1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Banks I believe she is town but she is fucking crazy if she thinks what she is doing on any level is acceptable.

Your reads on Citrus and Zenzao would be appreciated in relation to Rubicon. I thought Citrus + Rubicon makes sense for reasons I posted.

2. Banks

Banks Muggle

Haven't read it been out of the thread all night and day. So I still haven't gone over Rubicon spew. I kinda want to hit it with a fresh mind and see if anything sticks out tbh.

I'll let you know on the other side give me like 30-45 minutes

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

^ Funniest thing ITT so far. It's funny because it's true.

Explain what this means and I'll give it a shot. Like, from context, reading all his posts to see what he might have slipped up about?

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

And find potential partners yes. Since we have a scum in Rubicon more than likely we can reread Xanidel and Rubicon's posts accordingly. Pretty much the idea is reread the thread with the day flip info and see what can be gleaned.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

I agree, but let's not get overconfident that Rubicon was indeed scum.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

It is shit like this that makes me not trust your you Titus. Go watch episode 4 of Titan's Grave or something like I am because you and I need to shut the fuck up.

---------- Post automerged at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Sorry I went a little overboard Titus. Everyone deserves to play. Just ugh.

Very frustrated and rereading the thread again.

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Just letting you guys know I'm here. Reading back through this day now.

8. Titus

Titus Squib

I've got a wee bit of a problem. I have too many solid town.

9. Newcomb

So, reading Xan/Rubicon's ISO with the lens and assumption that they were scum.

Xan is easy, he literally had less than a dozen posts.

This is after he's done an analysis of Titus's posts, painting her as contradicting herself a bit re: setup talk. Could scum have been floating a Titus mislynch? If Xan is scum, looking at it from his perspective, where would he put the other scum in that wall? He listed town both low and high, and subconsciously he probably didn't want to group his teammates together, so... maybe one from the Citrus/Waco/Snow cluster?

And that's pretty much it for Xanidel.

On to Rubicon:

"I know TMNT is town."

Going for towncred / Voice of Reason?

This is before Titus claims. Another attempt to set Titus up for a mislynch? Interesting talk about the NK - where is the truth in this statement, I wonder...

I think this actually looks good for Citrus. I can't fathom why Rubicon would feel the need to bus here, with Citrus being in practically no danger. I will note that he gives Atum an "attaboy" and Xanidel listed Atum as his top townread.

This is to fonti. It almost seems like he's fishing for an interaction where he'll be begrudgingly won over on Citrus. This is probably bad for Citrus; feels like scum trying to long-distance mine some towncred.

I would give Banks some points for this. He's coming at her with bluster but not with substance, more like a "get off my back" than a "I'm town and I don't mind showing you why."

That's such a weird post. It was in response to Qg's post here. I'm kind of WIFOM'ing myself on this one, so I'll just leave it as null for now. Maybe someone can make sense of why scum!Rubicon would make this post and what if anything it says about Qg.

Reads like an attempt to kick up dust. Knows fonti's town, wants to get the thread's MVP (Most Vocal Player) onto fonti for a while. I guess this looks good for MB not being groupscum; with daychat he could just tell her to keep at it.

This post
    , which I'll link because the embedded quotes are needed for context. To me, this looks like he's shopping. I would have to say this looks decent for Pozzai, like he's egging fonti on to keep pushing. Unsure about the Qg thing, AGAIN.

This is to me, after a post where I unvote Math and express some concerns about Rubicon. Again, can't really see scum!Rubicon throwing Pozzai under the bus on D1 with no flips like this.

Okay, so if this is scum!Rubicon, then he's making a direct appeal to the person who's going to decide his fate. He's also aware from the tenor of the thread that he's not above suspicion himself. So, WIFOM. Would he tell TMNT - whom he has no idea the degree to which he'd be trusted - to lynch his buddies as reverse psychology? The Qg and Pozzai picks are consistent with what he'd been shopping in prior posts, at any rate.

I will note again that this is another "hard no" on Atum.

______

And that's what I got out of Rubicon. In order, I think it makes Pozzai, Banks, and MathBlade look a little better, and Atum and Citrus look a little worse. All of this is with the caveat that Rubicon was indeed scum.

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Then please just listen and read. I don't plan on posting thoughts for at least another 5 hours. Nap time for the MathBlade. Maybe then my mind will refocus itself.

11. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Where did this come from?

I think the "would have been the cop check" narrative is silly, too. You don't check people in the middle - leaving aside whether or not fonti was there - you check people you think are most likely to be scum, generally. Now that probably shifts a bit in a souping game, but not overly so, IMO.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Not caught up, btw.

12. Titus

Titus Squib

MathBlade, I happen to think out loud here.

Newcomb, I think Rubicon doesn't throw out the names of his buddies unless he's sure he will be ignored. Given TMNT flipped him, that's not a huge assumption to say wifom at play.

