1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

TWK...

Are you kidding me...I just told you by description what the post was. You're making this more complicated than it is... Are you wanting me to Slayer's?

---------- Post automerged at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

The number shit is complicated. I refer to posts by description unless ancient.

---------- Post automerged at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

You and I have syngery but for me explaining my town read on you. So I am going to use you misunderstanding me to get all the scum on my wagon. Arrogant, yes. Effective, it should be.

Teeheee.

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

#276: Titus
    #231: Titus
    Implies a town-read on my follow-up

#233: Waco Kid (my wall, that's referred to in #276 as said follow-up)
    QUOTE=The Waco Kid;828232]This is the kind of things you want to be looking for.

As for the role talk thing that's been going on for a while, I'll try and wrap it up. I'm a newer player so hopefully I can put it out there in a way that makes a bit more sense.

1) Role talk is inherently neutral. As in, anyone could post factually correct information, and it gives no indication if they are town or scum. This is anti-town because it's time that's not being dedicated to finding scum, and allows scum players to insert themselves as prominent voices in town with less scrutiny.

2) As town you want discussion to find things like you just pointed out. These things may not be apparent immediately, but town wants these reads and opinions out there so that we can come back to them later and consider Vote analysis, thought progression, and see if peoples actions match their reads. Nobody expects to solve the game in the first Day (unless your name is Irene), but the goal is to create as large of a pool of information as possible, so it can be built upon on later Days.

3) It's very easy to let personally bias slip into your plan analysis potentially revealling you role. Additionally, say players 1-5 suggest how role x should be used, and the role ends up being played like player 3 suggested. What would that indicate potentially. In a game with Soup especially, you don't want to take those risks.

---------- Post automerged at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Titus: What "RVS wall" are you referring to??
    [/QUOTE]

---------- Post automerged at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Please note: #231 comes before #233, so how could that have been the post referred to??

---------- Post automerged at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Hmmm, that third quote screwed up

3. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Then come at me bro, I'll try to convince you that you should've put your faith in the 60% uncertanty you have.

Anyways, sorry I was a bit inactive yesterday, reading up on the thread and will be back with you in an hour or two. While reading up I'll be around so if you have any questions, shoot.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Yeah...you see...you're just proving yourself as town, so you figure that is exactly what I wanted? We had synergy, you had a few long wall posts. I post something complicated. You tear into it.

You are obvtown. I win. Town wins.

I am a manipulative asshole.

Now, onto proving Fonti and or Citrus town next. I would prove Atum or Z but only scumMath scumreads them.

~Titus

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Please answer my request from #230

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Pozzi, care to prove your alignment with me?

#DevilishGrinWithHalo

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Pozzai sorry, I meant #270

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Alas atm I can't, I'm catching up on the thread, I will as soon as I get through though.

---------- Post automerged at 19:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

Where I'm at in my notes I'm not fully convinced whether we're aligned or not.

---------- Post automerged at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Waco, I still feel off about Fonti that will most likely, unless I find something I missed, be one of my scums.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Pozzi, good start, but I meant I just prove your alignment but you talk with me to do it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

#SocraticMethod is boss

10. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Fuck it you asked for 3, I'll give you 3 where I'm at atm. Do keep in mind this is before catching fully up.

I expected more pressure from town!Fonti, at least a followup when she pinged me out.
    I did not like TMNT's initial entrance to the game, felt like saying something just to make a presence known, and didn't like the reactions to pressure TMNT had.
    And I agreed with people early that Math seemed weird. As opposed to Titus I actually kind of like the paranoia of #33, but Math would still be the one that in my head sticks as the 3rd scum if I was forced to choose.

There now you have something to hold me accountable for at least untill I get through the thread.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Pozzi, do you start from townreads and PoE or scumreads directly?

12. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Oh okay. So. How about that local sportsball team?

I am not very comfortable in these forum mafias yet, so I've tend to try being out there, albeit with a good deal of fluff, to get people to interact with me, while focusing on the people I know a bit of in general.

Alas I was not much in the thread yesterday, so haven't gotten to interact as much as I'd like.

I hope Banks will return and ping me out again shortly, I don't mind being called scum, I analyse the way people go about it, and try to discern 'why' they think what they do.

There's been a lot of talk about whether Newcomb should talk about the roles(which he ended up doing) and I thought that the discussion about it derailed the thread more than the actual post Newcomb did.

