1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

This is exactly how I treated Zenazo in Batmafia.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

This reeks of two possibilities:

1) You are scum. (beaten to a dead horse so moving on)

2) Scum is letting you lead the thread as you are leading it into a mislynch why would they stop it?

3. Titus

Titus Squib

Or scum cannot redirect on to town BC they failed

Gn

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yes that is you. But Atum is not you. Atum is lurktastic as scum and active as town. You know this from coaching him and he has pronounced different areas of thought and he disagrees on scum strategy from you especially from witch hunt game. To say it is what scum you did is almost a reason to think of it in a town way.

---------- Post automerged at 00:34 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------
    TMNTurtwig -- How's the read wall? Any questions for me because I hope to read it tonight so I can respond in the AM.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Yeah, no. That's classic distancing Math.

6. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Honestly, my readwall is slow coming. I can only focus on this in short bursts so it's taking me a lot longer than it should and I'm only 5 pages in. I don't have any more questions though, for now at least. I'll probably have some when I'm done and I know what I want to ask. I do intend to get this done tonight because the more I fall behind the more intimidating getting to it will be.

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I search through 3 users posts find all of them and speed read them and provide my theory on the situation and how you are being deceived and you hand wave it with a sentence. You said good night and I respect RL but in the morning I expect an actual argument as to why what I said isn't true rather than dismissing it. If you aren't even going to read or treat my opinion as serious or for some kind of read or anything don't bother asking as you are wasting both of our time.

---------- Post automerged at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

When I know it will be a fast paced game I sometimes keep written notes as I go.

I take everyone's name but my own and write them vertically down a piece of paper. Then I read the thread. If a post strikes me as odd then I write down the number or if something is really intriguing my QT for Obs to see and me to remember later. Then it isn't having to go through the whole thread.

Honestly though if you are only 5 pages in I would start from the end and work backwards that way if you can't finish tonight you can post what you have and it is based on recent data.

Then if you are lynched and are town you have contributed something. Just do your best.

---------- Post automerged at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

Whole thread to summarize*

8. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I'm about a quarter of the way through the thread and I've been focusing better for the last hour so I should be good. Setting a definite deadline for myself on this is helping me.

9. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

o_O

Obs can see our QTs?

Oh man. Um, I didn't mean a lot of that stuff. I was just thinking out loud. That part about wanting to lynch Titus just to see what she'd write on the way out was just a joke.

>_>

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Oh yeah. Obs can see QTs and are spoiled. It is why they can't replace in.

---------- Post automerged at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:58 ----------

Wait you wanted to lynch Titus? Isn't that contradictory to your reads?

11. Newcomb

I've gone back and forth on Titus at least a dozen times in this game. In my notes / QT I'm kind of all over the place with her.

But, no, now that you mention it. The last time I talked about my reads in general she was 2nd lynch preference behind TMNT.

---------- Post automerged at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Although that was before the roleclaim. Can't really lynch her now with no CC.

---------- Post automerged at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Math, where are you on Jan right now?

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Explains the confusion I had then. Anywho I will keep checking back for questions as time / sleepiness permits.

TMNT you have one person rooting for you to do your readwall. It will be good because you did it :)

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 ----------

Jan IMO is conf scum.

13. Newcomb

Usually in these games I've seen people use "confirmed" to indicate a mechanical confirmation, like a flipped cop clearing someone being "confirmed town".

If you were to ballpark the odds of Jan being scum as a percentage, what number would you put on it?

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yes. She to me is mechanically confirmed. She said she wanted to do something only scum want.

100%

---------- Post automerged at 01:21 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

If it says "I am scum" you lynch it. You don't let it talk its way out of it. << This rule is explicitly because of Titus. No jokes no gambits no nothing.

15. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

She, is still a he, now that you like correcting people on your sis so much.

Jan in Germany(and Denmark) is a guy's name.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

One of Titus's buddies also followed up with it as a troll too . Seriously. I will never ever let that go.

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 ----------

Sorry he. My bad.

17. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, he's not confirmed anything, despite how fond both Titus and Math are of using it.

Tbh, no one is ever mechanically confirmed in a no flips game.

18. Newcomb

I see.

Well, this is at least consistent with the persona you've presented ITT.

