1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So you're saying he's a good player, then? And nothing more?

2. Titus

Titus Squib

Citrus, it's one thing to bus when the lynch will not go through. It's another to defend the lynch when it actually can. Rubicon to me was the obvious flip target and you're crying "no lynch" "no lynch". That makes no sense to me after you thought he was scum.

3. Quiddity

High Score:
    Oh and whilst I disagreed with Citrus on the no lynch, I don't think you can read a Rubicon protection out of it - I thought it was equally likely that Pozzai or myself would be targeted, not to mention the possibility of a random crapshot.

---------- Post automerged at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Why was Rubcion the obvious lynch target? He was on a lot of lists, but so were a number of others. (This would be so much easier if we could've actually discussed this...)

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Suppose I am right and you could read that Rubicon was a likely shot, then what do you think?

5. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

It's pretty obvious. Everyone present was telling who they thought should be lynched. Not everyone agreed. Some people were very wrong in fact. Rather than chance that TMNT would take the wrong advice, especially since some people were advocating for no discussion on a judge lynch by a player they formerly scumread all day long, Citrus advocated a no lynch. Not optimal, but better than say, shooting fonti.

Does that make sense?

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Confirmed town: TMNT, Fontisian

Nigh-confirmed!Town and needs to be ignored a bunch: Titus

Very strong townreads: Newcomb, Atum

Strong townreads: Snowvon, Kalas

Moderate townreads: Jan (+), Banks

Moderate!Town and needs to be ignored a bunch: Mathblade

Null: Waco Kid, Zenzao

Lean scum: Qgqqqqq, Pozzai, Typhon (+)

Strong town-reads and up I feel very confident on, everything below that line is a lot more hand-wavy. (+) denotes someone Fontisian was very confident is town by day-end

7. Quiddity

High Score:
    Technically. Though that would have been exceedingly stupid.

Re: The whole TMNT thing, I agree it's likely that it was not done because of poisoner dying, but remember that TMNT doesn't delay future killing at all (as they can kill multiple) and that whilst he's a confirmed town, he's the most useless sort, given his lack of contribution. So it's not ridiculously unlikely that they decided to gambit a bit.

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Then Citrus' attitude remains believable, because clearly not everyone believed it was so (myself, for example).

8. Atum

Why?

/tenqs

9. Titus

Titus Squib

Vote Citrus

A shiny orange vote for you.
    Atum, not really. Abandoning scumreads when they can actually be killed is not something I think is actually indicative of town.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Rubicon didn't seem like an obvious consensus at all to me, I was extremely relieved when I saw Rubicon was decided-on.

I've watched a last second lynch like that devolve into lynching a holy role in a hunt before. Speed-judging with no feedback etc. means we didn't even know what TMNT was thinking as he wasn't posting. Ex: what if Rubicon/whoever is the judge target was Sarutobi/a role that should claim? That panic page basically meant we had to cross our fingers and hope we don't fuck up and I felt the risks outweighed the potential reward.

When I saw noone else agreed with my position I gave my opinion - strongly prefer Rubicon. If day hadn't ended early like that I would have lynched him. I was out and on my phone when I logged in and saw that shitshow occur, so my thoughts were posted as I had them as fast as I could type them because I was scared Fluffiness would end twilight as he posted a votal seemingly seconds before the Jan hammer

11. Quiddity

High Score:
    It's a one off ability that stops a massclaim and can potentially kill far more than one townie. Why on earth would you use it night 1 on a person who is barely contributing?

Isn't that obvious?

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Also if Orochimaru is still alive, if he is lynched today they lose the unlimited ability to poison TMNT, meaning they bank on Orochimaru AND Kabuto being alive to do so on a future night. Meaning the only way Rubicon is not Orochimaru is if the actual Orochimaru felt very safe from being lynched D2

---------- Post automerged at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Can you show me where it said it's a one-off ability for Kabuto? All I see is it said he can puppet Orochimaru in the setup and I don't see a mention of limited charges

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

DAY 2 IS 72 Hours.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Vote: Pozzai

Thoughts on Fontisian being shot? Potential scum-team?

15. Atum

Well I figure he can always puppet the dead body. Assuming he's dead. Good to see your thoughts though.

16. Quiddity

High Score:
    Atum said it was one off. That made sense to me (one off per player ability) and I haven't read extensively, so I took his word for it.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Atum when I get to my PC I will find it.

Away for a bit gotta handle some stuff so I can focus on this.

18. Atum

That's my bad you're right. That's not good.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I wasn't saying anything beyond the fact that most people ITT seem to agree that fonti's a scary mafia player. I'm saying I think it's likely she was NK'ed for her skill and not because scum thought she was any particular role. But, your point is well taken - trying to get into the heads of "why Mafia did X over Y" is probably not something to focus on over just trying to find scummy people.

Also, TMNTurtwig so what are you going to do with your new lease on life?

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Questions for Fluffiness:

Can you define what it means by Kabuto can puppet Orochimaru?

Is there a limited number of charges?

Does he have to grab it from the grave of Orochimaru like he does with stealing any other ability?