What was your opinion on his analysis, if any Titus? I do not remember.

---------- Post automerged at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I start from townreads and PoE.

At least that's what I do in videomafia, I'm not very aggressive and slightly naive, so I'm bad at finding and pressuring people I find scummy. I do believe I covered this in an earlier post somewhere.

---------- Post automerged at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

I just realised I said "it derailed the thread, so what why don't you talk more about it" to you Titus "insert facepalm emote"

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newb. Thinks mechanics discussion is a lot more useful in this setup then it actually is. A lot of his posts point to an extremely prepared newb or some kind of coaching. All of which are scumtells. There is, however, one very unintentional comment that has him at a solid townread for me. You've probably noticed it.

14. Titus

Titus Squib

I am not touching the substance of 148 with a ten foot pole. It is anti town to discuss what roles should do or how valuable they are.

As for you going town and then PoE, I am more concerned with who you refuse to lynch today. Who is that and why?

Just a heads up, you are not going to feel comfortable in this conversation.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Extremely prepared noob is not a scumtell.

There's a couple comments that solidify him as town for me too.

Care to adopt my list as unlynchable (a)? We can add me later once I prove they are all town to everyone else.

---------- Post automerged at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

(A) is an Angel emoticon.

15. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

And that would still be an answer to my question, thanks.

Atm it would probably be along the lines of Jan, Von, Newcomb and Atum.

Oh I never do.

---------- Post automerged at 19:38 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Why's incoming

---------- Post automerged at 19:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Jan: I felt like his entrance to the game was pro-town, it is not impossible for him to do this as scum, but I'm inclined to give him a day pass for it at least.

Von is more a gut feeling kind of thing, I can't actually remember exactly why(I might figure this out as I get through reading the thread) but I in general just have a towny feel whenever I think of him this game. I realise this is a poor reason for anyone else to follow though.

Newcomb: stuck to his guns, he wanted something and he fought for it, I'd be inclined to consider this a towny mannerism as the attention it brought onto him was fairly high. I don't think scum!Newcomb would want so much attention in his first game.

Atum: I feel like he've had a fair few good questions, and maybe I'm just a sucker for my name mentioned, but one of them was why I regarded Banks' entrance to the game in a different manner than TMNT's.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Jan: What about Jan's entrance was protown? I hardly remember anything he has posted.

Von: Let's break this down more. You shouldn't be satisfied with an inarticulable read. Such reads can get lynched and you would not be able to defend them. Second, scum know that they have to be likable because their reads are deficient. Don't worry about him being likable. Recheck his thought process.

Newcomb: I agree with all but the end. The latter could be coached, particularly if Math is scum with him. Remote though.

Atum: I saw that and liked it. I also liked his and TWK collective push to say no White Knighting (saying town with no valid reason) on TWK. It really strongly suggests both are town.

Now why isn't TWK here? I do admit I gambited him a bit but his town process should be evident even if I lead him to a wrong conclusion temporarily.

Can I have a link to your other game? I know you cannot discuss it but I want to see it anyway as my goal is to get into your brain.

17. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

True, he has not posted much. I liked his demeanor and the spark he bit back at, Atum, was it? With after being pinged out.

I liked the content of his initial post, albeit mainly mechanically, and I liked how he openly stated afterwards it was "pre-made" instead of just attempting to ride it for easy(er) town cred.

I liked the directness of his questions early, and while he's not super-duper town, he's still one of the stronger I have at this current time

Fair point.

I've not quite gotten around to substantially read TWK.

Again as stated above, I'm still catching up on the thread and haven't gotten around to analyse TWK's content yet.

Sure you can. http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/chathunt-2-game-suspended-do-not-post.10880/

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Who exactly are you agreeing with?

Jan and Banks: The way you guys format your posts hurts my eyes. Please stop.

No need, I've already got it.

Also, I'm a terrible role hunter. I just happen to have the time and inclination to google things when you make them obvious.

Fonti
    Newcomb
    Atum
    Jan
    Von
    Citrus
    Zenzao
    Titus
    Math
    Waco
    Banks
    Xanidel
    Kalas
    Typhon
    Q
    TMNT
    Pozzai

Vote: Pozzai

Hi. You're mafia. Prepare to die.

19. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Hai, you're wrong, how come so long time before you felt confident enough to come out with any actual pressure? Where was your follow-up to your initial interaction with me?

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

What do you mean so long?

I've been gone.