1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm worried about a lot of things in this game - my survival is not one of them. I'm also pretty sure that I've given at least some opinion on most of the players in this game. Granted, a ton of those opinions aren't really developed at all, but I'm working with what's there. I mean if I were to try for a long post about Citrus I'd basically be just making stuff up.

---------- Post automerged at 01:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 AM ----------

Then you're not reading the question in its entirely.

Let me lay it out as broadly as I can.

1. Banks was in a game I read where the participants were chosen based, among other things, on their skill at the game.

2. Banks used a strategy to defend himself where the main thrust had to do with arguing about how differently he'd act as a wolf.
    -----a) It worked (sort of, at least for that day), and,
    ------b) He was not a wolf

3. It's my understanding that good mafia players have town/wolf games that are not easy to distinguish from each other.

4. From point 1 - Banks is a good Mafia player.

5. ????? I'm confused about this.

6. I ask Banks - "hey, so what am I missing about how that whole thing went down?"

This is only relevant to this game insofar as I feel like the answer might help me understand Banks a little more, and given Banks's reputation I expect this to be important when there are large swaths of time he starts being Super Alpha Thread Captain.

And with that, I'm going to bed.

2. Banks

Banks Muggle

As mafia I'd have played the situation differently to live. It would have still looked townie but the way I was playing was kind of a oen time thing that shold have shown I was always town to people. I of course now that I've said that in an open game would 100% play like that as a wolf. Evolving your game is difficult.

I still havent read but the ping thing in my email bugs me.

I'll be around tomorrow afternoon to solve the game.

My only actual read is that pozzai is a wolf. And I'm like only 40% on that one.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Banks -- Please elaborate and what do you think about TMNT, myself, Titus, Zenzao, and Xanidel?

And why no questions to P or investigating? The thread said you were chatty.

I am trying to put the most important things first but it is hard to know who to trust and my good feeling about you is fading with that post.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I decided to binge-watch Netflix all yesterday. Oops.

Unvote
    Vote Kalas

Poke poke poke, also pokes to TMNT? Where'd ya go?

Will post after work.

5. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I want to make excuses and say its Canada Day and I've been drinking the past couple days (I have) but mostly I forgot mafia got moved to its own subforum >_>

I'll be catching up now.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yeah I missed enough that phone posting isn't gonna suffice, I'll be on my computer after lunch

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Firstly, how did a post that said "We're Not is RVS" recoil us back to RVS exactly??

Secondly, it's incorrect to say I followed up with a wall, when I added a sentence on Xanidel via mobile-post, on an event that occurred after I posted the initial vote. Are you even reading my posts?

Hey Snowvon, remember Endgames where you were clearly weren't scum early, and we didn't spend the entire game tunnelling on each other. Up for giving me a reason we can try that again here?

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

And Titus, this isn't the first time you claimed mistake to try and get out of something.

Remember Xanidel's 198 & 200, where he called you out on that Citrus thing...

Just saying, it's becoming a trend here

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I think that was mostly because I decided to sheep Irene? I literally don't remember much of my own reads that game. I probably secretly scumread you in my QT or in my heart.

But yeah I'm definitely up for us not getting lost in tunnellove.

My reason for right now is that I'm town. Your turn! Also, what are your townreads, or your opinion on mine? Because I feel pretty good about them.

(My break is just about over. Three hours down, five to go.)

9. Koalas

High Score:
    Read 250 posts and they start to blend together about 150 in. I need to break this down to bite sized chunks.

Titus/Mathblade interactions are always fascinating. Definitely needs a closer look, especially where fonti pushed or prodded.

Titus, as Citrus pointed out chances of a Tsu password train working out like that is... minimal. I'd even go so far to say near 0%. Posting a best case scenario then shooting down others suggestions as a distraction just reeks of a town cred grab to me.

Gut's saying informed newb town on Newcomb. Question though in your own words what do you think your post 148 added to the game state? If something similar has been asked you can just direct me to the relevant post.
    Banks new faces are always fun. Have you ever played with MB/Titus before? I'd like to hear your thoughts on them either way.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Well technically you did kill me in Endgames (via your random redirection powers) so there's that I suppose.

I'm town as well. Looking at your reads post though (#147 is the most recent I see), I can't say I agree with you on all of them.

