1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just stating up front, most of what I'm writing the past 30 or so hours are from a sleep-deprived state of mind. So I may end up rambling on the way to a point and, IMO, you did point out inconsistencies on my wall post in your last post which I in turn responded to.

A lot of what I've posted lately is also a matter of what comes to mind. I think of something, I post it. I work through the hows/whys afterward. I'd almost think you were Tsunade at this point with the moodwhiplash demonstrated so far.

So? Fight back. Debunk it. Wine up the thread again, it ain't like we're exactly short on it ToDay, but I never asked you to sit on it. Prove you aren't Scum. Or... to put it as Tallahassee said in Zombieland, "Nut up or Shut up". Point out any further inconsistencies you see on my part, your royal highness.

Yay? More Scum!Fonti rational that has merit.

Quoting just started eating the attempted-quoted-post again and I don't know how long that will last, so this will really be a joy going forward :facepalm

Hm.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I feel like you're always behind on sleep.

Love yourself a little more.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 ----------

Also DLP keeps trying to make every post a double post.

3. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Only posts I remember from Banks the past thirty+hours are him pushing Scum=Zenzao. So I put him at null in the moment. If this is true he sinks to low town.

---------- Post automerged at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

Bad habit I picked up when I was a kid. Stuck with me through my teenage years and on into now. I'd rather spend my time working on something than sleeping, and the toll for that idiocy is catching up the past couple of years.

Seems to only mess with me when I use the Quick Reply. Regular reply works fine.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Zenzao I am working on it but I am posting in chunks as I want to get every point across. I didn't expect a conversation in the middle.

Hi Von and Zenzao.

About the Tsunade thing -- There was a town plan about when CCs would occur. So if I was Tsunade that would be when I would claim. I believe TMNT is scum and so if I was Tsunade and Titus would be bussing in that case why stop her?

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Zenzao shaddup and let me post - Okey-dokei.

Hiiiiiii-y.

Um. Wasn't the consensus that town should never claim in a no-flip while Orochimaru+Kabuto are still alive? Pretty sure you've stated that Tsunade should also never reveal at the same point, though you apparently crumbed something indecipherable a while back that Kalas sort-of understood?

Also, I need to take a refresher course. But you were hardcore defending TMNT two, three days ago, and hounding the everloving crap out of Titus/Jan, and, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you stopped Titus from bussing simply because you and her open up a civil war to match Marvel's bullshit storyarc every game y'all play.

---------- Post automerged at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

And the Math=Tsunade line was one part jab, based on Titus excuse for her excessive pushiness playing up Tsunade's natural attitude. You've been doing much the same.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

The consensus was never claim except for the CC of Tsunade as it would be 1v1. We would get a scum regardless. All other roles yes.

And yes I was hard defending them. Something happened that made me change my mind.

Inconsistency 1 says Jan is scummy for trying to out Titus as the judge yet has Jan as a town read after Titus does it and makes no mention of this. It is more like you are looking for reasons to call them scum later.

Same thing with Newcomb. They were your top read in your last read wall but then in this one you say they may be excellent newb scum without reason. Leaves room to call them scum later.

---------- Post automerged at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

Nah. Kalas was in the wrong location. Not even close :p Sorry man.

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 ----------

The other things can wait until tomorrow as I am sleepy :)

Be sure to get sleep Zenzao :)

---------- Post automerged at 05:51 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

And need I remind you Titus was trying to act scummy? She even said so. So me thinking she was scum and tunneling isn't a radical concept *sigh*

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    And the counter to that was that it was a useless expenditure and guarantee of the Scum to NK the real Tsunade, thus no CC even in that circumstance when we had the Ino plan to fall back on. This feels like you're pulling a Pozzai on me and trying to construe a logic trap.

Wowee, that just convinces me down to the bone that you're right! Seriously, why and if you [redacted] it I'ma start up that Zenath Wall again.

