1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Briefly skimmed through, just a quick note.
    Titus, that doesn't work. Check the setup again. Tsunade can only send slugs for a new partner when her old one dies, she can't setup code words then pull out and go for a new partner. The exception is if she loses her first partner then received the power to double slug, but please the chances are that.

Discussion on that plan is a waste of time, due to the above fact it's not possible

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Wrong. If she hits the acolyte, they die, then she hits Jin. Then, the cop would know the code word. Hence why the strategy depends on hitting the acolyte first.

@Xan, no I'm pretty sure I said I was ok with Citrus's vote, not that I was ok with voting Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Yes this is the post. I like my vote on Citrus but Citrus's vote is ok.

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Only if cop hit acolyte, that's hella low chances and it can be figured out in QT's should things go that way

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Yes. But there's low chance of anything in particular. If we're talking strategy, then everyone should be equipped with what do in the best worst and normal case scenario.

You and I both know that hoods are only as skilled as those who operate them.

5. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

Forgive my confusion, but it seemed clear you were talking to Font in both lines, as in 'but [Fonti's] Citrus vote is OK.' Perhaps it's a typo and you meant '...but Citrus, your vote is OK'?

6. Titus

Titus Squib

That makes sense why you're confused.

7. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm voting my top scumread and I'm actively asking him questions about the behavior that I find most scummy. I'm also reaching out to players like Banks and Jan who I haven't interacted with much. Not sure what else you want me to do.

And how are alignment reads not giving scum more info than mechanical analysis? Like if I post in the thread, "Player X seems like he's buddying me, slight scumread," isn't that a clear signal for scum!Player X to knock it off?

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Posting via mobile from work so please excuse typing errors

Mathblade: I'm leaning towards town on you, but I'm pretty sure the last time you told someone who was scum-reading you to "re-calibrate" their reads, you actually were scum.

Xanidel: #198 was a great post. You subsequent back-track to give Titus an out from your case was not.

I have to get back to work, will check in when I get home, in about 3 hours

9. Xanidel

Xanidel Squib

Waco: I'm fully aware Titus may simply be lying and didn't make a typo at all, but the possibility -however unlikely- remains. Perhaps actually asking instead of assuming scummyness was a mistake, but it's one I'll learn from.

Come to think of it, maybe I should do something like 198 for everyone rather than waffling on my inability to tell friend from foe. Does anyone keep notes like those to help you?

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Sure from your perspective. Are you new? I'd say go with whatever method works for keeping notes.

I generally don't keep notes but for vote counts but VCA is my shtick...

Catch is... this is flipless...

11. Newcomb

I found it helpful, Xanidel. Talking with Titus, for me, was like trying to talk to someone with my eyes closed and a loose bandana over my mouth. I feel like Titus's avatar should be that part of the Magic 8-Ball that comes up "answer unclear, try again later."

Anyway your post helped me kind of step back and clear up a few questions I had in my own mind about her play. I'm... really skeptical of it. It seems way more like it's pro-Titus than pro-Town.

Also - still want to theorycraft. I'm typing up something I came up with, should give us a starting point.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Newcomb you have balls. You are moving into null for using them. I disagree with the theory raft here.

In contrast Xanidel moves into Newcomb's spot because that exchange was bad.

I know I owe a Zenzao explanatory post but I am currently phone posting so it is harder to do that. The short version is "I disagree with what you said." But does nothing to scum hunt. He has his mind stuck in a loop.

The Waco kid -- it is quite possible that I used the same words. After each game I try to see what is different between the games and what was bad and good and try to gel it all together. I will take that as a compliment.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Newcomb, there is no distinction between Pro-Titus and pro town.

Think long and hard that you do not reveal anything about yourself.