I'm obviously unfamiliar with your meta - even if I had the tools, I wouldn't have the time. I'm barely keeping up with this thread as it is. But, I have to say, from just the way you've interacted with this thread, that you keep doing something that rings an alarm bell with me.

Perhaps it's because it all started with me.

fonti broke that one up, and nothing came of it, but you pointed out things that no one else was talking about, and the degree of confidence is high.

Next up, Titus:

We'll call this the Cold War - it never really goes away, and the flare-ups tend to leave the smaller nations (nations = post counts in this metaphor) in ruins.

I will note that you have a habit of fear-mongering when it comes to Titus. So many of the comments you make about her read like you're poisoning the well and emotionally manipulating the rest of the thread into not wanting to look like an idiot. You constantly bring up other times, other games where she's tricked people. Some examples here, here, and here.

Whether you're right or whether you're wrong, it strikes me as odd coming from someone who also said this:

Next you go after Pozzai, following fonti:

With a side dish of Zenzao:

Maybe it's just me, but again, MB's main thrusts against them feel like reaching. What Pozzai was doing I wouldn't call "waffling" - he was saying "give me more time, I'm not done with them yet." Stalling, maybe, if you want to get paranoid about it, but waffling? And Zenzao, that really seems like trying to paint a picture of what he was doing "struggling," "flailing" - I mean, for this whole thing (MB does a list form of her argument here) to work, you have to buy the premise that Zen is going for an early mislynch. I mean, really? In the first hour of a weeklong D1?

MathBlade, I might start calling you Stretch Armstrong.

And then we have today's target, Jan:

My question to this, which never got answered, is in this post.

Math is so, so focused on this one "slip" that she's willing to call Jan 100% confirmed scum. And yet...

How does that jive with the quote at the top of the page? Someone using the word "mislynched" instead of "lynched" - something that I personally have told you I might have done given the context - is "100% confirmed scum," while until someone is mechanically cleared, they're "always a townread always"?

Doesn't add up. You're applying logic and taking stances but they're not portraying a consistent way of seeing the universe. And combined with the Stretch Armstrong thing, like I brought up here, it's very worrying.

And finally, I'll just leave this one here with no comment:

Consider this an official Finger of Suspicion:

MathBlade

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Yes I aggro'd them. What you posted are indeed things I did.

And the last paragraph is a valid point. I did say that and meant it how I said it. However you don't expect anyone to say "I am scum" in a game. I was not thinking about scumslips when I said that. Anyone that does that should be lynched as if they are what they say without exception because they themselves said it. Same goes with scumslips. Never let someone explain away a scumslip ever.

---------- Post automerged at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 ----------

I aggro people and see what shakes. I make no apologies for it. At the time I propose arguments I believe them. Suspect me if you like for it but I believe people reveal their nature under pressure. Not apologizing.

---------- Post automerged at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

I see nothing here that requires a response except you don't like my play style and view it as inconsistent and take sound bites without context. Therefore moving on.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The second vote on myself.
    The reasoning to vote was ok for both allignments.

Kalas #1060
    He did not bother to talk after voting on me, not a single question asked (He was there for half an hour before he voted, so it was not a 1 post then go away thingy)

Kalas #1382
    Comes back with a noncontent post.

Jan #1388
    I ping him out and ask him what his opinion is.

Kalas #1409
    At which point he basically asks Titus if he really needs to unvote.

Not that damning in itself and I dont think Kalas is scum if TMNT is scum. (it is his often quoted post that people refer to when making a case against TMNT)
    If TTMNT for some reason is town Kalas would be someone i really would like to look into.

#1082 Fonti townclears me

#1085 Citrus townclears me

Thus taking away most of the momentum the wagon could have ever had.

Kinda sad because i would have liked to see other people interact with the push.

I really like the different reactions to one of my posts.

Jan #1102
    Titus #1103
    Zenzao # 1108

That was moment where Titus felt sure that I know she is Tsunade, which was the unlikely 2nd option i mentioned, just because i didnt think it was smart to play like this as that role.

I do still believe Zenzao is towny. The way he approached the situation in general was way more investigative, his reaction at that point was ok.
    And his behavior during the game is close to his town-meta that people have referred to.