1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Going through my re-read, now up to this post. Wanted to highlighted it as Titus's lack of care (not knowing how many scum there are, not knowing if there's daychat, not reading other people's posts with any diligence and then commenting on them leading to misunderstandings -- or at least the appearance of these three) is my biggest sticking point with her right now. Especially paired with her flat-out statement of "I am not a casual anything."

Are you familiar enough with Titus to just say, straight out, that those are "Titus being Titus" or whatever and townread her for it?

---------- Post automerged at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Also combine previous question with this.

Would like some clarity here from people who know the meta better than I.

---------- Post automerged at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Damn it I want to stop focusing on Math and Titus in this re-read but this thread ls literally 900 posts and they have 300 of them.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Catching up now phone posting while having a cold so bear with me here.

Yes they did. They pointed out a flaw and gave you an out. That is a defense. I am trying not to sneeze my nose off my face so I will find the post later but it was memorable to people as it was called out.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well i have a lot of kinda interesting stuff in my notes .. not much for the public tbh.

One textfile where i started to write down all possibly town interactions and how they can either break the game or at least make it easier. That also included some thoughts about what mafia can do with their roles and what to look out for.

The other textfile is the one i posted my quotes out of .. i did remove some stuff for everyone as soon as there was a chance someone could get any rolereads out of my notes.

Interactions are tricky. I dont think mathblade and titus play like partners, one might be scum or both town .. but the way that fight is/was going on .. i dont feel it being 2 mafia fighting. (could be mafia vs 3p if they are both scum, but i dont rly read 3p as well in this game)

I am also almost certain about 1 scum between pozzai and fonti, just because of the way their interactions worked. regardless of all the other reasons i gave.
    I am not sure if scum!fonti would push that hard against town!pozzai on day1 when this is his 2nd game total (the other one is not finished yet, so he has not played a full game) after she asked him to play to finally get this game going.
    That is just unlikely to me because she could have pushed on a lot of other ppl that she didnt mention and that didnt look that towny.

Thats why i did believe in the Pozzai + Titus vs Fonti + Math world for a while .. to be fair if they are half way decend mafia players they could even be one on each side trying to control the flow and pushing on the other without killing them (but that is more my paranoia speaking and knowing that daychat is a strong tool for mafia).

I really want to get reads and reasons from ppl that were not as active lately and want to maybe let them catch up a little.

I need Fontis updated reads including good reasoning and her opinion on Titus allignment without the rolse soft.
    (She should be working right now so i dont know if she will be able to do stuff like that today)

I need to see what Banks is doing in this game whenever he gets to do anything.

I am kinda disappointed in Xandiels play, if he loses internet for a week we might not be able to get anything useful out of him, which is sad if he is town .. and a catastrophe if he gets to pass by as scum all of day 1 just with that.

TMNTurtwig need to give more infos about where he is at, and give some reads on ppl. If he is town here mafia are getting the game handed for free and i am still afraid of that world.

I really like Atums questioning in general. His start of the game was fine. I was afraid that he was just resting on his towncred afterwards, because he didnt rly do that much and still wasnt scumread by a single person in this game.
    I would also like you to make a little rainbow or something similar at onepoint.

There are more who need to step up their game (and activity level if possible).

---------- Post automerged at 06:10 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

Gonna go to bed for now .. 6 am sounds like the perfect time. Goodnight .. will be around later.

4. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

#683 Atum has a rainbow out, granted it's self-admitedly a bit outdated.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This post is blatantly twisting out of context. Scum read me for defending TMNT if you like but most of this is great on the surface but on further scrutiny is a steaming pile of horse manure that should be thrown to the wolves.

About post 60. It is a very valid mindset for the start of day 1 when someone does something scummy to scumread them for it regardless of whether all of the elements form a valid team. It is a list of potential scum not the scum team. The scum team is how I think but I do not discount other methods as invalid.

As a general rule scum lists have only one scum is shit. It depends on the scum team size and flip style and numerous other factors. Using a generic catch all that suits your narrative and building off of it for your argument is ridiculous. Not everyone thinks like you. To try to force everyone to do so is asinine. That is why I continually work in my explanations to get people to where I am at not try to beat their brains into the same shape as mine with a sledgehammer. The latter method is for extreme cases of non listening only and usually doesn't work.

...Explaining is not defensive. You are cherry picking words to fit your narrative again. I have been open and answering questions and explaining my thoughts and willing to go over my reads patiently. Furthermore you post something that makes no sense. In the "TMNT is bussing me" bullshit. In the post TMNT says they are unconvinced that I am scum and you call it a failed attempt/bus attempt. Your subconscious betrays you. If you had believed it to be a bus attempt there's no need to distinguish. Your subconscious knows I am town.

