twofold - one, the value of analysing the setup can be limited, and two it doesn't give any reads on alignment. Scum, town and third can all analyse the setup equally well, so it doesn't give you alignment on the analyser (and can be a false positive in terms of recalling someone's contribution). Thus, it can distract from the more important matters of the game.

That's my biggest problem with your posts thus far, btw. You feel slightly disconnected from the game, with alignment reads coming out more as incidental to the rest of your analysis. Which is the wrong approach.

(Not that that's inherently scummy, just less helpful, and something I think you should try to switch away from.)

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Blah more defensive tunnel will rip apart later. Completely ignores current events.

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    Why would you quote a massive post when you're not even responding to it? FFS.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

Yeah this has zero semblance in reality. I'm steadfast against ANY setup discussion.

---------- Post automerged at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

This is role shorthand for those confused.

Tobi - SK
    Orochimaru - Riddler
    Kabuto - Backup Riddler + 2 shot Shaman
    Guren - Roleblocker + 1 shot redirector away from self
    Sasuke - Informed Godfather

The Leaf
    Naruto - Cop + Hinata Neighborizer
    Hinata - Acolyte (knows who Cop is)
    Jiraiya - Delayed Cassandra
    Ino- Town Posessor
    Sarutobi - DOB
    Kiba - Bulletproof
    Sai - Conditional Vig
    Sakura - Riddle Protector
    Danzo - Judge
    Neji - Town Redirector
    Chouji - Enabler
    Tsu - Neighborizer

18. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

You mean analyzing the game in a purely mechanical sense? Sure, I might be okay with that, I'd probably be a fair sight better at that than trying to figure out people.

A [not so] quick summary of Titus:
    11: Votes Math in response to a Newcomb claim and Zenz vote
    24: Advises Newcomb against discussing roles, reinforces 'awkward' Math
    34: As previous, promoting study of people over mechanical study
    44+46: As previous, warning that daychat allows concerted effort by scum to muddle the waters.
    50+52+57: Warning that talking about the setup can potentially give away your role, leading to death-by-poison
    59: Remains MathVote, but makes a Citrus claim
    71: Claims variable playstyle depending on gametype [will review past games to confirm]
    107+121+131: Switches vote to TMNT, claims of 'bussing' and 'distancing'
    171+176+179: Uses codewords in reference to roles, counter to opinion from 24-57, but referencing Batmafia [will review] as reasoning.
    197: Claims to be very against mechanics discussion, despite 171-179, returning to earlier stance.

As a whole, lately concerned with preventing mechanics discussion with Newcomb, with a side of voting for Math, Citrus, actively TMNT, and Newcomb. She has been voted for by Typhon on the reasoning that Titus is trying to prevent a cohesive understanding of the roles interactions, leading to town mistakes.

My feelings reduced to a number: 50/40/10% Scum/Town/Tobi.

[Sorry I'm such a slow poster]

19. Titus

Titus Squib

I never ever voted for Citrus. Nor would I want to as of now Xan.

20. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

No, you said you were okay with a Citrus vote, you may claim to change your mind [and may even be telling the truth], but the record is accurate as of that post.