As a mentioned last night, I do agree with the vote on TMNT, for reasons previously stated.

However, Titus on the other hand, I disagree and am leaning scum at the moment. My posts above contain the details on that, but I don't understand her read on me, which seems fabricated, plus it's been at least twice she's be called out for contradicting herself (she claims typing/thought errors, but the more it happens the more I wonder).

Fontisian hasn't stood out for me, and sits below neutral at LS for reasons of paranoia mostly. (This goes the same for a quieter than expected Banks)

Zenzao sits at null for me, as I'm not particularly familiar with him, and and waiting to see more. Zenzao, if you wouldn't mind posting a read-wall that'd be great.

Newcomb is null for similar reasons, as well as I'm not sure if he's pushing his thoughts as stubborn!new!town, or is being pushed along on this path by teammates as a distraction.

Mathblade I agree and have a LT, and Atum is there as well

---------- Post automerged at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Tell me you see the irony in Titus announcing that plan, and then posting #216 a bit later

---------- Post automerged at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------
    Pozzai, would you please give a list of the 3 people you think are scummiest at this point? With reasoning

11. Koalas

High Score:
    Gracias senior Garcia. You picked up on what I was very blatantly alluding to.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Oops, It'd been on my mind from when I'd made a similiar comment at the bottom of #233

13. Titus

Titus Squib

@TWK, You weren't recoiling us to RVS, you objected to Xan's attempt to do that. Why would I town read you for sending back to RVS?

I am human. You should see in almost every game I have poorly worded posts that confuse people. Usually, I don't even see how they are poorly worded and get frustrated that people cannot apply basic logic and read my posts right.

You still are not even understanding that your wall is nowhere near.

Fonti is one of the best rolehunters on site, I have already figured out who some people are and I suck at rolehunting and I am not group scum so I cannot exclude certain people.

I am not a fan of Math telling Newcomb that he should not worry about survival. Every one of the town should be a wee bit survivalistic and one town player should kiss a lot of ass.

Are you surprised that I am suddenly scumread after I post a lot of town reads people agree with? They are running out of mislynches and that is part of my plan. Now, I just have to obvtown myself.

This time, there is no alternative universe for Mathblade to hide in.

Right now, I am going to vote for the biggest name not in that list plus myself.

14. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Again, are you reading what I am typing, I'm not saying #135 was a wall, as you seem to think I am.

What I'm saying is my subsequent posts that you appear to be referring to wasn't a wall either.

---------- Post automerged at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 PM ----------

Titus, in the mean time, what are your thoughts on the quiet duo of Fontisian & banks, as well as our lesser mentioned new players in Jan & Pozzai?

15. Koalas

High Score:
    Well that was a whole lot of ignoring me Titus.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Kalas, Read the paragraph starting with Fonti again. My plan isn't impossible just unlikely but I am pretty sure of a few roles.

@TWK For the love of god, I said like 20 fucking times 135 is not a wall and I realized my post was misleading. The wall was where you were explaining why setup spec was bad. You fucking owned the fact the post added nothing new but explained why you said it anyway.

I said the wall was not 135 a few times. You realized I was correcting that like ten times and still the light bulb did not go off. Jeezus.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

148 added nothing but strongly hinting Newcomb's role to me.

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

So I ignored that.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    From running the train wreck that was Batmafia I disapprove Titus. We'll leave that topic at that.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Firstly #148 was not my post. Secondly, since you think Newcomb is town, why on Earth would you think it's pro-town to say that?

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Also, Titus, my bad, I was assuming the "follow up wall" was #208

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Fonti being quiet is why she's a town read. Pozzi I like her observations, but not sure I agree that not posting a lot is alignment indicatitive.

Jan and Banks could be buddies. I would like to see them comment on the major wagons and push something.

=====°

Kalas, your read on Newcomb

---------- Post automerged at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Then I don't even get your issue TWK...

---------- Post automerged at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

*a town read but not conftown

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Wait a minute: you originally referred to a follow-up when justifying your read in post #231, while the set-up spec post I had, that you refer to in your #276, was #233, 2 posts after your read explanation in #231!!!

Unvote

Vote: Titus

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

My only post in the interim between 135 and your #231, that could have been the follow up was #208

---------- Post automerged at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Hi scum!Titus