1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Banks

Banks Muggle

I see some glaring issues with A that do sometimes out scum but could potentially cause a big issue if particular roles were targeted and/or make role hunting easier for the wolves.

I vote for 2. Where he has the person claim. The only issue here is if fonti was the one that he used the power on.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sry about that .. i am kinda just spewing unrefined thoughts here to get us somewhere save and sound.

3. Banks

Banks Muggle

I had to double check it was spelled with an S lol I'm with you Jan. Zai sounds cooler.

---------- Post automerged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Jan which method of confirming Titus are you in favor of and why?

---------- Post automerged at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

To clarify on why option A might be bad is that if the role is announced and is the cop or the guy who knwos everything at final 4 it could be REALLY bad for scum to potentially read off how titus posts who he targets. He is going to obviously read him as town so it helps them even further with role hunting. I think that just clarifying WHOM it was and THAT it happened is important and discussion on roles hsould be left for later once the backup poisoner is taken care of.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Really? You think Titus would have started a QT with Fonti after screaming they were scum all day? I don't think that world has merit.

---------- Post automerged at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Or we could go with option C. Let the town firm decide and hope she has re calibrated her reads some.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

true esp if they stack. scum + possible poison + tobi + zai could reduce our number pretty damn fast. thats just more of a reason to out as little as possible for today.

Every town that feels they have to hardclaim today will be another reason for them to use poison (if the poisoner is dead).

If Tsunade hit Jiraiya should she claim that fact (it is a confirmed check for her) or just not mention it? Her having a confirmed town doesnt give out the info who she checked, and the real Jiraiya would know that they are in a qt with her.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

He* Them* TMNT and Titus is who I mean.

No one is seriously suggesting Titus isn't Tsunade at this point so those two should decide :)

---------- Post automerged at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:36 ----------

Let Titus and TMNT decide. Problem solved.

7. Banks

Banks Muggle

If I was titus role I would do something like that potentially for misdirection sake. Idk if thats how Titus plays though. I play in odd manners on purpose or something straight forward depending on the way I feel/think mafia will adapt.

---------- Post automerged at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I think talking about roles today is dangerous most people are bad at wifom and unintentionally will refer to the roles in ways they wouldn't if they were that role or worse yet aren't good at doing this on purpose when they aren't the role to confuse mafia.

I like the idea of someone just confirming it happens. But I think letting titus tlak about it a bit might be good as he knows more than the rest of us.

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Nah I think Titus was just misguided. She has a way of "confirming" people that is shit. I love her but so think we need to focus on Citrus and possibly Zenzao as possible scum. Citrus wanting to take over the thread like that and posting something very beneficial to scum is fishy as fuck.

---------- Post automerged at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

In fact

Vote Citrus

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Banks here my mechanics play 101 for that situation:

I think Titus should decide for starters if the role her qt claimed is worth outing today, thus she can.

a. protect a important role while keeping the information that role had.
    b. out a not that important role if she doesnt believe the claim, making it vulerable for counterclaims, but also killing that role in the night if she is wrong.
    c. Protect an unimportant role and thus keeping mafia in the dark about the importance of the person she is in qt with.

I believe she is most likely in a qt with someone that she thought ws either a specific role a a townread in general.

In the case of her not outing the role we still want the confirmation of said person that they are in a qt, i think.

This is a high value play because while mafia know for sure that tsunade has a qt with someone they dont know if that person is important if not outed, because Titus can easily meta that play, making it a really risky gamble for them of hitting either someone important to us or someone like Sarutobi or Kiba.

Tsunade has all of the other persons information and can out them if that person dies next night.

The only risk in the play is Tsunande missreading her qt partner and thus keeping a mafia alive for the day. (thats why she should be careful with the informations she gives in the qt .. dont tell your rolereads to a stranger only because you have a qt open.

---------- Post automerged at 01:47 ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 ----------

Well yes We could make the person claim first and then ask titus what to do.

---------- Post automerged at 01:48 ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 ----------

doesnt change the principal of my play.

My play confirms Titus as long as she is not mafia with the person claiming.

There is a world of a qt with fonti which would be highly unlikely because of how the day ended, but not impossible. That world would need to be reconsidered if it ever comes to it.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Whatever Titus does is what she does.

Let's actually get to hunting rather than mechanics.

Citrus -- Explain why you didn't vote no lynch while being online close to / at the time of no lynch.

11. Banks

Banks Muggle

BTW TMNT Great shot btw thanks for listening to me on Rubi :) You're a boss!

---------- Post automerged at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Titus should never base claiming on the role importance because then not claiming lets scum know its important lol. JAn you're silly.
    Pozzai wake up and smell the dead fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

I'm going to read rubicon/X for spew

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Don't forget Rubicon replaced Xanidel so look there too.

13. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Actually can YOU and everyone else who did no lynch with a full RL day left explain why the fuck you didn't wait for everyone to check in?

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Silly urself Banks .. with what I said Titus has all the options she wants to Meta the play if she townreads her target thus missleading mafia without losing information to town because mafia cant kill both of them in the night.

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

One thing about Xanidel, in hindsight if he actually was the poisoner, is that back while I was still frustrated about people telling me off for wanting to discuss the setup, he offered to theorycraft with me. In hindsight this looks like an attempt to engage me and fish for my role.

16. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I can't explain lol I was asleep :p Don't know why you are asking me to explain what happens in my sleep ROTFLMBO. I know I post a lot but that would be ridiculous :p

If I was online I would have voted no lynch because it would have given us a chance at scum. If TMNT was lying he would be silently judged. If truth telling then we would have had a chance at scum. Win win.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I think it was because Jan accidentally hammered.

Anyway, after going through fontisian's posts, I just wanted to highlight her last one:

Heh.

Anyway.

I need to reread Pozzai/Q/Waco, I think, and put together that's like FOUR HUNDRED POSTS. I hate this game.

---------- Post automerged at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:15 ----------

bleh

the first part is @ Atum

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Seemed like a forced move to me. TMNT claimed Judge, obviously if he was lying about it, we no lynch and the real Danzo hits him. If he was telling the truth - which he was - we still had to do it to confirm he wasn't lying. I wanted to talk through who he should hit, but fonti and titus were arguing about if it was protown to talk or not, and I didn't want to jump into the middle of that.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Or...I could interact with them in real time instead...yeah...that sounds like less work.

Vote Pozzai

I'm just gonna test something out real quick.

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Do you see my point about mechanics now Newcomb?

---------- Post automerged at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:18 ----------

Why are you voting Pozzai? Not sure why when Citrus is who Fonti indicated with her last post and his opening trying to out roles? Explain please.