1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Funny, because you posted since your initial pingout, you let it slide, and now you're back on my case. The town!Fonti I know would've instantly put more pressure on me till she was more certain about my alignment.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

(For other people: post #148 was the one where I jotted down notes on all the roles)

I think by virtue of the fact that no one jumped on one or more of the entries and said, "No, that's not how that works, you're thinking about that power wrong," I now feel more confident in my ability to analyze the game, especially after D1.

People who have played before, these roles are archtypes to you and you're familiar with how they work. All I have to go on is the text as stated in the mod's rules post. For example, as worded, I interpreted the Poisoner ("Souper?" Would love to know where that term originates from) as only being able to guess once / night. Obviously my whole conception of the game changed when I was clued in to the actual mechanic.

So, stuff like that. Basically I wanted to know if I was missing anything else big.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I posted once to diffuse the Newcomb/Mathblade fight because it was important. Like. I haven't been here to assess your stuff until now, and your first thing was that damning. What are you doing?

---------- Post automerged at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

EDWOP:Wasn't

4. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Your initial interaction with me was in #88 Fonti, you've been around since, why didn't you follow it up?

Did you like my reaction, did something new happen to make you reflip again, what exactly did I do apart from "being mafia"?

5. fontisian

I haven't been around. I made the mathblade/Newcomb fight break up post, went to work, got home, ate dinner, player on All Stars, talked to some people, went to sleep, woke up, showered, and then got into reading the game.

---------- Post automerged at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I mean, you get that the whole idea was to drop a scumread and then leave, right?

6. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I get that, but I'd also have expected of you to put actual pressure on instead of just 'leaving'.

Why wouldn't you have put that vote on me before leaving, to analyse how people reacted to it, how I reacted to it instead of waiting till now?

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Hahahahahaha

I am town reading both and not scum which one can tell from my posts. And you have not proven anyone is town. The only way to do that is mechanics. Until then it is always a townread always.

#scumTitus

Spread the hashtag.

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

You got my initial response while you were still around and posting, wouldn't you agree that leaving me to "steam" while you were gone would've given you more information?

---------- Post automerged at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Think of all the interactions, the potential scum wagon jumps in case you were wrong etc you could've gotten from that.

9. fontisian

Because I wasn't sure you were scum before I left and I wanted to the TMNT wagon to keep going for a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

I did leave you to steam. You broke down. What is your argument again?

10. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

And in your absense, what exactly made you so sure, you still haven't given any reasonings, you haven't given me any ways to discern whether you're still in a slump, or you're mafia trying to get a misslynch in case you're wrong on me.

---------- Post automerged at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

Please show me where I broke down.

---------- Post automerged at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:42 ----------

And a more important question, what is YOUR argument again ?

11. fontisian

Order of events: I pinged you out. You responded in confused manner. You then froze while I was gone, until you couldn't take it any more and tried to preemptively vote me. More time elapsed. You posted the occasionally meaningless thing and response to getting pinged out. During none of this did you ever attempt to solve the game. You are mafia.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

No one will tell you if you are right or not in that post. If you have questions best to ask a mod in your QT using <b>Moderator Question: question here</b>

Mainly if anyone corrects anything in that thread it means they thought about it at minimum or hint at a connection at a role. This ties back into my explanation earlier. It doesn't make you right. It makes the post untouchable.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

@Fonti, why is Jan town? Why are you not voting TMNT who has a bigger wagon? What changed your mind on Citrus?

I respectfully think you are selling yourself short.

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Goddamn. You know I thought when I started playing that I had set my paranoia at a high enough level, but reading this combined with some of the further discussion after Kalas's question makes me think I need to ratchet it up another couple notches.

This game isn't going to be fun for my emotional equilibrium, is it?

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I agree it makes them a lurker but I don't know about mafia Fonti. There are lots of lurkers who haven't been trying to solve the game (e.g. Xanidel) and Xanidel helped Titus out of another jam. What makes P more likely scum

P - not buying Fonti as mafia. She would have no reason to post what she did how she did if she was. She is a rabid dog when she hunts and I want to see if she is right about you.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Like a roller coaster on steroids.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Now this is interesting. Your post here allows you to throw shade at anyone in the game. People can be obvious town without being confirmed mechanically. Yet here you can rail against any town reads that are forming which is precisely what scum must do.

Who is unlynchable to you?

17. fontisian

Jan admitted to lying in one of his early posts for no reason. I don't think he'd do that as mafia. I have a stronger scumread on Pozzai than on TMNT and we've got a lot of time left. I've actually been townreading Citrus ever since he voted for TMNT.

18. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

For those buying this, I have a this bridge in Brooklyn up for sale as well...

19. fontisian

Town!Pozzai doesn't active lurk. He tries to figure out the game.

20. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Aww, so you not being around is town, me not being around is mafia?

Where exactly did you try to solve the game you've had very weak interactions with Citrus, jumps on a wagon already rolling made an entrance mainly with easy mechanical stuff, which from you I'd expect better.

Yes, I was not too engaged in this forum yesterday, which is why I today came out told everyone "I'm reading but feel free to throw whatever my way while I'm trying to catch up"

I didn't pre-emptively vote you, I voted you for the lack of pressure you put on me when clearly you had your sights on me, Math, I think it was, jumped in to say that town!Fonti would do this if she likes the response, I disagreed, town!Fonti would follow-up on the initial pingout and either be "okay, we're good" or "Yeah, that doesn't convince anyone, you're mafia Vote Pozzai"

I think you're mafia, that's why I voted on you, and I think you might be a bit scared I actually have a decent read on you after the championship game and you wish for a slightly inexperienced forum player, that could potentially bust you, to leave the game early.