1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Citrus: This bit is what I'm townreading Jan for:

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Also can we get a few more votes on TMNT? I want to see if he suddenly appears with 6+ votes on him.

3. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

That is decently put, and I can follow that train of thought. You can ask Jan, Fonti herself and maybe even Banks whom, if any I'd react really strongly and emotionally towards in this thread if that person read me wrong though.

And yes, I attacked Fonti, because Fonti has not been the town I generally expect her to be. I was the only one out of Jan/Banks and myself that correctly called her out for being scum!Fonti in the championship game, I believe I have a good read on her in general and her lack of early content, and the lack of willingness to actually put proper pressure on me at that point, does not scream town!Fonti to me. If Fonti is indeed town, I'm disappointed in her, I expected more.

---------- Post automerged at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:45 ----------

I am not seeing anything, that is my problem. Would I lynch Typhoon for being busy in real life, absolutely not, I simply didn't get enough from him to lean either way.

4. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    See, this post spam is fine when you're checking in once an hour or so...less so when you have to catch up :/

(re: Newcomb having newb!scum vibes)

I honestly don't know. But that was the obvious first impression, IMO, from the way he was playing, so I felt the need to discuss it when giving my own opinion. That being said, I'm certain it had come up before then, and reasonably sure Mathblade had mentioned/implied it. But that didn't exactly matter - I wasn't so much taking Maths comments and disagreeing with them, so much as discussing his comments and pivoting to my take on Newcomb to that point.

Maths specific comment was highlighted because it looked like the throwing the kitchen sink approach, rather than something that was believably disagreeable. Looking back, I didn't highlight that as much as I ought to have, because I was more focussed on giving my own Newcomb opinion.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Hey, since TMNT is your bigger lynch priority, then can we do that? Poz is a hard town read for me because I can see the wheels turning and I see a frank and honest discussion there. Scum tend to want to duck and run when they see me wanting to have an uncomfortable discussion.

The assbackwards thing came from the fact you were townreading me and you admitted you never do. It gave me a feeling of you accepting some things were beyond your control, which to me indicates town because you lack a certain feeling of control when you are town.

---------- Post automerged at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I am game for this.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Newcomb

He's right at null for me right now. I don't remember anything that convinced me he's town/shouldn't be lynched today yet, hence why he's in the remaining pool. Snowvon through Kalas on my preference list are all null reads, but I'd rather lynch him than say anyone not in that list I have in #415.

7. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Wouldn't that indicate having knowledge about you and as such not be alignment indicative of new players?

8. Quiddity

High Score:
    I disagree with Mathblade: when I was reading 148, I was noting down anything to correct you on/clarify, which I then posted. Whilst bringing it up in the QT is better for those questions that relate to your role, you can raise things general in the main thread, and people aren't going to ignore you. That's just blatantly foolish.

And yeah, mafia is bad for emotions.

9. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

This also goes for things like Monopoly and Risk.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Until TMNT pops back into the thread, my vote's sitting there doing nothing. I'm perfectly happy with placing it back on TMNT, except I want to do useful things with it in the mean-time and see if anything comes of it.

Huh. I'm town-reading you because that's what my gut is saying, at least so far this game. The point of admitting I never do is not because I choose to, but because normally you ping me as scum and this game you aren't.

Also, at least for me, I actually feel a little more in control when I'm scum, because I know how players will flip/actual alignments which means more planned out moved when I vote/post/etc., but I guess that's besides the point

11. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

@ Citrus, why is Snowvon on your lynch list?

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Mmm. The one on Jan sounds reasonable for your town-read, but it doesn't have me convinced for my own read on her.

Thanks for the quotes on Snowvon, those actually are pretty helpful

13. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I realise he's low'ish priority, but still interested.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

The players removed from that list of players I'm willing to lynch today are a combination of removing players I don't want to lynch short of them scum-claiming and removing players I town-read to some extent. Snowvon fit in neither of those categories at that point.

He's probably still on that list, but after Fontisian's quotes I'd move him to the same tier as Kalas or Typhon as opposed to his own tier of more lynchable than either of them

15. Titus

Titus Squib

But it's not besides the point. Those differences are helpful in seeing the difference between town you and scum you. I can pick up on that, hence why I don't want to lynch you.

Also, your vote is not useless, if we have a large wagon on scum, then it will be harder for scum to push mislynches because we'll be able to see that the scum already offered up alternatives. The idea is to box the scum out of mislynches.

Poz is one.

16. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Hmm, I'd have prefered entirely out of it, but guess that'll do ^^

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    Interesting. Why me (or, link to previous explanation)?

---------- Post automerged at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Oh, it's if Pozzai is town. Sorry, missed that. Still, question remains.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Fluff's Official Votal (accurate as of 439)

17 alive, 9 to lynch

MathBlade (2): Zenzao (#13), Qgqqqqq (#37)
    TMNTurtwig (2): Titus (
    #107), Newcomb (#112)
    Titus (2): Typhon (
    #65), The Waco Kid (#280)
    Pozzai (2): fontisian (
    #298), Citrus (#413)
    Jan (1): Atum (#41)
    Titus (1): MathBlade (#183)
    Banks (1): Jan (#39)
    fontisian (1): Pozzai (#163)
    Kalas (1): Snowvon (#264)

Abstaining: TMNTurtwig, Xanidel, Kalas, Qgqqqqq

Also, tell me in your QTs if you think that days should be longer than 3 IRL days please.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  19. Quiddity

High Score:
    I'm voting Kalas, actually.

Unvote

20. Titus

Titus Squib

Ditto.

Are you done reading yet? I'd like to continue our discussion from before.

As for my earlier point, my personality drips with each post, you don't need to read a prior game to know me.