13. Quiddity

High Score:
    Jan, it's very nice to give fontisian's reads. It is something that will shed light on how to approach today. But would you ever-so-kindly give your own opinions on Pozzai, Waco, and I? And what order you would lynch us in?

FFS, fonti is not some sort of omniscient deity. She can be wrong, she can miss things - something you clearly accept by giving reads on other players, as otherwise it would be enough for us all to simply shut up and lynch her reads. So why do you feel giving no reasoning or discussion on fonti's scumreads is at all justified?

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

No, I didn't remember it amidst your 500 other posts. Care to point me to why?

And, y'know, fuck off with your off limit shit. I don't accept that on anyone, no even Newcomb or TMNT - it is never right to shut down discussion of reads. Maybe I'll make an argument and it'll be so clearly grasping at straws as to scumfirm me. Maybe it'll find something you'd missed and be of use. Regardless, there's no reason to ever shut down discussion on a player.

And I wasn't suggesting and dropping it. I intend to read his posts and reevaluate, because I got a bad feeling off his ones from early yesterday.

And what meta of mine? Do you mean I read similar to Batmafia?

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

This is a joke, right?

You get that the game we're currently playing is called Mafia, right?

Could you point to the posts of this, or was it just the all-caps no-lynch one and what followed?

(Because like I said, I get Citrus' no-lynch narrative and I don't think it is alignment-telling.)

---------- Post automerged at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

---------- Post automerged at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Post in your QT what you think I crumbed and where. Not particularly relevant to the game as is, but I think you read into things much more than is there.

14. Banks

Banks Muggle

I became very swamped at work I apologize.

I can't dedicate the proper time to this I need to atm.

Hopefully things will slow down.

(the above took me like 30 mintues to write between phone calls lol)

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Fucking hell, this game. I'm about to run through a shower, and clear my head for a minute because despite the fact I have a town read on Titus* and Mathblade** (obviously less firm, but still a solid feeling) after trudging through our latest 30 page day filled with such gems as (fake i think?) copchecks and calling someone scum because they called the game mafia, I want them both to die just so the thread will be more rational to me.

Citrus, thanks for being patient. I'll be answering your question first when I come back.

*Well, she's townfirmedish, anyway. Without that, I don't know that I would have anything of the sort
    **Obviously no mechanical confirmation, but I've got a pretty solid feeling here.

16. Newcomb

It was the all-caps no lynch thing, and also the one where he voted (paraphrasing) "Rubicon for posterity. (He actually is scum.)"

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    It's not a slight difference, it's an entirely different perspective.

Actually, never mind. I was going to continue, but I think this is as much as can be productive, because it boils down to my contending one thing and you contending another. Personally, I was taking into account their different presences in the thread when I say that they are being treated with a wholly differing attitude.

No. I'm saying I didn't feel the need to reread your posts to find what I was looking for as an example of what I'd read all day. This wasn't me making a case, Waco, this was me explaining a read to Newcomb.

(Also, that's not what sniping means. Sniping would be if I did, say, what Mathblade did just now, and took a few words and hammered onto them. What I'm doing is addressing the whole of your play and saying that there are problems with how it reads, which is all-but the opposite of that.

---------- Post automerged at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Explain your own influence. Don't you think it is blatantly more useful to expand on people you think are scum and should be lynched than it is on people who are edge cases?

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Vote:Waco

Does anyone think Waco is town?

19. Quiddity

High Score:
    I really wish you'd link these.

This is empty reasoning??? What is bad about being the third to vote Mathblade, either?

What were you expecting as a superior beginning?

You say soft defend, I say investigate and probe on Mathblade.

And...that was not a push on Mathblade, spirited or otherwise. That was a discussion of Newcomb as a read, using Mathblade's own views as a starting point.

I love that you enumerated stuff like this:

(Not to mention that is not filler.)

Let's break this down, shall we?

This seems to be the bulk of your case on me. And...well, what is it? Like seriously, what are you trying to say? How was it painful?

Like, are you saying his readwall was written by me? That all his posts were written by me?

Like...what is wrong with how I posted here? What is the point of quoting this exchange?

No, that was a "how I think you should improve" to Newcomb - and after I'd just posted defending him and saying I saw him as very towny. What would I be hoping for in someone else taking up, when it would be difficult to construct a narrative involving myself hopping on? And if I'm scum, why wouldn't I pass that read to a mate - such as Xanidel, even?

And that wasn't why I was voting Mathblade.

What is this, Waco? Where was the thing that you found? This feels enormously like just throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks, rather than the gotcha you were promising. I admit I haven't been playing very well, especially early on, but I don't see where any of that is scummy.

---------- Post automerged at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Vote:The Waco Kid

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hm.

Typhon
    Qgqqqqq
    Pozzai
    The Waco Kid

are not in my towncircle.

Votecount?