1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I'm currently queued to lynch Qgqqqq, if a strong group consensus comes up and ya'll still want me to judge then I'll shift to that.

2. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I was sleeping. Nothing was done to me in the night, at least to my knowledge.

---------- Post automerged at 05:14 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

No roleblock n1 either.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    +5, TYVM. I was literally in the middle of responding to New when my service provider decided to crap out on me twice over(TV+Internet). And it wasn't just my place, but other WiFi enabled places nearby that I biked to to try and keep up with the gamestate. Finally found a McDonald's a few miles up the road that was working where I could note in my QT what had happened.

Perhaps putting 'DayStart' was a bit much. But between crumbing by various players, getting hit by the Cop(I.E why would they target her?), having two other players in the Scumchat to bounce role-thoughts off of, and Math, in general, being very, very acutely sensitive to player interactions, as she outright states to Titus a while back that she is combing through posts to an anal degree, narrowing in on Cop!Waco by the middle of D2 when she abandons her Citrus push makes perfect sense to me.

Wow, way to complete ignore my #3462 during the entire duration I was unable to view the game. I've made no less than three inquiries directed at you within that post and pinged you on top of that. Be a gent and answer, please.

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I've been carefully not posting because nobody else was and I'm not super familiar with this whole popcorn feedback thing, but we have less than 24 hours less, and the lack of scumhunting/discussion/consensus is making me pretty damn uncomfortable. Mostly, I'm feeling pretty certain that Qg is scum right now, but so far as I know there has been very very little pressure on Qg besides from me and a bit from Zenzao, and little anywhere else either.

Now, on to Rubicon stuff. Excuse time first, though (well, sorta): Zenzao, I just can't do a Qg style post for you tonight, and I'm not gonna put it off another day just to have that fall through too. Just in the interest of getting a read on you and not having this hanging over my head in the end day, I gave you a read through and the middle looks pretty good as well. I can find specifics if you/anybody wants, but if not then I'm updating your read to moderate to slight town as a result of the read.

So, the two Rubicon interaction posts, by me and Snowvon, respectively.

So lets look at what is standout, here.

fonti: A lot of interactions, almost solely neutral. Pretty much confirmed to be town.
    Banks: Lot of interactions, almost solely negative. Pretty much confirmed to be town. Banks was pushing though, so that might have effected things.
    Math: Lot of interactions, almost solely neutral. Looks pretty firmly to be scum.

So with that as a baseline, we have a neutral set of interactions with one scum, one town, and a negative set with one town. It's almost a certainty that we have some positive interactions with at least one scum buddy, and equally likely that he had negative interactions with another.

For net positive interactions, our candidates in order of the total number of interactions are:
    -Jan (5)
    -Kalas (3)
    -Me (2)
    -Newcomb (1)

For net negative interactions arranged the same way, we have:
    -Qgqqqq (3)
    -Snowvon (2)
    -Citrus (2)

So, from this analysis, it looks like we're looking at Qg scum (yes, because he has been scummy, not because the interaction itself is damning), and probably another scum between Jan/Kalas.

If by some chance Qg isn't scum, there's almost certainly scum between Snowvon and Citrus. If there isn't scum between Jan/Kalas and Qg is scum, then I'd put money on Citrus to be scum based on Qg's interactions with him.

Order of likelihood to be scum:
    Qgqqqq
    Jan/Kalas (will have to evaluate both, but I didn't particularly like Jan's actions earlier with the hammer and Math defended him pretty hard, so if pressed I'd go in that order)
    Citrus
    Snowvon

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Be on the look out to change who you're judging if Waco/Poz have a town result.

I still prefer Z or Atum, and I don't get scum vibes from Q but we'll see how this plays out. I think Math was whiteknighting Q.

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Titus

Why do you not think Qg is scum? Gut/meta, or do you have a case?

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    :facepalm

MAKE A FUCKING CASE AGAINST ME THEN. STOP BEATING AROUND THE DAMN BUSH. DO THE SAME FOR ATUM. CASE. BY. POST. CASE. PUT A VOTE DOWN.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Goddamn, this day is going fast. Time to narrow down the field.

Not lynching: TMNT, Titus, Pozzai, Waco

Typhon is trying to solve the game. Same with Zenzao. I also have a pretty strong townread on Kalas.

I'm less sure about Jan and Atum but I have notes on them at a net positive.

Citrus never really satisfied my questions about end of D1 and misrepping a post quote in his defense of MathBlade's push. Also Zenzeo makes some good points about recent activity.

Qgqqqqq seems more interested in defending than solving the game.

