1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fucking hell this town is moronic.

Especially Titus. WTF man? Even if you think he's scum don't you want to hedge your bets for the best chance if he's not?

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ffs Jan. Was the lynch?

3. Quiddity

High Score:
    Too late Titus. Jan already hammered.

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm an idiot, you're correct

5. Quiddity

High Score:
    And Titus, you led the no discussion brigade. So don't try to blame that on anyone else, even if you saw the light.

*sigh*

Anyway, I'll respond to Waco and Pozzai. Hopefully I get it out before night begins.

You guys play no talking at night, right?

6. Titus

Titus Squib

I still didn't want discussion, just everyone to say seen and move on, so not the end of the world. No one will get soupage information in the thread.

7. Quiddity

High Score:
    Why would this help any more with souping than any time spent discussing anything? No one was discussing whether or not TMNT was Danzo, only who we should lynch (get Danzo to kill) today. How is that helping them?

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Trying to think this through.

Which is the more likely scenario?

TMNT is town and doing this to suicide because he can't keep up with the game.

or:

TMNT is scum and trying to fish for role info as a trade for getting himself killed.

Neither of these seem particularly likely. What am I missing? Why did he claim?

TMNT you are a dead man walking anyway, so start talking.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Newcomb, suppose TMNT is scum who knows that he will eventually get lynched. Then run your calculations.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

this is not about ppl seeing the msg. as i said danzo has to delay the kill if TMNT lies (unlikely because of the nature of the claim), so mafia have no chance of reading into it!

If TMNT is mafia DANZO WAITS FOR AN HOUR OR TWO (or more if he wants to). At that point mafia get nothing out of our end of day conversations and activy levels.

If TMNT is Danzo you can be as fast or slow as you want to be, because you not dying makes it fairly obvious for everyone.

I dont mind waiting .. but danzo should consider what i am writing here in either case.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Because by answering, people suggest they are or are not the judge. To his credit, I think Jan has been wifoming judge.

By suggesting who they want shot, they'll be able to determine which are not cop/acolyte pairings.

12. Quiddity

High Score:
    It's been pretty clear that TMNT was going to be lynched today for a while. I don't see why he wouldn't claim if he's town, because it earns us an extra lynch.

Or as scum tbh, because there's always a chance the real Danzo misses the interaction or something weird happens.

13. Newcomb

No, I don't see that. If he's scum he's been the scummist scum who ever scummed today, and it wasn't at all clear we were lynching him. In his shoes or putting myself in the mindset of his scum-teammate, all we have to do is stay the course and let people talk themselves out of it.

Like, where is the certainly that he's being lynched coming from? You've been calling for his head all day and it hasn't happened. I've gone back and forth a couple times, and so have the vocal town voices like Math.

You'd be gutting 25% of your team based on a "maybe." That seems like bad strategy. Plus all the scum roles are pretty important. They don't have anyone who'd be a painless sac.

14. Quiddity

High Score:
    Do they? I know I'd respond the same as Danzo or as not.

What cop/acolyte pairings? You mean Naruto/Hinata? Well duh - that's the same when people discuss the lynch!

15. Newcomb

Can you explain that?

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    Newcomb, TMNT was at -2 or so. I was about to vote him. Math had commited to hammering him. In a tough spot, there were a bunch of other players (Waco, etc.) who put him as likely scum but wanted to look at other candidates, I.e. Would return to vote him in a hitch.

It's been obvious he wad going to be lynched for 48 hours or so.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

Newcomb, I knew he was getting lynched due to the fact that no one offered up a counter alternative that could get support. They were all based on that players "weren't posting enough" (Rubicon, not posting enought for Rubicon), Qgqqq (selective timing), Poz (vague not hunting enough), Waco (not hunting anyone but Titus).

Those wagons couldn't get anyone but scum (well minus the Rubicon wagon but he is scum) voting for them. The people were willing to vote TMNT but "wanted to keep the day going".

No one wants to counter an obvious scum lynch. It's like saying I'm TMNT's buddy unless forced to defend it.

18. Quiddity

High Score:
    Because TMNT ought to choose who we have as strongest scumspect, if he's town. That way, if he's town, we get an extra lynch of someone else as well as him - because we know he's not scum by the fact that Danzo doesn't lynche him.

Ergo, extra lynch has been earned.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

A seasoned acolyte could have their cop buddy as a null read to protect them.

You think you would Qgqqq but people don't respond the same regardless of if they are Danzo or not.

20. Quiddity

High Score:
    Maybe. Maybe they'd have them as slight scum, but put someone else as scum first. Maybe they'd put them as strongest scum, even, if no one else is seeing the same. Maybe they'd put them as town.

In the end, that comes down to an enormous amount of wifoming. And there are ~10 people you've got to ferret a Hinata from.