1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sure, obtowning sounds fun.

How does one go about it?

---------- Post automerged at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

ugh i forgot the v

oh well

2. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Clearly I don't know how to go about it.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I mostly just want to know what Titus has in mind, because it sounds like she's talking about something specific.

4. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Mathblade :

+ #579 so much love right now.

is what i wrote down .. deleted it because ppl in here dont know me well enough to keep stuff like that in there ;)

I need to reread your last 20-30 posts thats why it doesnt feel complete afterwards.

In a videomafiagame right now, will try to reread them while playing.

5. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

And what parts would that be Von? First time we ever played I fondled you during the night phase, and you forgot all about me. So clearly you're not interested in me and my parts :(

6. Titus

Titus Squib

I generally prefer something so random or off the wall, the target's true alignment is shown by responding to it.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

If we're talking about the first time, that might have been fontisian.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Titus I'm re-reading the thread and I came across this:

Can you walk me through why that post of Math's convinced you Xanidel was scum?

9. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

If that had been Fonti, I would not be alive to tell the tale Von, you should know that.

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Xandiel has never defended me. That's why. Math floated Xandiel as scum, and as a general but not perfect rule, any scum list put forth by scum has at least one scum in it.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bumping this up for Titus. The last one is what I'm most interested in, see how it compares to my TMNT post.

---------- Post automerged at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------
    Titus /10chars

12. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There's more to it than that, though. Reread the initial bit where Jan starts talking about having "found" a mafia role - it's presented in a very haphazard, trying-to-be-cute kind of way, slowly coming out and not really clarifying what he means until my exchange with him this morning. In that first post (phone, so no link) he's not elaborating at all, not pushing it, basically just teasing it out. That that could fit with awkward town is sort of why I felt much less strongly about it once I'd interacted with him further - the responses to my questions and, on reflection, the reads list that he utterly failed to elaborate on initially and then completely opened up on.

How to prosecute - well, not like that. Personally, identify reasons, push them and continue inquisiting the person who I suspect, though of course it depends on what led me to that conclusion. Why - is Jan's approach how you'd interact with suspects? To me, it feels anathema to effective acumhunting.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Possible. The Pozz rainbow is fine and mirrors my own thinking quite well but that I would have Fonti much closer to null.

The worst post TMNT put up... I'm only allowed to pick one? I haven't seen him put up anything town motivated.

14. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I always hate these "rules". For me, as scum, a scumlist has exactly as many scum as it makes sense for me to suspect or be in conflict with. That's been all of my scumteam in the past, and it's been none of them.

15. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I do not think this would be alignment indicative of Jan either way, especially not in a game where Banks and him already had rolehunt comments/interactions with each other.

---------- Post automerged at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 ----------

That is how I feel as well, there's always a slight confirmation bias though, so you might subconciously put your teammates lower if they do something scummy.

I wouldn't put a scummate in my scumreads "just because"

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pick the most blatant then. I want to see what caught your interest the most.

17. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

I'm not sure yet, it seemed to jive with the rest of his posting thus far, so I was looking for another opinion.

Jan, can you link me a scum game of yours if you haven't already?

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jan (and Pozzai) don't have a completed forum game, Atum.

19. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Correct, this is my 2nd, have one ongoing, and I believe this is Jan's first.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

There's three things that stand out to me when we're talking about TMNT.

First, he says that Mathblade is scum and votes her. Yet, he scumreads anyone for interacting with her. That's not a consistent mindset at all. (#60) As a general rule, scum lists generally have one scum. Von and Zenazo are obvious town. So Math, more likely than not is scum from this.

Combine this with his usual posting. He backs off of Mathblade being scum later despite the fact she hasn't stopped being defensive. #170 indicates this mindset. That he isn't really interested in pushing Mathblade. He hasn't pushed much since his failed attempt/bus attempt on Mathblade and even that was weak.

IN #547 he revokes his earlier push saying he wasn't "trying for a lynch". That still leaves us with no idea where he is. Mathblade pushes to ask for reads, but doesn't really follow up here.

#551, he says that he has outdated reads, but they still hold up. He objects to Z for tunnelling on Math. (He still hasn't explained his about face on Math or to my recollection made a serious push elsewhere). I highlight that he hasn't had a problem with Waco tunnelling. This is a hypocritical mindset. If all tunnelling is bad, then why does Waco get a pass? Is it because Waco is tunnelling on town? TMNT says he hasn't read the thread on Waco. Yet, if he hasn't read the thread, how does he know his reads will "hold up"? It's a blatant contradiction that shows a confidence he is not pushing or the fact his answers are pre-ordained.

He later tries to say he discourages tunnels when nothing changes, yet Waco wasn't convincing anyone I was scum with his conclusions that I was scum. Another contradiction.

You want me to pick one out of that garbage. Take your pick. The posts as a whole tell the story. One post out of isolation is rarely a scumclaim (but 60 is what tipped me off).