Snowvon is here and then not, and the pop-ins feel wolfy to me. I also have a whole lot of neutral / null in my notes for him, and that's a warning sign at this point in the game.

Citrus, Snowvon, Qgqqqqq, let's play "Who Wants To Be A Townie?"

First prize is a Cadillac El Dorado.

Second prize is a set of steak knives.

Third prize is you're lynched.

I'll start:

Citrus

9. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    If I'm not scummy from the interaction, than I'm not scummy for the analysis. Don't try to stealth-push your own reads.

Soooo Citrus is (probable) scum if I'm scum, and (probable) scum if I'm town? And still you rank him below Jan and Kalas?

Riiiight. Someone is liking his lynchables, here.

10. Newcomb

Qg if you want to convince people you're town, stop sniping at people doing work and find the scum.

11. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Just got home, will skim today's posts. Am I up in the popcorn yet?

12. Quiddity

High Score:
    Also, is seriously no one else at all concerned at the utter inertia on my wagon? At the simple assumption present amongst all players that I'm going to be hung today, and that everyone is cool with it?

Do you really think there'd be such an inactive thread if I'm scum? That there wouldn't be any other wagons a-driving?

I know none of you have read any of my scum!games before, but have a look at my behavior in some of them. Compare that behavior to here. (Especially the first and final, where I was lynched Day 1 and on the second-to-last day, respectively. And please don't judge me on WW18, I was posting off a crappy phone.)

It's meta, but I've never been this inactive in a scum game. I've never cared so little in a game where I'm scum. Every time I have defended and attacked viciously, because I am always far more engaged when I'm scum, especially in role-heavy setups like this one.

And you're basing this off what? A lack of townie moves? A lack of enthusiasm for the game? A focus on defense over investigation?

All of these are fair assessments, I don't deny them. However, the connection between this and being scum is lacking. I'm behaving like this because I don't care about the game. If you consider past history, I invariably care more about the game when I am scum as opposed to town.

Let's also look at the interactions between me and the two players we believe to be scum. Not as a sum of negative and positive, but as they actually are - weird. Rubicon votes me without explanation. Claims I'm clearly scum, again, without explanation. I push him on this, and even have the miny-meltdown that was my Pozzai vote, and still, nothing.

If I might extend this a little to what I think was happening, Rubicon was seeing a player who wasn't playing very well and hoping that votes and pushes without explanation would encourage someone else with more drive/time for the game (which he clearly lacked, as he barely posted anything) would take it up and push it, and he could then be responsible. As is, it fell flat on its face, and nothing came of it.

Then Math, who took the opposite view, declaring me town authoritatively without anything more added. Again, I pushed her. Again, (all but) nothing.

Don't you think in either of these cases that the two would have put more thought into me, if I was scum with them? At a stretch, don't you think I could have fed them something?

13. Titus

Titus Squib

Yes you certainly are.

14. Quiddity

High Score:
    BTW, do the cop/acolyte combo have a scan result from last night?

15. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

N1: Not hit by anything
    N2: role-blocked

---------- Post automerged at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

As such I have no check result for N2

16. Newcomb

So your argument is, "look how little effort I"m putting into solving the game"? That's not exactly confidence-inspiring.

17. Titus

Titus Squib

He doesn't need to care what others think. He's town or Tobi. I'd rather get group scum today.

If he's really paranoid, he could claim since I'm pretty sure Sasuke is still alive (barring it being Banks).

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Mate, at this point anything I say against you is hardly stealth. I think you're scum, full stop.

I was just saying that you possessed the highest number of negative interactions with Rubicon of anybody, but 3 was not overly damning compared to 2 (the next highest number of interactions that were net negative). Actually, you were notable in that all 3 of his direct mentions of you were negative.

However, in fairness it was my prior reads that made me feel that you were scum, not that. It was just that this analysis also indicated you were at high likelihood of being scum.

Umm, no. From the Rubicon analysis, Citrus is a potential light Rubicon bus target.

-If you're scum, then I think the other is one of Jan or Kalas, in that order.
    -If you're town, then I think that one scum is still in Jan or Kalas, and the other is in Citrus or Snowvon.
    -If you're scum and there is no scum in Jan or Kalas, then I think the remaining scum is Citrus because of how you interacted with him.

That's what I said. I think that the first case is most likely, so I don't particularly think Citrus is scum.

Don't make me out as swaying in the wind, I've backed everything I've said with posts.

19. Titus

Titus Squib

Figured as much. Now, just waiting on Pozzi here.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

oops, ninja'd