Did you miss the part I just said about posting things as they come to me and then going back over in consideration afterward? At the time of my wall I wasn't thinking as far back as how Titus outed herself, or that Jan pushed it with the Judge notion. I only found that again looking for Jan's response on Fonti's behavior and made note of it in my massive post in accordance.

It was supposed to be a compliment to Newcomb's play in response to Pozzai's statement on New's extreme towniness being so scary, which, given I'd just dealt with Rubicon some ways up, had my mind on CYS and Endgames. TerRaine came to mind on the Scumteam with Scum!Fonti and Scum!Kalas that game.

---------- Post automerged at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 ----------

I know somebody got on your case about making references with some old game and you told them it wasn't that game. I swear, if this is another Bahamut lark. :colbert:

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 ----------

Bah, sleep is for the weak.

---------- Post automerged at 09:07 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

EBWOP: And that 'post automerged' line was supposed to have been cut out of the quote and I screwed that up when I was responding.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

No. There is no reference to a prior game or anything that would be remotely close to cheating :) All of that would be possible if you understood it you would be fine and if you were having a rough day Auntie Google could help. All players fair shot no hidden codes. I just may have made it too confusing XD.

I have been up all night Zenzao. No logic traps just me thinking through what you suggested.

I wasn't trying to convince you that I am right with that post. It was meant to clarify what I believe in a succinct manner that addresses your original point. Going and explaining why would have lead to a long tangent.

However now that you are asking why I will answer.

1) Their wall was almost an exact replica of some of my thoughts. It was way too creepy. The tone didn't match his prior posts either. Gave me the shivers.

2) They said they had gone from 5 pages to the majority of the thread (but not all) in a few hours and typed the long post. If they are that much of a speed reader congrats but I know a speed reader and even that would be a feat.

3) After their wall they never returned. Didn't discuss a thing. I tried giving every beneficial support and if they would have DONE ANYTHING I probably would have defended them.

---

Titus was the one who did the Bahamut thing not me.

---------- Post automerged at 06:25 ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 ----------

About the Jan bit: I found that self serving so I did not consider it valid. If you are making a read wall about recent events then pulling back makes no sense to me.

Some people just have the gift. Newcomb might just have it. And if he does yay! :D

---------- Post automerged at 06:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Sleep it beckons.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Not a mafia game, but a video game, from what I understood. I frankly CBF to try deciphering it at the time and now I've lost track, and I sure as fuck ain't digging back through all of your posts to research any time soon, milady Melisandre.

*highfives*

Personally I'm a big fan of the 24-hour club. Been there so often the manager has been discounting my cost for about seven years now. Good shit in the back, mhm. But seriously, excuse me if I don't take your word on logic traps at face value. I derp too often.

Noted. Agreed with for the most part - I never got shivers off it.

My understanding was that he only made it 5 pages in and, then, under your/Titus/someones advice skipped to the end and started working from the latest posts back.

Which is, by and large, what everyone and their pet moose has been saying. He's sporadic and dodgy as shit, which is also why I'm Scumreading him. So.

*highfives again*

You're sisters. Close enough at this point of the day.

Then you underestimate the mind of the Zen, just as he has underestimated the dastardly pursuits of higher level Algebra time and time again and Ti-to-the-Tus.

Yeah, a game of Ter, New, and Irene working together would be a slaughter of anyone else facing off against them.

---------- Post automerged at 09:36 ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 ----------

Well, I suppose I can deign to forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again.

10. Titus

Titus Squib

Math, Jan didn't try to out me as Judge. I told him to claim my role if necessary.

---------- Post automerged at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Will case Atum later but I suspected him before the wall. I had nagging doubts ever since that Poz vote he still never really pushes.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Cool. Welcome off the scumteam.

For clarity, I like this post because Typhon is acting like I owe him something. I don't, but it's a towny thought process to have.

---------- Post automerged at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

"I'm not actually reading the things I'm commenting on."