#547 - Yes I asked for reads and yes I didn't follow up. Because they weren't online! Not everyone has the same amount of time to play. By the time they were there were more scumspects worth pushing. When they came back on they were pushed. This is a manufactured argument made to look sincere again.

557 point was already addressed. He said he had a problem with a certain kind of tunneling. Zenzao is tunneling me because of OMGUS and a prior game. It has nothing to do with what is going on in the game and he is doing it to the exclusion of scum hunting anyone else. Waco on the other hand is asking questions and poking around. Therefore when he tunnels I feel it comes from a place where that belief can genuinely be read.

Furthermore, certain things can and will hold up for the longest time. Depending upon what TMNT saw it is entirely possible that they saw something that triggered their gut. Without them saying why their reads would hold up it is not inconsistent. It is a matter of why.

The strength of someone's play or argument or word choice isn't what makes them town or scum. It is whether there is a genuine belief behind such words. And my belief is you are trying to set up TMNT for a mislynch as I don't see a shred of decent argument here.

---------- Post automerged at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Vote Titus

I had invited before but it is irrelevant now as I am voting Titus because I am done with the avoiding of simple questions/asks and asking me not to investigate things.

Atum -- Do you have a recent readwall? If you do please link it if not please share.

---------- Post automerged at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

Derp Atum does have a rainbow out yay okay time to read that.

---------- Post automerged at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

I agree TMNT does need to post more thoughts but so do a lot of lurkers. The only reason TMNT was picked is because of Titus being able to build a narrative.

---------- Post automerged at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Invited = unvoted autocorrect :/

---------- Post automerged at 21:39 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

New proposal opinions wanted on: Titus/Fonti/Jan/Xanidel

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Yeah, it's really not productive for a scum like you to post a read-wall that could get quoted when you contradict it... Like every time it's happened already in this game...

Considering you're one of the leading wagons, I highly contest that statement...

My general rule of thumb on Titus is that when she sounds completely insane there's a good chance she's town, and if she starts making sense, vote immediately.

Titus is far too good of a player to have honestly made that mistake. By her own admittance a while back, she's very good at being manipulative...

I mean you can argue it's not a defense, but regardless it was incredibly suspicious that Xanidel back off so hard in the middle of a cases on Titus and let her off the hook so easy.

No offense Math, but I'm not going to try and catch a whole team day 1. Will I keep an eye out for potential partners, yes, but I'm not Irene

So glad I wasn't in the thread to joke about this at the time

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

What was good about it exactly?

In fact a lot of people are pulling a sheep Titus card saying that post is good when it is crap. Titus is playing lead the sheep to slaughter and everyone is saying BAAAAHhhhhhhh!!! And I am going to work on building a large neon sign pointing out bullshit everywhere it exists because there is way too much being manufactured.

9. Newcomb

I don't see that. Citrus jumps in with the first real pressure on TMNT here. Previous to that you had Titus and Waco asking questions but hardly constructing a narrative. Then fonti jumps in, here. Titus jumps on next, here. Her stated reason is that he "seemed obsessed with people bussing and distancing Mathblade."

That's not the narrative that I've seen swing against TMNT ITT - to me it's seemed like a natural evolution that revolves around his presence, his lack of engagement, his non-defense, and his inability to do anything that even approaches trying to solve the game.

Math I'm not sure what to make of it exactly, but I can't say I like the way you seem unable to let a Titus post go by without jumping down her throat.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I am a team hunter. It is my nature. I also suggest teams that I want a reaction from. It is a strategy borrowed from Resistance. By posting suggestions it gets thoughts going. I understand it isn't natural for some but I suggest it for thoughts and reactions.

---------- Post automerged at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

That is the order of the posts. But the context is the key. Titus scum waits and sees who she can paint a narrative on then goes for it. And that is what I am explaining that she is doing. She is the one obsessed with trying to fit a strategy.

Many of people are lurkers and that is the only valid point against TMNT. You can't have it both ways. Either he is a lurker and disinterested in the game or he is actively posting and not engaged and not defending. He cannot both be posting and not posting.

I will jump down scum's throat because I don't want to give them room to operate or deceive. I will do what I can and how I can to stop scum. Look at the game where I caught Sloth. I went bat shit nuts when I was out classed in arguments with Sloth. Scum will not be able to win.

11. Newcomb

Yeah, it's that one. But actively posting and being not engaged and not defending is weird AF. Like, posting but having the content of those posts do nothing to solve the game is pretty much the definition of scumminess, right?

