1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll admit, I did miss 1388 in the aftermath of Titus' claim. Though if you read the 1060 post you quoted you'll see I did ask a question to start feeling you out. You can see it directly the Vote: Jan. As for an opinion on the situation, once again if you read what you quoted, you'll 1409 is my opinion. As dumb as voting Titus was (and it was dumb) it doesn't make sense to me in a scum!Jan/town!Titus world.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So, TMNT is town. This is the same thought process that went through my head in my first tinyhunt esc setup.

3. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I don't know whether to be scared that my scum read says TMNT is town or whether someone who might actually be listened to is saying they are town.

I think the fuckers have invaded my head and I have fallen victim to wifom calamity.

Either way progress?

4. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Fuck, so I accidentally fell asleep last night sorry about that. I won't have time to finish doing that read wall tonight probably so I'm going to just forget about it and read the last few pages again and just play from there. I'll try to catch up again over Night 1 if I'm still in the game, but I'm not going to worry about that too hard.

I did promise a read wall, and I can deliver something like one. It doesn't cover everyone, but it'll have to do for at least 6 hours because I'll be at a wedding.

So, PRELIMINARY READ WALL

Xanidel :I think if Xanidel is scum, then Xanidel is scum with Titus. Based off of Xanidel's backdown when he first confronted Titus, I don't like how almost all of his first posts are him saying he isn't good at reading/ doesn't really have any reads etc. Even at my most nervous about my reads I always try to get something out there. Admittedly I'm bad at following up on reads, but that's because whenever I make a read post everyone thinks I'm scum. I want to read more from Rubicon before making any further judgements.

TWK: I think TWK is town for mentioning Xanidel's backdown, and when Titus makes the same mistake with regards to his posts he doesn't back down. I liked that.

Zenzao: I've changed my mind on Zenzao. His frustration feels very real and I empathize with it. I'm leaning town on Zenzao.

fontisian: I'm leaning scum towards her. This is the only person I've played with before and the only person I have some kind of meta for. fontisian likes to take control of the thread and whenever I've seen town!fonti she hounds after everyone repeatedly, but especially the ones she thinks are scum. When she started up the Pozzai wagon after Pozz voted her she cited just having gotten back being her reasoning for not attacking him sooner, and then claims it was all part of a master plan to see what Pozzai would do. That coupled with the fact that I rarely see fontisian makes posts sets off alerts to me.

Me: I'm town.

Atum: I'm leaning town for Atum, not sure why. I've liked his posts since the beginning of the game. If he is scum, then he is not scum with Snowvon or TWK based on post timing.

Banks: He said he'd be around to solve the game, but I haven't really seen much from him which is inconsistent with how other people portray him. Null

Citrus: I like Citrus's posts, the logic feels good and based on vote pattern does not appear to be aligned with fontisian who I think is scum. Her posts to get me to play a read wall strike me as someone who very much does not want to mislynch and thus town.

Jan: Obvious scum slip is obvious calling the Titus vote a mislynch. I'm not 100% certain scum simply because I'm always wrong, but yeah.

Qg: Don't know. Will think about.

Pozzai: Same. I don't see him being Scum with fontisian though.

Titus: I'm leaning heavily towards scum. Since post 121 has been pushing my wagon with the buzzwords "distancing" and "Bussing", even flat out lying and saying that MB said she was bussing me. Actively seeks to make it so that I don't have any time to get opinions out there, and even advocating quick lynching me 4 days before the end of Day 1. Then there's the Tsu claim which , is despite saying in post 44 that mechanics are best left hidden and in post 52 says that the Tsu should stay anonymous and only Tsu's neighbors should roleclaim. That is the "One unconuterable action" according to Titus. I don't understand the purpose of the Claim. Titus was in no real danger of being lynched despite my and Waco's votes on her, so the only thing I can even assume was going through her head was that she had this great gambit to claim Tsunade and hinted at it early on and then just... really wanted to do it regardless of whether the move made sense or not.

Mathblade: Can't tell. I don't see MB/Titus as a scum team, if they were it would be the greatest work of all time, gambits within gambits, and my hats off to them, but I don't realistically see it. You make lot of the same moves Titus makes, when you attack her. For example, just like Titus kept the thread focused on me the entire time, you kept trying to shift the thread back on Titus and never really letting go. The difference here is you kept wanting Titus to give you a read wall. Also, you have a weird way of accusing Titus of scum tells for common phrases where it was obvious what she meant, and I don't mean in like a Freudian Slip "Oh I see what you really meant with that typo" these were some of Titus's most clear phrases you jumped on. Honestly, I get that you're sisters, but the way you two play is so similar it sometimes feels like you're just one person playing two characters.

I do have some a question now though.:

You seem to have noticed Titus's Tsu gambit sometime at post 38 and then decided it was fake in your next post. Why?

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

and Happy Birthday, Kalas.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Honestly TMNT I cannot completely answer that without breaking a prior promise in thread.

But here is what I think I can safely say:

It was a reminder that Titus was either claiming acolyte or Jiraya something that required the hi to me. But the first post was misspelled so not that and if acolyte she was crumbing I was the cop which is a fail as I am not the cop. Either way when I read it I felt something was fishy so I flip flopped so I could recall and a marker for a doubt I had about her claim.

There is something specific that may help make things clear but I am really against outing people in this set up.

