1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Am heading out to work now.

2. Titus

Titus Squib

That's the thing. You focus on emotion. Focus on intent. We are all trying to manipulate one another (persuade is another form of manipulate). You are good at logic. It can be applied to behavior.

Look at reads, see if you find connections. Enquire about patterns.

3. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

But you said yourself. "Fonti will move on if she's happy with the answer"

Clearly she was not, so why did she move on?

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Why? The town fonti ai know pushes for consensus and PoE.

@TWK, You don't think I am a manipulative asshole? I am pretty sure there is a bridge in Brooklyn BTW. It's Arizona where there are no bridges.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Me -- duh

No one else as reads change. And why the fuck would I answer this question in any other way to probable scum?

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Fonti has dropped down a peg to lynchable. Still don't care for the Jan townreads.

7. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Why not wait to see what I came up with as I got through the thread then? Why not wait for the information I would give out, to try to discern whom I'm buddying up with or actively try to distance from.

Why was it important to put pressure on me NOW while I was talking to Titus and clearly had given out the information I'd be looking through the thread and come to some conclussion?

I would consider letting me finish that, and come out with information more townsided no matter my alignment, as it all gives you information.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

She stopped momentarily. Still feels weird to be a Fonti townread after being scum on the end of her tunnel that felt never ending. My misread.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Right so you have no town reads you are confident enough are town not to lynch. Are you afraid of PoE? Afraid of agreeing with me?

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You've been making posts. They've just been worthless.

Please. I just posted a whole rainbow list to ask about. You can't claim to seriously believe this bit of omgus.

Why would I do that? Letting you live with it was so much more productive.

You voted me because you were nervous when I didn't come back. The end.

Pozzai, it's DLP. I don't get lynched on DLP.

11. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Understandable, as I said he's on a daypass for me (funnily enough for the exact same reasons as Fonti has him as town).

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Depends on the information and the conclusion and whether it is mind fuckery. With Titus being under pressure I could see this as "Waaaaa!!! You didn't let me post my defense."

13. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

???

I've never thought you were scum, Math.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

This is when I woke up. You had a full day.

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

1) Correct.
    2) No, not afraid of PoE just useless at this point. It is too early to weight certain things. There just isn't enough to go on.
    3) You already stole my reads. We "agree" on a lot as pointed out.

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

There. Right there. That's sketchy AF. I'm not trying to manipulate jack shit, nor do I think any town should really be doing so either. I mean, lay out a case for your top scumread and maybe it makes sense, maybe it doesn't, but goddamn, the way you've been posting it's like you're trying to channel Nostradamus or something. Intent and emotion seem waaaaaaaay easier to fake than a chain of reasoning.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This is a reference to the scum slot I replaced into in the game that was so epic fail for the boards it doesn't get spoken of.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

Why? Does Jan have a history of lying to get what he wants or pushing people towards conclusions like me? There's no reason to lie to make yourself look better. Slayer's is one thing (as I am trying to force myself to be the only viable mislynch) but there's no reason Jan would do that.

18. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

And I was working through the exact same thing as you entered, why not let me finish so you could potentially find my partners had I any.

Or I voted on you because this is not the same way I'd expect you to act as town, which I made very clear.

that might be true, but apparently if you're town, you're not right on DLP very often either, are you trying to be the Banks of this game?

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Persuade is another word for manipulate. Oh and I am channelling Socrates. His students poisoned him because they hated him. Luckily, I won't have to worry about that.

20. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

You might be right, I might be wrong, what do you think about both Fonti and me reading him for the exact same reason, and now are at each other's throat?

Does that make you think about Jan in any specific manner?