---------- Post automerged at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

This is what happens when everyone spams: No one actually bothers to read.

I didn't want Ino to target Titus because I thought that Ino did not have to guess the role in order to use the ability. Then I realized she did have to guess, and changed my mind. This is clearly written out in the thread.

Thank you for your response. It's nice to be speaking to each other civilly. I suppose the Zenath* Wall can be demolished at this point.

Rubicon also made a case against Pozzai, which I'm assuming you missed from the rest of your content.

---------- Post automerged at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Yo TMNT, if you're Sarutobi, Danzo or Sakura, claim.

12. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

You sir are clearly mistaking the timeline of events in the thread. The post you quoted wasn't a case as much as trying to prevent my primary scum read from trying to talk her way out of a lynch, and pointing out further inconsistencies and falsehoods. The substance of my Titus case was well prior to that, compromising primarily of the series of events from Titus' #231 to my #280 & #282.

I'm kind of curious what further case you wanted on TMNT, my views are clearly listed, and he hasn't posted much in the way of content since.

As for my noting I was planning on looking into the issue of my top 2 scum reads at the point (Titus & TMNT, as you note) beginning to look un-aligned, yes I haven't followed up on it, because I've been badly tied up with work, and Titus' subsequent claim and the aftermath appeared to be more important in the interim.

Can you provide a quote on this, because I've been pushing the exact opposite. My main reason I haven't voted for TMNT in the last few days is because i want the day to go full length for further analysis. If you're referencing #1072, I went with that phrasing to put pressure on Mathblade, given I disagreed with the severity Mathblade was attacking jan's "scum-slip"

Anyway, this may be my only check in today, I'm heading in to work in a short time, and idk if I'll be able to post from there. Hoping to have time to start are-read at least in part tomorrow before work, as Titus' claim has caused me to need to re-evaluate my reads.

---------- Post automerged at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

and I've barely been able to keep up the last couple of days.

13. fontisian

I think Q is attacking Waco's case for the wrong reasons. It wasn't "aid-back, non-committed." In fact, my problem with the case was how sure Waco seemed when he shouldn't be able to be that certain on Titus. Since Q attacked him anyway, it's probably a bit of distancing between them.

14. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Why would I claim, fonti? And why only if I'm those roles? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious here.

15. fontisian

Danzo is provable toDay and we'll let you control the lynch if you are him. If you're Sarutobi, we're killing you anyway, but we're going to want to talk about directing your shot. Also, I'd be surprised if you were either role. Finally, Sakura is important for vaccinations and worth giving the scum a little extra information for her to go off tonight and possibly on future nights. You'd actually probably end up get shot tonight if you claimed Sakura.

Actually, you should also probably claim as Naruto or Hinata and let Sakura target you? But claim Hinata in both cases, not Naruto.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

There's a bridge in Arizona I want...

Nah, Waco's play isn't a problem. It never was. You last second putting forth this Waco read rather than saying his tunnel sucks is telling.

17. fontisian

IMO, the cool thing about this setup is that there are both vaccinations and a limited number of possible soups, so as long as Sakura targets outed roles each night, and we don't poe it down too hard, we can get away with a lot more claiming than usual.

That doesn't mean you should claim for no reason (Titus) or hint at it for no reason (you and Zenzao), but it's not a big a deal as it usually is.

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Ewww....

If he claims anything, he is getting souped if town and evades lynch. If he lies, someone will likely cc and pine box for him and a townie.

TMNT is scum and you're trying to rolefish town to increase bodycount.

---------- Post automerged at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

And now you're outing role hints just shut up

19. fontisian

Ok.

1. If I was scum with TMNT, I'd tell him exactly what to claim and how to claim it in our daychat.
    2. It's better to force scum to poison scummy people for us than it is to waste a lynch on them. For a lot of roles, it's also better to let them go off than it is to lynch them.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

Z and TMNT should ignore 2037

Don't even admit if crumbing