1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just.. fuck. I'm calling it a night. Looking at Q tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------
    Titus ...would a TMNT style post on Atum be useful?

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hey Mathblade.

Fuck off.

3. Titus

Titus Squib

Yes. /10char

You'll see that he just whiteknighted TMNT.

---------- Post automerged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Why did you not want Rubicon lynched?

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fine. Tomorrow.

5. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Hey Citrus in honor of Fonti -- No. You can explain. Now.
    Atum -- All my scum games are off site. I have had one 3P here.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

You can fuck off too since you evidently didn't read D1 twilight. You know, the one you nearly single-handedly caused

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Newcomb -- Stop derping. Listen to your side with the logic that says I am town.

It is Citrus today. That should be the lynch.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think this is such a good point. I mean, scum win by whittling us down. All town players have a power role. Town being alive mean they can contribute to finding places where scum fucked up. The higher the ratio of scum/town in thread, the better they can control the flow and create confusion/chaos/misdirection. Plus, like Banks just said, every night they leave someone alive who they could have killed is another day where they risk the Poisoner getting lynched. Even if they can use his power with the Shaman gravedigger guy, they have to wait an entire cycle to do it.

All of these are reasons why scum would have poisoned TMNT if they could have.

Yeah it's never gonna be 100%, but TMNT = Judge, Rubicon = Poisoner, fonti got NK'ed because she's powerful town if left unchecked is the most likely world.

I mean, imagine you're scum in this game for a second and that you're holding off on poisoning: So Rubicon was town and you're like, "haha, we'll make them think they got the poisoner." But now it's N2 and we've mislynched twice, someone gets hit. Maybe you NK the DOB. Maybe the real poisoner really DOES get lynched.

There are too many vig shots and power interactions out there to not take a town kill for free when you have the chance.

9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Oh you meant where you confirmed he was scum for us. Much appreciated :)

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Nope, I've decided I'm literally ignoring every single thing you've said mentioning me for at least a night. Maybe next time you won't go and fucking ping me and yell at me over and over AND OVER for not being in the thread for four fucking hours when I'm fucking busy and not checking the game thread. Consider this a response to everything you've said referring to me and everything you will say referring to me until tomorrow

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah I'm starting to get this. It's just hard for me to trust her because every time she locks on to some two-word "slip" or something and starts screaming for someone's head, my brain just screams "WOLFY REACH". I'm trying to recalibrate and figure out if I honestly think she's scum or I just can't mesh with her playstyle.
    MathBlade I'm trying to stop derping. Help me out by explaining your Citrus case like I'm 5.

12. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Was it CYS?

---------- Post automerged at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Kabuto can puppet Orochimaru any time once per game. It's a separate power. So technically, he could have used it last Night.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm seconding Newcomb w/r/t the Citrus case because I feel like a lot of things are getting drowned out by unnecessary shouting.

Math, you were scum once in a filler game here? With Sloth.

14. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What is this based off?

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Oh right. Forgot about that Von because it was a shitty time and that game I erase from all my memory banks.
    Atum yes
    Newcomb when I get to a computer in an hour or two sure.

@Q because Fonti's power role is God brain

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    You misunderstand me. I wasn't saying that that was your main case. This was based off my recollection of the thread, something I'd been mulling over, and I simply retrieved that as an example of the behavior I was talking about - that is, your attitude with regards to Titus, and the way you interacted with him.
    You sir are clearly mistaking the timeline of events in the thread. The post you quoted wasn't a case as much as trying to prevent my primary scum read from trying to talk her way out of a lynch, and pointing out further inconsistencies and falsehoods. The substance of my Titus case was well prior to that, compromising primarily of the series of events from Titus' #231 to my #280 & #282.

I'm kind of curious what further case you wanted on TMNT, my views are clearly listed, and he hasn't posted much in the way of content since.

As for my noting I was planning on looking into the issue of my top 2 scum reads at the point (Titus & TMNT, as you note) beginning to look un-aligned, yes I haven't followed up on it, because I've been badly tied up with work, and Titus' subsequent claim and the aftermath appeared to be more important in the interim.

And I stand by that read. I don't see that as engaged enough to be fighting to keep a lynch alive, tbh, it feels much more casual, like you're sniping but not particularly invested.

The point wasn't the case - like I said, I didn't read all your posts or anything. The point was the differing attitude between Titus and TMNT - for Titus you felt the need to maintain a constant low-end pressure, for TMNT that was curiously absent. I get he isn't a presence in the same way Titus is, but still.

Sure, I got similarly distracted. Any thoughts, given you've presumably had and taken the chance to reasses?

his fluffiness hos long is day 2? 3 days, or did longer win?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh yeah, and to add to that rant you fucking call me out for not no lynching? When I wasn't even fucking around during the period in which the no lynch rush occurred? Oh yeah, and that means I didn't contribute to the cluster-fuck that was ending day abruptly and early? Yeah fuck off with your complete lack of logic.

Now that I'm at home on my computer.

Every single post made during twilight by me:

Pretty self-explanatory

Hey this is pretty easy, it explains itself

Oh what's that? Rubicon first and strongly preferred to lynching anyone else?

And a reason for why a no lynch might be better? Too bad you didn't read fucking twilight where everything's almost black-and-white obvious

Hey look, my opinion AND why I think it! This book writes itself

More logic AND self-explanation AND trying to determine if my proposal is the best plan or not

More reasoning

Etc

And I even did all the work to get that posted on my phone.

Yup. Definitely didn't want Rubicon lynched Titus. Splendid job of reading the shitshow you yourself caused

18. Atum

Ugh, CYS would be the one game without obs.

Don't suppose you can point me to the filler?

Yeah Q, that's a pretty likely assessment. Leaving town!fonti alive is almost gamethrowing.

19. Quiddity

High Score:
    Fonti's role is what?

Can I second Citrus about the pinging? It's unnecessary for the most part - I only look at the mafia ones to clear them, because I'm going to hit them anyway - and it clogs up my email inbox.

20. Atum

Dang, that was to Math at the top.