14. Newcomb

MathBlade (and others who don't want us to theorycraft):

If we theorycraft only with respect to the setup, not talking about the players or what's been posted so far, but only saying things like "in a hypothetical game, could town do X?", how could that go bad? At worst it's null. Like if I propose some action, the worst it could be would be logically unsound, which people will point out. If it's logically sound and protown, scum can't really argue against it.

Like, do you agree that if the poisoner role didn't exist, town should massclaim D1? I mean that makes sense to me, but if it doesn't make sense, the reasons it doesn't make sense have nothing to do with the players in this game or what's gone on so far. Which is that makes theory talk interesting to me. I can get my head around it way easier than trying to figure out wtf Titus is doing, for example.

I'm willing to listen to people who want to shut down the theory talk, but I haven't heard a compelling reason yet.

What part of my posting since you scumread me was ballsy, by the way? I don't feel like I've done anything particularly ballsy. I hope it's not just that I'm coming around to your PoV on Titus...

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was on Titus from nearly the onset of Endgames, she turned out to be 3P. I saw suspicious behavior in Rubicon early on in Endgames, and he was Scum. I saw suspicious behavior in you in WH11, and lo and behold you were Scum.

I think I'll pull a note out of your own book in Bat2 and say that my gut tells me you're lying Scum. Start doing things to change that.

I will note that Titus is also acting more mildly than she usually does.

I've made note on Turt's behavior too, btw. But that doesn't fit your narrative of "Zenzao is trying to myslynch me" so you excluded it.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

We don't discuss hypotheticals that have a 0% shot of happening. That's a distraction.

Scum can argue against anything. If you think I'm scum, you don't want me discussing optimal action. That's pretty common sense.

There is nothing optimal that can be done. There just isn't. Even if there was and my setup skills are wrong, there's no way to hold people accountable. Scum can use said "optimal track" to track PRs and use the Riddler ability night 2.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

If a poisoner didn't exist I would be all for mass claim in this setup because the scum cannot duplicate any living role and therefore would have to be CC'd and insta caught scum. In other setups especially newbie setups on another site (which I love) mass claiming is useless.

Now let's assume that you do theorycraft publically which I think you will do regardless of what I say: instinctively people say things in that theorycraft to indicate what their role is. Therefore you have to re read the passages and make sure not to give yourself away. At some point theorycraft leads to soft claims which leads to hard claims. It is a slippery slope that I wish to avoid. Even more so with Titus probably being scum she can read subtle nuances into anything.

A good role hunter will read every microscopic word to try to find a post where you role slip. It is just not worth it. I love assigning players roles (see BatMafia) but not at the expense of town and definitely not this early.

---------- Post automerged at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

Hahahahaha that was a boned scum slot that hadn't posted. I still got people to listen in that game with wine. I will keep being my townie self. Since you are scum there isn't anything I can change and I am not afraid.

Agreeable Titus is scum!Titus. Bull Titus is Town Titus. Loud and neither is 3P Titus.

And who is Turt?

18. Newcomb

I am taking what you're saying seriously. Can you walk me through the logic of the highlighted part?

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:

20. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It's a matter of perception, and thus inevitably more about impressions than reality. Nonetheless, the impression I've got strongly from you is that you're more focussed on the setup than the actual progression of the game.

And that's wholly understandable - from what I know of you you're an analytical person, you're involved with players you've never played with before and thus are starting without any behaviour to compare to. In Batmafia I was very inactive for the first few daysdue (in part) to my not knowing the field well enough to effectively interact. And that's all ignoring that this is your first game ever. As I said, this is wholly understandable. It is, though, something I think it would be helpful for you to pivot away from.

Please. Scum know alignments (or as much as they care to), and that's all that is discovered and revealed by this. There's always a danger to die as town for being too effective...but that's always a personal victory, really. And that gives information for other town to use. What are you proposing town does, instead? That we keep our reads quiet all game?

In general I see no real reason to be reticent about reads - or, if so, it is only a temporal thing. Reads allow one to find scum, they allow you to have an effect after your death...in short, they are what wins the game.