1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

That would be in post #354 I said that. Before that you were interested in my reads, wanted to force out my reads, said I hid information.

You had NO interest in how long I was in my process.

Why is this scumtell for Titus and me, but doesn't count for you ?

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Her insistance on that gives me an idea.

Math, would you bet the game on that being the scumteam?

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't have a full wall established for the remaining player list as I've been more or less locked onto Math. What I've noted so far on the others is that Jan needs to post a vast degree more and is, so far, skimming by - I feel the same of Kalas. Banks I'm indifferent toward right now, Pozzai is with Fonti on the "re-read their interactions" area so null with potential to lean either way.

The only other player I see as Scum right now outside of Math is TMNT, as I've mentioned twice now. He still hasn't responded to my 190(IIRC) despite Math fully quoting that post twice in the past several pages.

I'd have preferred to see a Math lynch toDay for the half-dozen points I've raised against her, but I also know when to step back and reassess after cooling my heels somewhat. She's scummy but not necessarily group and I'm biased due to our last interactions in WH11 being so caustic.

I'm still keeping an eye on her in particular, but I think my vote is better placed on TMNT, at least until he does something rather than keep flying under the radar.

UNVOTE
    Lynch Vote TMNTurtwig

Refreshing before I post.

And, of course.

:facepalm

Yanno wat? I am building a Berlin wall between you and I hereafter, Math.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Misrep.

1) I ask for reads.
    2) you post reads and a wall with Fonti saying 200 posts in.
    3) then I get a chance to respond to said reads you said 200.

Hence no need to ask whereas neither you nor Titus thought of that hole in your plan.

Titus -- On a scale of 1 to 10 I would go 7.5 it is day one so very early to talk betting the whole game especially with someone I believe to be scum

Zenzao -- I will give you bricks :)

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

QFT. TMNT is in like 6 or 7 people's top 3 scumreads. Why does this guy only have two votes?

I would like TMNTurtwig to answer Zenzao's question in #192.

I would also like an answer to fonti's question in #85.

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Just got back in, had planned to check in during work, but couldn't keep up with all of the pages of posts. I'll be reading over things, if you have any questions.

7. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

That post was #354, you had already accused me of withholding information instead of asking where I was in my read through the thread.

Did I mention 200posts in before that ?

8. Titus

Titus Squib

Think that through. Some people are scumreading him but would rather have their votes on townies. Sometimes this is derp town, sometimes this is derp scum. The catch is... which is which?

---------- Post automerged at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

That's the type of scenario you get when so many lynches are closed to the scumteam.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Blah you simplify way too much. I was still pumping you for information (the read on Titus). I was seeing how solidified your reads were then came 354 of your own free will so no asking.

You, Zenzao, and Titus all attack me immediately when I point something out scummy about you like the world will end if I don't believe you are town...Like wtf.

10. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

How is you trying to "pump me for information" not as scummy as me questioning "why is Jan so low on your list" ?

You ask for a read on Titus, I ask for one on Jan. We both ignore the status of where the person is in the readthrough, but somehow your action makes you town, but me scum?

It might be because I'm new, but I really don't see the difference here.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Three now, plus I'm happy to move mine back over if we're at consolidation makes four. A number of other players like Fontisian are scum-reading TMNT and would probably do the same in the consolidation phase, which is 5 already.

No need to have one wagon that we sit on for all of D1, it wastes a massive amount of daytime

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Okay, this is kind of Mafia Theory 301 and I'm at 101, but isn't consolidation of wagons into two/three only important in a game with filps? I mean with flips, I get it, because once you know if you caught a scum or not, you can go back over the wagons and look at timings and who was pushing for what.

With no flips, though, I don't quite see the benefit.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

You're picking this up quickly. And yes, these games can be a massive roller coaster.

It's not as bad as your thinking, but it's still bad.

If it was once it'd believe casual town, but since it's multiple times she's pulled it, and it's Titus, it's clearly the latter

I concur with you on Typhon. I liked his early posts, and while his lack of content make him hard to put much above null, he's not someone i'm concerned about atm.

It's the truth, Filler Q comes to mind.

Because you control the poison this time, right/

Flail harder

Oh I believe you're manipulative. I also believe your lying like crazy about this "prove Waco is town" plan to cover up your scum-slip.

And the Brooklyn bridge thing is an old joke, the equivalent of "hey, someone wrote gullible on the ceiling."

Don't you dare talk poorly about Risk!!

I'd be more than willing to join in on TMNT as well

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Well I explained it and I have a feeling no matter how you are going to be repetitive again so moving on since asked and answered.
    Newcomb By having a majority of votes on a single person it limits discussion. By consolidating later in the day we have more information. For example let's say Player X is a popular lynch and they are consolidated upon being lynched.

If it is done earlier and a hammer occurs or Player X is town and desperate things can get bad quickly. By not converging right away we can course correct if needed and/or get more reads from them and PoE a likely alignment later on should information you have change.

I.e. If everyone thought Player X was scum but actually the cop and player Y never voted for player X and instead let themselves be lynched or a better NK one may assume that they had a reason. It may not be the reason but motives begin to show is my point.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

With the flips being withheld it's less powerful but still you can tell the alignment of people based on the choices they make. We get the information regarding who likes whom. Who picks who over whom.

By looking at the vote counts later, and determining alignment, that's called a vote count analysis. You are right that it's easier in flipped games but we'll have some information possibly.

As long as the vig is alive, we'll have control over detecting if we have two mislynches in a row.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Or you know, we could vote Titus since she hardly ever busses and look at who she won't vote for.

17. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I am voting Titus... just saying :p

---------- Post automerged at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Banks' continued silence plus lack of established reads is making me nervous.
    Banks: rainbow wall please.

Snowvon: Please pick up the towny-ness or I may have to move you to the scum-side of my reads

18. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I beg your pardon, but you did not explain where the difference lies. You said you didn't care, because you already knew I was 200 pages in, unless you can find a post before #354 that says this, that is a blatant lie.

You tried to get information out of me, without caring about where I was in my readthrough, when I did the same to Xan, I am scummy.

You defended yourself by saying "I asked for reads" well, so did I, you specifically asked for Titus, I specifically asked for Jan.

I did not care for how far through his reads Xan was, you did not care how far I was.

Your intention to throw scum of me for the exact same reasons as you've behaved in the thread irks me, and your general attitude of "I've already explained things" despite you never taking a hard stance and point out "THIS is the difference" is very wishy washy.

How about you stand up and shut me up by providing solid logic on why you are right, and I am wrong instead of just going "I got no more to say, just because"

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

A list is nice, but how about reasoning for why each person is where they are

20. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Aight ya'll, I'm here for the somewhere between 1 and 6 hours depending on how long I stay awake. Don't have anything to do tomorrow, so I should be around for most of the day. Sorry for not being here today, but whenever I found the time to get on I usually just read the mafia wiki and tried to form more concrete opinions on people. Still doing that actually, but at least I'll also be here in earnest to answer any questions.

Newcomb, I'll read those questions and get an answer to you first.

---------- Post automerged at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Actually, looking at Zenzao's post I can't seem to find any questions for me. Do you mind being a bit more specific?