1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Why is this a feeble attempt, while you claim to know my exact townplay, despite you having experience with me for one game, I have experience with you in two.

One of which where I called you out day1, correctly and where your answer was "Jan and Banks read me town, why don't you?"

I don't believe you're this bad and I'm pretty sure you're not this arrogant.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yes.

I have significant experience watching people with different backgrounds approach forum mafia as both town and mafia for the first time. I also have your history of video mafia and a basic understanding of your personality to go off of.

You, on the other hand, know relatively little about my forum play, which is extensive and has allowed me to develop multiple playstyles that I use as the mood strikes me. There's a reason you're the only one claiming to be able to read me off of what I /would/ do in that situation, and it's because everyone who plays with me regularly on forum games knows that they don't know what precisely I would do, except that there would be some reasoning behind it.

In short, I am a harder read than you. And you know it.

Q: Mathblade and Titus have been fighting all game. You would have no reason to suspect that they had stopped in the meantime when you were writing that post.

3. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ffs. You can send a link with only a superficial conversation. Or you can have a real chat. Or one person can think it was superficial while the other thinks it was real.

I'm trying to figure out who thinks what and untangle the absolute snarl of a thread you and your sister have made. Can you not actively make that harder?

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Someone claiming a godread on fonti here. Folks watch and learn from this man. He who mastered Fonti in a few days .. something you did not manage after years of experience! All hail King Pozzai, he who tamed the mighty beast Fontisian while riding his faithful steed Titus.

[I feel this one biting me in the ass if i am wrong on fonti .. but i couldnt resist :D ]

5. fontisian

You said "I think I read you mafia because your forum play was so different from your video mafia play." This makes your read on me /less/ trustworthy, not more.

---------- Post automerged at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

While I'm quoting things:
    "Please let me buddy you. Don't lynch me."

6. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

You flipping town after this game is the best thing that could happen, cause I would then get to yell at you for how horrendously bad you are in this game.

So much experience, and yet such a bad read on a new player you claim to have a "hard read" on.

You've not asked into any of my reads, you've generally ignored me and just let your vote and accusation lie on me.

You came out before I gave my read to follow up the pressure, giving scum!Pozzai time to manipulate his reads, thus ruining information for those that unlike you build premises on what at this current time is very bad PoE, at least taken into account where you start.

7. fontisian

Kalas, how many games have you played with me? Do you think you know the range of my townplay?

---------- Post automerged at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

You still don't get it, do you?

I'm not asking for your reads, because I want to see if you'll provide meaningful content on your own. You are not.

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

We have talked about it, not super indepth, but a little. She sent me a link regarding voting analysis (which granted I haven't read through yet).

9. Koalas

High Score:
    And there's others that you've seen nothing from that remain null. IRL aside is complete absence a null read for you or a scum read?

Assuming TMNT was scum and the others town can you name one potential scum buddy based on interactions? And can you repeat for the other two?

10. Titus

Titus Squib

I am having a real chat. Ask me whatever you want and you get my answers.

11. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Jan, what besides the Titus-Pozzai interaction makes you think Pozzai is Godfather? As in, is there a reason you think Pozzai is Godfather in the scenario where Titus is town?

12. Titus

Titus Squib

I once fooled all the experts as scum and the newbie caught me.

13. Quiddity

High Score:
    Absolutely. So why does that make it trying to revive something I've no idea whether or not will have died down? Is it not entirely understandable to comment on something which has had great relevance to the thread - and that I had said earlier I was struggling to determine my position on - and, as you say, may continue to have relevance to it? I hardly think I did so in a provocative way.

Not to mention...how was that reviving it?

14. Koalas

High Score:
    5+ with more observed. I don't. And as players with similar views on playstyle that is a mistake I'd never make. That doesn't mean I'm not qualified to comment on your play.

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    [As a corollary, the limited inter-town communication, No Flips and Riddler-esque role mean that scans in general are quite weak this game (as they cannot practically be shared), and the Godfather role correspondingly weaker in turn.]

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh no Q .. i think pozzai is godfather because Titus is willing to fall on her own sword to keep him alive.

If Titus is town then she demonstrates a really weird playstyle to me .. having a townread on someone that is stronger than knowing the fact that you are town (and knowing your own role) yourself.

Considering her role (or the one she might claim if she is scum) .. i am not sure about the likelyness of that read of hers unless see somehow got the biggest soft from pozzai that everyone else missed.
    Hard defending is fine, asking to be lynched before him is a really weird play.

Come to think of it .. has she done that play beforehand on day 1 as town?

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    Jan: I'm struggling to find it, sorry, but could you point me to where you outlined your read on Titus? Preferably independent of the Pozzai interaction.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Do you think fonti and MB could be aligned? Thoughts on the new Pozz rainbow (and the differences from the last one)? What's the worst post TMNT put up?

19. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

If TMNT is scum and Fonti and Math are both town, I'd be inclined to still believe there was a scum in my vote.

I liked Citrus reasoning and him actively engaging me, but that would mean I'd be very wrong on Atum. I really liked his earlier questions (#124 for instance) and in general felt good about him so it'd be a hard choice.

I think Citrus, due to me reading him individually less towny.

If Fonti is mafia, and TMNT and Mathblade are both town. Jan could potentially be with her, I do not feel like he's answered my questions revolving around her very well, there's also a chance she's with Titus due to the townread on her and her asking Mathblade and her to back off each other, and Zen could be just by his reads then being really bad. Also, I think there very well still could be one on me.

If Mathblade is mafia and TMNT and Fonti are town. This gets kind of hard. In this world both Fonti's main pushes are town, one of her strong townreads are mafia, would Titus and Mathblade be on each other's case so much if they were aligned and would Zen and Mathblade be so hard on each other?

In this situation a lot of my nullreads need to be in there or I've completely messed up my reads and even more scary, Fonti would've messed up completely. I need to look into interactions here before I can give you a substantiated answer sorry.

20. Quiddity

High Score:
    Ah, I see. So it's more you think it's a strong scum-role, which is GF simply because you think that the strongest scum-role here.

I've never played with Titus in day 1 before. That said, she does have a tendency to take strong reads on a player with (frustratingly) minimal evidence behind it, that she's willing to defend provocatively.

OTOH, I've only played with scum-Titus.

Hang on, has Titus actually asked to be lynched first? Could you point me to where?