And yeah, I guess I snapped off a bit of frustration there about you and Titus - mainly it's just the volume and repitition making the thread re-read a challenge. I mean, keep going after her if that's what you feel in your soul. I've gone back and forth on her like 5 times in the last 48 hours and I wouldn't cry if she were lynched, so, go for it. But maybe, uh, get some new material? :p

---------- Post automerged at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Hey remember this post, made ~24 hours ago?

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Scumminess doesn't always equal scum. That is a way to be scummy but it is not the definition. The definition of scumminess is doing anything to advance a scum plot.

Titus is repeating the same old bullshit whenever she is can in order to mislynch town so someone has to stand up to it. I was afk for a good while and no one stood up to it so at that point it is necessary. Bullshit cannot be allowed into people's minds. I just have to destroy the arguments plainly at let people see it.

They have less than 30 posts. From my PoV they are a lurker frustrated by the weight of a Titus tunnel and possibly new. I don't see anything different between TMNT and Banks except that TMNT is actually trying and not over committing to doing something and then rescinding it.

---------- Post automerged at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

And they were online today.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Frankly Mathblade, I think's it pretty obvious TMNT's been scummy for large sections of the game (I've spelled this out before). My biggest confusion with him has little to do with him, and more to do with that it seems increasingly likely him & titus are unaligned, while they are my top 2 scum-reads

14. Newcomb

Math if you read some of my posts from earlier today you can see I share some of your concerns, like this is too easy and I'm afraid we're heading for a mislynch. Like, those thoughts do exist in my head.

The best thing for this game right now would be for TMNT to get into it. Also Banks, that is a good point too. At this point it's sketching me out a little b/c the activity I saw in Game 6 Banks was like Super Alpha Thread Captain and in here it's a desert.

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

This, so much this.

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

And that is the problem! Titus is using everyone reading TMNT as scum as a weapon. Think about it. Are you actually listening to a top scum read on who is scum? That should not be happening.

---------- Post automerged at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Yeah TMNT needs to show up and post more but I am convinced this is a Titus setup and Titus is whiteknighting/buddying Pozzai. I am starting to think Pozzai may be town.

16. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Well I'll look back at the actual quotes in the morning and form my own opinions, but if it checks out then it's a solid narrative against you. You've got a pretty distinctive posting style/tone that can make it pretty easy to misread you, like in that one game where you were coming up with all kinds of stuff IIRC and some people still bought it. Being caught out by a less experienced scummate's poor interactions/reactions to you is a believable way you might be caught out. Again, I need to review the posts in question for myself, but her post follows logically all the way through.

Plus I don't think you can call it sheeping when Kalas went through post by post and still concluded something might be there.

What parts of that post do you disagree with specifically MathBlade? Try to look at it objectively, as though someone not-Titus had posted it.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Already did the last paragraph request in 906. https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=829395&postcount=906

It won't check out. Like I even said. It looks good on the surface. It is when you analyze it, it turns to shit. Titus is being her manipulative scum self and this thread falls for it every fucking time. Just look at Batmafia and compare it. She is doing the same thing.

She defended Quanksor when people thought he was scummy. Same thing with Pozzai. She then set up various mislynches and no matter how many times she scumslipped people thought she could do no wrong. If you all fall for this again I will scream told you fucking so in dead chat 1000 times til you learn to fucking listen to me when I am telling you Titus is scum and exactly what she is doing.

---------- Post automerged at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=787860&postcount=5071

Seriously. Titus does this and I point it out and she talks her way out of this and other slips. Titus will fuck with your brain and make little fuckers out of the remainder and you will become her willing town beard if you listen too long. It is like the music from Fallout. A little gives you a stat boost. A lot turns you into a crazed mutant thing that only helps the evil experiment plots by the government.

---------- Post automerged at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

It is also why she doesn't do walls. She said that as scum in Batmafia and the first time she posted a decent length wall that happened.

---------- Post automerged at 23:42 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

I am way too pissed off to be posting anything of use. May I wake up tomorrow to a sane thread.

18. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Err, no it is not. The definition of scumminess is the extent to which one is scummy, that is, the extent to which ones actions are like those a scum would make. Which is an important difference.

I really don't see how you can read TMNT posts and not find them scummy. The number of posts is not scummy, the content (and, later on, the lack thereof) is the scummy aspect. The question is not whether or not it is reasonable to suspect him, but whether or not he is scum because of it.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Dying but managed to read 16 pages or so on my phone. And I'm headed to bed as I'm barely getting enough sleep tonight as is (4 hours?)

Should have more time tomorrow

20. Titus

Titus Squib

@Waco, Readwalls are garbage. People see what they want to see. You want to know a specific read, ask but my thoughts are in the thread. I am not afraid of content, I just have zero intent to spam.

---------- Post automerged at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Now my drunk ass is off to bed

---------- Post automerged at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Math I am not the devil BTW.