1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It says there's only two charges .

Interestingly, it says they can't use the dead abilities until the next night.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I don't understand how it seems everyone's come to a consensus on how this ability works when it's not explicitly stated as everyone seems to agree on in the setup

3. Quiddity

High Score:
    Edit: By two charges, I mean two dead nabbings, not two poisons.

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Well the one person who disagrees and is asking questions is one of the two people you're arguing should be ignored Citrus.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Oh yeah, and why did you think it was perfectly ok to lynch TMNT no brakes? Why did you disagree with Fontisian and scream and shout when Fontisian said TMNT was town? Why did you spam posts in the game thread when people were debating whether TMNT could be derp-town?

Why did you rush us into day-end with no lynches? (hint: I still want an answer for this one, even if it has to wait for post-game)

Hey isn't this fun? Just because you're nigh-conf!town, doesn't mean you're fucking right on anything. So why don't you listen to other people, because there's plenty of people in here that are probably way closer to figuring out who's scum than you are (if things went your way, we would have mislynched TMNT D1 instead of lynching Rubicon).

And don't you dare say something stupid like "Oh I was reaction testing you haha gotcha"

---------- Post automerged at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Are you talking about yourself? Because I just made a post that address that pretty darn well

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

The third line in Kabuto's role description was just a quirk when he puppets Orochimaru. Otherwise, it is just a normal puppeteering.

7. Quiddity

High Score:
    That is a point, Newcomb, and might be the case. I'm a bit divorced from what the rest of DLP rates various players (I have my own thoughts, of course, but they're based off less experience), though I think the more important point is that it's rarely just the one thing - there's a lot to consider when picking kills, and player skill is just one factor among many.

That being said, my point wasn't to dismiss their reasoning, though you don't want too much weight in it. We once killed a player who made an off hand comment about something after a largely inactive day which made it clear he had a lead that would probably undo one of us, and suicided a scum to ensure that they didn't get a chance to run it. So, y'know, if there's anything like that it's definitely something we need to consider.

---------- Post automerged at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

This this this.

---------- Post automerged at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Anyway, going offline now.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Right, so now we know for sure. Kabuto theoretically has two *delayed* charges of poison.

Which makes it extremely extremely likely Rubicon was Orochimaru (with a slight say 10% chance of Orochimaru feels extremely safe (and a super tiny chance mafia are just weird and didn't want to poison while Orochimaru is suspected but that's like .1%))

9. Titus

Titus Squib

This still doesn't answer my question. Can he puppet the dead?

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

11. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Kabuto can *only* puppet the dead.

During the night, he can pick someone who's dead - they have to have died at this point* - learn what role they were, and then use their power the next night. He can do this twice during the game. If he does this for Orochimaru, the same rule applies re: if he's wrong, he's outed.

* this means that Rubicon was the only valid target for Kabuto last night, as scum NK comes after Kabuto's power in OoO.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

· Can communicate with other Sound nin through QT.
    · Twice per game, he may choose a dead player, learn their identity, and use whatever powers they would have been able to use that night the next night.
    · Kabuto may puppet Orochimaru to use his poison. After he fails a poisoning using Orochimaru's power, his identity is revealed.

Those are totally separate abilities.

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fluffiness said it is just a normal puppeteering, aka it's the same ability.

But congratulations on managing to even fuck up an explicit explanation of the rules from the mod.

Yeah I think I'm done for tonight, I'm not feeling very calm right now

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Titus -- Quit derping already. It's not helpful.

Fontisian two seconds in says this is fake. Fontisian points out Citrus scum right before dead. Look who dies...Fontisian.

Where he says he lives in the Village of Leaf but doesn't outright say he is town. In a mafia game everyone lives in the same village and the point is to find the scum. Useless post that is supposed to make us think he is town.

Oh looky looking at the wall here.

Now look at Xanidel's reads spoilered for ease of reading the thread. Look at how damn similar they are. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts Citrus coached him on this.

Atum
    Newcomb
    Waco
    Citrus
    Snow
    TMNT
    Font
    Typhon
    Kalas
    Math
    Qgq
    Bank
    Zenz
    Pozz
    Jan
    Titus

Hops on the wagon and just goes merrily along. And no one questions it. He did provide reasons a lot earlier but didn't follow this up with anything. He asked Rubicon in a later post (here: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=830251&postcount=1552) to think for himself and not just follow what Titus was doing. This is so he had SOME interaction with Rubicon. He never follows up with Rubicon as to why either yet he asked me two seconds in "Why the scumread on Titus?" The distancing is great with this one indeed. Too bad the Force is with me :)

Furthermore, he asks for reads and reasons and has only the one read wall.