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 ----------

Your wall has me more than a little paranoid here. Especially how it seems creepily similar to my scum reads.

6. fontisian

Happy birthday Kalas.

My gift is the scumteam:
    Pozzai, Q, The Waco Kid and one of Rubicon, Banks and Typhon (but probably Rubicon).

Pozzai is mafia because his posts are oriented around defending himself instead of solving the game. His early stuff before being called out was particularly weak.

Q is very much in the background, contributing logic in a buddying manner. I don't like the way he deflected off if Pozzai and then came back to vote him.

Waco's push on Titus felt fake and overly aggressive, as if the purpose was to project a townie persona.

Rubicon's probably the last one only because I feel like Q would have yelled at Xanidel to step up his game in scumchat which would have caused him to replace out.

Also, I have pretty strong townreads on basically everyone else.

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

While I am paranoid thank you for the effort :)

---------- Post automerged at 07:08 ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 ----------

Not Banks. I am 75% confident in their role.

8. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Honestly, MB my list was probably heavily influenced by yours. You were the only help I had when Titus was really gunning for me super hard and I'm nowhere near impartial enough for that not to affect me. I know for a fact I wouldn't think Jan was scum without you calling attention to that post, I straight up would never have noticed it.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

And that is a problem. As confident as I am in my reads sheeping me blindly is bad. And there is no was, she still is and I honestly have no clue how to stop it. When you read games it needs to be like a murder mystery novel. Who done it? You can't assume any of the characters in the room are telling the truth no matter how much you want them to because it is their belief.

Sherlock Holmes has his own brand of investigation and didn't let people sway him. You need to do the same because if you think I am town but mistaken then you can call me out and if you think someone is being scummy you can call them out.

By presenting reasonably held beliefs in the open you grow :) Don't worry so much about the "right" thing to do and do what you think instinctively. You will learn a lot that way and build your own do's and don'ts

10. Titus

Titus Squib

I'm about 95% sure that both Atum and TMNT are scum. I meant that was classic distancing like Z and I did in Batmafia. If you look, I heavily pushed Lyrium and Z because both "slipped", yet I always had somewhere else to vote besides Z. Atum's posts read quite similar.

He opens with a scumread on TMNT but is voting elsewhere.TMNT has the same meta but Atum doesn't think TMNT is a horrible lynch choice until much later. That's not consistent with Atum thinking TMNT was town as town!Atum brings that up sooner and pushes a scumread.

TMNT's readwall is utter shit. It's designed to placate and divide. That thing is so bad at trying to flame me v Math, that Math might be town.

---------- Post automerged at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Maybe Q Waco TMNT and Atum

How the fuck could you have such a strong town read on TMNT

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll get to the rest when I can but isn't this a post from every Day 1 lynch ever?

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Titus if I have told you once I have told you 26 times you cannot apply meta to TMNT. They are new. However while rereading certain things I am waffling on my scumread of you but not of Jan.

I am so frustrated it makes me want to hack up the dirt, start a new religion called NO DERPING and send it into Oblivion complete with battle armor to fight against the many types of enemies there. Especially Sloads. They suck.

---------- Post automerged at 07:40 ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 ----------

Then it would come back after getting loads of XP and slay all the scum and then find the one character called One True Blue Khajit Master and decide if they are telling the truth or really an acid dragon in disguise ready to take over the underworld.

Oh and maybe I just get frustrated a wee bit with this game.

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Math, reread my post please. Atum's defense is meta. Our push is not. TMNT still has not provided thoughts on most of the game. With good reason, he's going down.

14. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

*buys you glasses*

Read my QT post game Titus. You are missing the important part of that post,

*smacks you with an additional copy of Zenzao's squeaky hammer that she hopes doesn't hurt*

I feel you are expecting TMNT to play optimally and when he is not calling him scum for it. When in reality when scum have a day chat I would expect with a knowledgable scum of any sort this would not happen.

---------- Post automerged at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

TMNT's posts are too new for me to believe it is scum.

15. Titus

Titus Squib

Mathblade, there's only so much daychat can do. Batmafia was so frustrating because some lynches were queued up and no hammer.

TMNT has to sound new or he's coached. You don't look at "new" versus seasoned unless someone is talking out of the ordinary. You look at content. Here TMNT has none but for things that seek to divide.

16. fontisian

The wording felt particularly towny. I could be wrong on him or Citrus.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I disagree but I am clearly overruled and there is nothing I can do. But for the love of NO DERPING read the important part of that post.

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 ----------

I believe you are scum but I believe Kalas is town. Citrus may be 3P but not group scum.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

I thought you just were at PoE with particularly strong town reads of everyone else.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------

Math, can you vote TMNT and I will promise to pressure Fonti tomorrow?

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Excuse me while I have the bluntness of a sledgehammer my forehead to temporarily step away from the thread. When you have read that post let me know Titus. I mean truly got every bit of loot out of it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

No because that is L - 1 on a holiday where multiple people have said AFK.

Can you promise me to read that damn post?

20. Titus

Titus Squib

My QT is the most boring thing ever. I know a lot but typing it may cause me to slip it so....my qt has nothing in it

---------- Post automerged at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

Which post? I believe I am current.

---------- Post automerged at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Deadline comes during holiday sweet cheeks someone has to be at L minus 1 during Holiday