--------

After he sheeps he comes BACK with a "Yeah I can confirm that dude is acting really scummy." 1000 posts after his vote he says SOMETHING. (Paraphrase of post : https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=830400#post830400)

Fonti continues her assault of Citrus being scum and Citrus tries to play it off here (https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=830562&postcount=1713) LISTEN TO THE GOD FONTI IN ALL OF HER WISDOM.
    THIS GOES FOR 1710 for you too Titus. THERE IS A REASON WE ARE SAYING ATUM IS TOWN.

------

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=830706&postcount=1789

Another attempt at trying to get us to talk about ourselves and what we think. Combined with the start of the day that is really scummy.

------

Here: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=830721&postcount=1797

Citrus says he is probably scum but then tries to give Rubicon outs. The same creepy ass weird thing I had trouble when I thought Titus was scum but now that most likely Rubicon is scum this post is all kinds of bad.

----------

This here is a subtle deflection to try to get Ino to not target Titus: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=830748&postcount=1815

We know it's a bad idea, but please please think about it. (paraphrase not what was actually said)

----------

This post to me is the most damning:

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=831259&postcount=2132

This is where he wants TMNT to not use his judge power on ANYONE. Why would you not want your top scumread to be judgelynched. If I was judge I would autolynch my top scum read in a heartbeat and if they were town it'd be their own damn fault for not playing well enough.

-----------

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=831284&postcount=2147

Notice this here. Citrus immediately and boldly proclaims Rubicon is 100% scum after trying to give him outs before. He's actually scum. Look at that tone. That tone that screams "Oh yeah" I've been deceiving you. Think about some of Minx's video's on youtube. When he's been evil and deceving people he/she(?) says that "No, I was actually the serial killer.[/i] The actually is a huge neon sign.

----------

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=831447

This post which I have said plenty about and how he opens the day trying to get us to talk mechanics slip roles and possibly reads.

--------

Okay those are the major points of why I believe Citrus scum.

Got a new readwall there buddy? Or did it die with Xanidel/Rubicon?

---------- Post automerged at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

End Citrus wall. Newcomb -- Here you go :)

---------- Post automerged at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

Does that explain it like you are 5? Because I can clearly see the distinction.

---------- Post automerged at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

Awesome. Then in that case, I will have no problems lynching you obvScum.

16. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Caught up. First things first; reading over the End of Day, a lot of what Citrus started doing after the TMNT claim yesterDay struck me as odd leading up to the No Lynch. He continues that trend going into ToDay. Math covers that better than I could.

Since my top Scum turned out to be Town, Conf!Town, and according to the aforementioned Conf!Town, Town, while my highest scummy after them was Rubicon, I'm going to go out on a limb and trust1 Fonti2 at this3 point4, with a side of Math and Titus.

That puts Pozzai, Q, and Citrus, my next highest scummy to null, as Scum.

Rubicon
    Citrus
    Pozzai|Q
    Waco
    Banks
    Jan|Snow|Typhon|Kalas
    Atum|Math|Titus|TMNT
    New
    Fonti

In that light, look at Pozzai's 1995 in response to my previous readwall. He has Fonti as high Scum(while ignoring Math), says he's not yet dealt with Rubicon so far and tries to excuse Rubicon's absence, also says he will re-read Rubicon last. Allows that Q has gradually faded and, in a bit of a tongue-in-cheek reference, says he and Q are a lot alike. Keeps Q at neutral. Then says that Citrus should go higher up from my null placement to a town-read.

So. Fonti NK lastNight. Same thing happened, IIRC, N3 in WH11. Fonti is good at solving a game. I believe she has it and the Scum took her out to keep her from convincing the rest of town.

Regarding no soup kills, I was on the same page as Titus on her #2244 saying that the Scum team may have decided to sit on it and let us assume that Rubicon was Orochimaru. Citrus campaigning against this so hard and trying to draw hard claims/CC's out into the open bothers me.

Lynch Vote Citrus.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

Where do you think Citrus was trying to draw hard claims into the open?

18. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Here, here, and here IMO.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

That makes sense. Scum would need to know who I had in chat for that to work though... which makes me glad I haven't hard confirmed who my chat is.

If that theory is right then, Kalas just took a nose dive for fishing who I had slugs into.

---------- Post automerged at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

If scum can pair up that I have slugs in Player X, and I say Player X has this role, scum don't need to CC and get a free kill.

---------- Post automerged at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

That could be a coincidence though considering scum knew Kalas wanted confirmation of who I had slugs in though.. :S

20. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

And they can save a Kabuto use if they NK them. I think I'm a-okay with you not saying who you never openly saying who you have in your chat. I trust you Titus. You derp -- a lot, but I trust you.

I think Pozzai actually has different reasons for doing that one, but I don't think they actually fit with group scum. I really want to see how they post at day open though.
    Citrus -- What do you think of Kalas or Atum scum? I picture more of Kalas with it, but I need to get a reread of Atum possible scum. I don't know why Titus won't listen to me, but I need to reread this thing definitely again.

And yes I know I'm asking my top scum read, who has said they will ignore me, but I want to see how he answers this question if he will.